MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

View Poll Results: Why Do You Host Karaoke For A Living?
It's The Funnest Job In The World 6 17.65%
I'm A Pro Musician Turned Karaoke Host 9 26.47%
It's Better Than A Day Job 9 26.47%
I Can't Do Anything Else 1 2.94%
I Like The Drunks. 4 11.76%
Because I Can 10 29.41%
It's A Family Business 4 11.76%
I Own A Night Club 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM

oK HERE, i NEVER EVER PUT MY KARAOKE PUTER ON LINE, JUST HYPER ABOUT THAT.i HAVE A BACK UP 500GB EXTERNAL DRIVE THAT I CAN PLUG INTO MY PUTER, KARAOKE PUTER, AND ACCESS ALL MY KMA FILES, JUST LIKE ON THE HARD DRIVE OF MY PUTER THAT I USE AT SHOWS. I CAN ACCESS THIS ON MY CURRENT HOSTER PROGRAM IF I SET IT TO DO SO. BUT I PLUGGED IT IN TO MY HOME P[UTER YESTERDAY, AND IT WOULD NOT LET ME ADD THESE FILES TO SONG LIST IT WOULD NOT ACCESS IT AT ALL, BUT WOULD TAQKE A CDG AND PUT IT ON THE SONG LIST, IS THIS THE WAYIT WORKS IN JUST THE TRIAL VERSION OR AM I DOING SOMETHNG WRONG?
KOWBOYS
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM

Dan,
Answering your question here, on this post will make it hard to find by others. I moved your post to Hoster Help. Please continue here:

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?p=80386#post80386

Thanks

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 4th, 2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
am I The Only Idiot That Owns The Place?

lmfao!!!!
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:03 AM

I actually started accidently. I was singing karaoke in California at a show, when the KJ asked me if I wanted a part-time job filling in for him whenever he's on vacation. I thought, sure. Around the same time, another KJ asked me the same, and once again, I said sure. Between the two, I had pretty regular gigs going at a good rate of pay (especially since it wasn't my set-up). After I left Cali, I went to Colorado. Once again, at another show, the KJ asked if I wanted a job, and if I did, I should swing by the karaoke store and fill out an application. Once the owner found out I knew every song on DK's original 1-99, and more, she gave me the job. I've moved quite a bit since, but am now in Florida. I usually get asked at shows if I'm a KJ or would like to be one. That's how I usually fall into it. I don't find it - it finds me.

Although I enjoy karaoke, I DO NOT enjoy the drunken morons who come up on stage abusing the mic, taking their clothes off, spouting profanity, or SCREAM into the mic. (There are a lot of really STUPID people out there.) I personally like the audience seat better than the KJ seat. I give you full timers a lot of credit... I just don't like people enough.