MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 7th, 2010, 12:08 AM

Music plays at ultra fast speed

Have just purchased KHPro latest version today and like anyone with a brand new toy, tried it out immediately. Except for a couple of "learning the ropes" errors, I've managed to complete my first song extremely well, however since then, I've tried to create a further three songs but always with the same result.

The music tracks I am using were intially mp3 tracks which I've changed to the wav. format using "Switch". All good until I download the music track into KHPro and when I play the music track to synchronise with the lyrics, the music plays at break neck speed. In other words, it's as if the chipmunks are going to sing the song and they're on steroids.

Can anyone tell me why this has happend and how I can rectify the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Old March 7th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Music plays at ultra fast speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Te Kani View Post
Have just purchased KHPro latest version today and like anyone with a brand new toy, tried it out immediately. Except for a couple of "learning the ropes" errors, I've managed to complete my first song extremely well, however since then, I've tried to create a further three songs but always with the same result.

The music tracks I am using were intially mp3 tracks which I've changed to the wav. format using "Switch". All good until I download the music track into KHPro and when I play the music track to synchronise with the lyrics, the music plays at break neck speed. In other words, it's as if the chipmunks are going to sing the song and they're on steroids.

Can anyone tell me why this has happend and how I can rectify the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Since you used another company's software to convert it to WAV then there really is no way for us to tell you what is causing the problem. Something in the conversion could be setting the speed, because there is no way to adjust it in KHPro.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:31 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Since you used another company's software to convert it to WAV then there really is no way for us to tell you what is causing the problem. Something in the conversion could be setting the speed, because there is no way to adjust it in KHPro.

This HAS happened to me before when using audacity audio editor. It played fast in WMP player too. Never could understand why?

Old March 7th, 2010, 07:53 PM

A simple change of file converter solved the problem. Should have tried that first. Thanks for your input
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM

A siimple way to diagnose this problem is to go to the audio file, right click on it and open PROPERTIES, then SUMMARY.

Everything should read:

Bit Rate 1411kbps

AUDIO SAMPLE SIZE 16 BIT

Channels 2 stereo

AUDIO SAMPLE RATE 44 KHZ

Audio Format pcm

The two I bolded all in caps are the two critical ones. If they are not 16 bit and 44khz an audio format conversion is needed.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:44 PM

Thanks George. Done that and changed download options in Switch and voila! Perfect sound! Once again thanks for your input.
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:07 AM

I had experienced the same problem with some files converted from mp3 to wav in Magix Music Maker. I finally narrowed it down to those I was converting to monaural at the same time. As long as I leave them in stereo, there seems to be no problem.