MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old January 4th, 2003, 09:34 PM

Talking ////// Need Drivers Please //////////

I need drivers for my plextor PX-W4824A & PX-W4824U. I have tried the drivers for PX-W4012U and they dont work with PX-W4824A. I would like to enjoy my Microstudio soon, are there any ASPI drivers for my PX-W4824A I can download? Can you please give me a link to them.

Thank you
Drama63
plextor 48/24/48A
winxp pro and win2kpro
40G HDD,NVIDIA GFORCE4 MX440
ABIT, BE7 MB
Old January 4th, 2003, 10:24 PM

The drivers you want are included with Microstudio 2.400 or can be downloaded for prior versions. They are in the Microstudio forum.

Hope this helps.
Old January 5th, 2003, 10:42 AM

The drivers that you are referring to are actually not the ASPI drivers that will allow Microstudio to see this drive. What you must have is Microstudio 2.400 installed for this drive to be recognized, it is actually built into the Microstudio program. Please make sure that you have downloaded and installed 2.400. Then it will work.
Old January 18th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Solution?

Did MTUSUPPORT's recommendation solve your problem?
Old January 18th, 2003, 11:06 PM

SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM

My plextor 48x24x48A is now reading and copying my karaoke cd's, thank's to MTU's new version of Microstudio 2.400.....
Thank you MTU

( PS..one more happy customer )
plextor 48/24/48A
winxp pro and win2kpro
40G HDD,NVIDIA GFORCE4 MX440
ABIT, BE7 MB
Old January 25th, 2003, 01:36 PM

Question Creates poor video and distorted sound

My friend just purchased Ksuite-4 and a MTU Plextor 48 cd-r, since my system works very well.

I helped her install on a HP600mhz, 40gig, 384mb, Win 98, McAfee virus, etc.

It will import a track fine and play it from the HD fine.
When we burn a cd (either a cheap one or the Mitsui that came with Plexter) it plays on the Karaoke or the Microstudio, with distorted sound and extra pixels on with the lyrics.

We tried, both ASPI drivers, jitter control on/off, 1X burn speed, set the 4 cdr options, as per the install manual and still have made 4 bad cd's.

Any ideas what to try next? I hate to open 2 machines to try her Plextor in my PC
Old January 25th, 2003, 02:05 PM

Do you know what version of DirectX is installed on p.c? Microstudio requires 8.0 or better. To check, click start, run, and type DXDIAG in the box and click ok. Near the bottom of the first page it will say which version is installed. If not 8.0 or better, go to the Microsoft website and download the latest version available.
Hope this helps.

George
Old January 25th, 2003, 02:15 PM

Direct X 8 or better

Thanks George ,

I knew I forgot to list something. I already checked that and it displayed 8X or better. At least I'm glad I told her to buy the drive from MTU.

I have little to no trouble with my setup, but I am running XP Pro.

I am surprised that her machine reads the graphics and audio fine, as the play from HD shows, but it writes the new CD-R with both video glitches and distorted sound. If it were a memory chip problem, I would think the read from karaoke disk would be bad also. I don't the CDG was SC either, I think Platinum Hits.
Old January 25th, 2003, 02:43 PM

Let's make sure the settings for the drive are correct in the device manager.

Go to control panel
System
Device manager
Cdrom
Plextor drive(double click)
Settings
disconnect...on(checked)
Sync Data Transfer...on
Auto Insert Notification...off
DMA...on

Please forgive for this step by step approach if you already know how to make these settings..I have no way of knowing that, and am trying to save us bouncing back and forth too much, and get it up and running

Something else to look for that could cause problems in 98/98SE is to shut off any screen savers.

Control panel, display, screen savers, select none.

These are all things that need to be done whether we nailed the problem or not.

Take care,

George
Old January 25th, 2003, 03:26 PM

Wish that was it

I appreciate your reviewing the checklist George. I wish there was one of those steps that I missed. the 4 CDR settings in Cpanel, all set and screen saver off. Since MTU certified the drive, I hate to suspect it, but I guess I could break down and try it in my working system. Thank goodness blank CDR's don't cost $10.00 each, like they did when I first started playing with the stuff back in 96.
Old January 25th, 2003, 03:57 PM

Wonder if there could be a conflict, like with Adaptec or something ?

