MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM

Problem Converting Mp3 To Wav

I'm Tring to convert my sound effect Mp3 files that I regularly use in my VDJ program from Mp3 to Wav format so I can use them in Hoster.

The porblem is that after converting them using sonverter ver. 110 program with No Errors they all don't work, not (1) out of 150.

I checked them out in my VDJ program and they all flat lined with no sound at all

Why is this happening and what can be done to fix this?

I have a lot of Shows and booked solid, and I'd like to use them from Hoster insted of swithing from Hoster to VDJ just to get the sound effects I need to spice up my Gig.

Thanks

Joe....
Old December 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

I tried to and also tried to convert mp3 to wma and both times I got an error message. Looks like a bug. All the other conversions seem to be working right.
My guess is the only thing you can do is use another converter for those right now until MTU can get back on Songverter which won't be anytime soon. I also have WavPad which is freeware that I have used for volume control for my Instabutton files, but it will read MP3 and then I can save them as WAV.
Old December 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I tried to and also tried to convert mp3 to wma and both times I got an error message. Looks like a bug. All the other conversions seem to be working right.
My guess is the only thing you can do is use another converter for those right now until MTU can get back on Songverter which won't be anytime soon. I also have WavPad which is freeware that I have used for volume control for my Instabutton files, but it will read MP3 and then I can save them as WAV.
Hi ddouglass

Do you have the link or web ad. for WavPad I need to adjust the volumn level on all the effects, right now i'm using my mixer to do that.

You know I've thought of an idea, maybe instead off re-assighing each button under tools when you want to change to a new effect, have a feature to right click on a button into a option to pick a new effect from a list on the fly for that button, it would be fast convenient and on the spot.

Thank you

ddouglass
cajungoods4u

Joe....
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
Hi ddouglass

Do you have the link or web ad. for WavPad I need to adjust the volumn level on all the effects, right now i'm using my mixer to do that.

You know I've thought of an idea, maybe instead off re-assighing each button under tools when you want to change to a new effect, have a feature to right click on a button into a option to pick a new effect from a list on the fly for that button, it would be fast convenient and on the spot.

Thank you

ddouglass
cajungoods4u

Joe....
Do a Google search for WavePad...it will come up.

Got a new idea.....put it in the New Features Forum. Telling us in here isn't going to get it noticed by MTU. Sounds good but not sure MTu would go for it, though I have been wrong before.
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Thanks ddouglass

Joe...
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieves View Post
I'm Tring to convert my sound effect Mp3 files that I regularly use in my VDJ program from Mp3 to Wav format so I can use them in Hoster.

The porblem is that after converting them using sonverter ver. 110 program with No Errors they all don't work, not (1) out of 150.

Why is this happening and what can be done to fix this?
I have noted this and it will be addressed in our next release. We are expecting to finish Hoster 4.10 (hopefully) Final Release Candidate today or tomorrow. If all goes well, it will release next week.

In-between a few slack periods, we have been upgrading Songverter to add recursive sub-folder use, changed things around to make it easier to use, and will address the "deeper" issues like this bug... probably next week. I would hope to get a release by mid February, but that is NOT a commitment. We don't know what Vista may throw at us today!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:48 AM

Admin
Thank you for You're reply.

Joe....