MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 8th, 2013, 06:17 PM

Angry hoster won't upgrade

OK, I just yesterday bought and paid for the latest and greatest hoster upgrade ... however, Hoster's server still tells me my upgrade has expired and so it won't let me actually do the upgrade. If i just yesterday bought it and hoster aknowleges that I bought it why doesn't it update the expiration date and let me use what I just freaking paid for? I have a show coming up tomorrow and I want to be able to get the upgrade settled in before the show? Why is this an issue every time i upgrade? It is bad enough that I have paid now hundreds of dollars in upgrade fees over the past 6 years, but to have this issue over and over again? These people are software geniuses. Cant they get the damned server to update my expiration date when I pay for it?
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:05 PM

Re: hoster won't upgrade

You have more than One RegCode, which is why you are getting this message. You upgraded the one that ends in 792. So to install the latest version you would need to use this RegCode, if you need to upgrade your other one, you would need to also purchase the upgrade for that code.
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about i have just the video hoster one program on two machines i tried installing with both registration codes with the 793 code it tells me it needs the other code but with the other code it tells me it is expired. Look i paid my moeny many times i need help now i have a show to morrow please explain exactly what i am doing wrong or fix my reg code do something pleasse.

Last edited by djbikeerrob; July 9th, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Hoster One licence only installs on one computer.
I don't know if your post or supports was a typo error but in that you state:
"i have just the video hoster one program on two machines i tried installing with both registration codes with the 793 code "

Support states " you upgraded the one that ends in 792 so to install the latest version you would need to use this RegCode.

Have you checked the registration code you are trying to upgrade is the one for that particular computer ?

And also that the number is correct ?

Best way is to use the Windows copy function from your account page then paste that into the Hoster registration field.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:52 PM

roy i have the same hoster i have always had for two machines i have tried to upgrade on both of them with both supposed reg codes neither will upgrade both tell me different thingswhenii try with the old code tells me that my reg code has expired wheni try with the new code the new code tells me i must use the old code. meanwhile i am getting the runaround. how could i know what code to pick to upgrade i only use video hoster and that's what i downloaded yet it is telling me no, and mtu is telling to to pay again. but to a different reg code? how do i do that?
i did pay! 69 dollars for an upgrade of video hoster at least that's what my receipt says. i will send it to you if you want to look at it. so what in the hell is going on? all i want to do is a simple upgrade. i paid so what is wrong and please explain it step by step cause i am getting very frustrated.
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Ok i finally figured it out when i paid for my upgrade i was either not logged in or mtu gave me a different regcode than i had so this is why i could not upgrade. so here is what i did. i logged in, paid for yet another upgrade, and viola it worked just like it should . Why i got a different reg code than i usualy have by ordering an upgrade i still don't really know, but i have now paid 140 dollars for a 69 dollar upgrade i don't suppose there is any chance of getting the other code cancelled and getting my money back for the unused regcode that i do not need and will never use? i did not know it was possible to upgrade a reg code you never had? unless that regcode is for my songverter program? I will check it and get back to you.

Last edited by djbikeerrob; July 9th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:20 PM

ok roy i just checked the reg code for my songverter program and it is nothing like the " other " regcode so my question remains, how did i get a different regcode when all i did was order an upgrade? and can i get my money back?
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I am only a user like yourself, I have nothing to do with the sales side but will inform support of your problem.
It seems to me you may have inadvertently purchased a wrong version. What used to be known as Hoster Lite with some functions missing is now "Hoster One", a full version but only allows a single install.

The standard video Hoster that you have always used allowed to be installed on 2 computers.

Looking at your statement you paid $140, the cost of an original purchase of Hoster lite is $149.99 that is for a new user not an upgrade which it appears you have purchased.

Did you try upgrading via the Hoster Menu Help/Check for updates or by going straight to the MTU site ?

It seems to me you selected a wrong option.

I will inform support of your problem and that is all I can do, you will have to wait for a response from them to see how you proceed.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM

djbikerrob,
I have asked them to refund you for your last order of 85163. It shows that you upgraded the Other Regcode, and you have now got it installed.

I now see what you mean, it was confusing with the way that your account had the upgrades, thus I thought you had more than one RegCode.
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:46 PM

thank you mtu support i appreciate the responce and thank you roy for your efforts as well.
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM

I am having the same problem, I upgraded thru the Hoster program, now I have two different registrations codes. This has been a un-going problem for years. Why can't we just have one simple code that never changes???
As of right now I cannot upgrade my Hoster from 5.08 to the current version. I have a support ticket in because I do not know what to do.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
I am having the same problem, I upgraded thru the Hoster program, now I have two different registrations codes. This has been a un-going problem for years. Why can't we just have one simple code that never changes???
As of right now I cannot upgrade my Hoster from 5.08 to the current version. I have a support ticket in because I do not know what to do.
You should not have to keep getting different codes for upgrades to an existing registration.

Wait a couple of days for a response from the support ticket, if you don't get a response report back.
Did you get an instant auto acknowledgment for your ticket ? if not check your spam folder.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:14 AM

Yes I got a instant response but it has a different registration code.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM

Angry Re: hoster won't upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
You have more than One RegCode, which is why you are getting this message. You upgraded the one that ends in 792. So to install the latest version you would need to use this RegCode, if you need to upgrade your other one, you would need to also purchase the upgrade for that code.
I agree that the process for upgrading is not very good. This is the only program where I always seem to have issues when I upgrade. If you go on your accounts page it would be nice to have one reg code that never changes, when it is time for an upgrade you pay the fee and the process takes over buy itself, it finds the right registration code for you.

I am assuming that people who have registration problems are creating their own problems by not understanding the correct process. Users have posted over the years about having registration problems so this should tell MTU that it needs to be made simpler. I am still waiting for my last Hoster upgrade support ticket looked at, I upgraded thru the Hoster program itself and now have two different registration codes so I cannot upgrade.

Tags
updates