Here's a paste from another thread that was successful in helping solve writing problem in 98os with Microstudio 2.4

"Since you upgraded to 2.4 from the older Version of Microstudio did you install any new software? Such as Adaptec or Roxio EZ CD Creator? Also what version of Windows are you running? If you are running 98 or ME then you need to uninstall the EzCD Creator or at least make sure that you remove the DirectCD part. This can cause these types of problems under these OS's with writing."
Old January 25th, 2003, 10:39 PM

Lightbulb That might be it

Thanks George

I beleive we installed EZ CD Creator, so she could use that to backup her other data files. Didn't think about it because it never seemed to bother my XP install. I never did care for that DirectCD part, especially if you put in a CD-RW and it locked the eject door.

I'll try that with her system tomorrow and let you know if it works. It sure would be nice to solve it that easy.

Take care,
Joel
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:12 PM

Unhappy Still having trouble

I finally got Diane to try burning another CD with the EZ CD DirectCD program removed. No luck. The audio is still distorted and the Graphics has little glitches on the display. Surprised I have not gotten a reply back from MTU, either here or to the email I sent them. Usually they are pretty prompt.
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:58 PM

Rats! I thought that was an excellent posibility. I think perhaps support thought the same thing and was waiting to see the results.

Here's a post made by support in another thread which may help if there's a driver conflict.

"Here is how to find out what the actual MTU installed driver is:

Go to the Start Menu, Left click on Search, For Files and Folders. Type in the filename wnaspint.dll (for Windows 2000 and XP) or wnaspi9x.dll (for 98 or ME). Tell the Search to Look In the C:\ drive. Then click Search. These files should be found under the C:\Windows\System32 directory. Once the file shows up on the right hand side of the search window, Right Click on the filename, Left Click Properties, Left Click the Version Tab. Then left click the Product Version at the bottom Left hand side. This should then show V1.16 or higher. If it shows V 1.14 then, DELETE this file by pressing the Delete key, and then install the MTU drivers located at the link below. "

Here is the Link to the post about the ASPI Drivers: http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?threadid=493

George
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:41 PM

Question I thought 2.4 had it's own drivers

Thanks,

I'll check on that for her, but I thought the 2.4 release (this is a new install, but a somewhat cluttered Win98 machine), had it's own aspi drivers, which it installed as part of the setup.

I tried it with both the drivers in the "Drivers, ASPI" section of Microstudio, with a close and restart each time. I don't know if the MTU drives are tested for write and read, (I would guess so, it reads OK). Short of any other ideas, I may try her new drive in my computer and see what happens. I really don't know the probability of a new drive that can read OK and not write properly. That seems like a long shot, but I am running out of things to try, short of a reinstall of Win98, (and I didn't sign up for that deal).

Take care,
Joel
Old February 4th, 2003, 11:08 AM

Are you still having the problems?
Old February 4th, 2003, 11:19 AM

Unhappy Still distorted and have spotted graphics

Yes,

I am not sure what to try next, at this point. If you think I should try her Plextor drive in my computer, At least that would rule out the CD writer.

I have not experienced this type of item before, as my Microstudio is under XP, with a Plextor and works fine. (Except for that annoying beep at the end of each import, I thought 2.4 would let you turn that off?). Sorry to digress.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Joel
Old February 4th, 2003, 03:45 PM

Joel,
Sorry we didn't get the beep turned off. I will make a note of this again for the future next release.

I would say to try it in your computer if you can to see if it works, if not then I would say that it is the drive that has a problem.
Old February 19th, 2003, 02:56 PM

Angry Bad Plextor CD Writer

Unfortunately, We have a bad Plextor drive. I brought mine over to Diane's Computer and it works fine.

I'll have her contact MTU for a swap out of the drive.
Old February 20th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Red face Shock!!!!!

With the testing we do, I am very surprised the drive is bad. However, I am not questioning your tests here!!!

We have seen rare instances where a drive we test and ship gets damaged in shipment. We will carefully inspect this when it is returned to us. Have her return it ASAP as we have a 30-day DOA (Dead On Arrival) replacment policy with our distributor.

Thank you so very much for helping your friend. Please express our sorrow for the grief this drive put her through, and tell her it was tested and damaged in shipment.