MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 15th, 2005, 10:41 PM

Skeptical to buy Vogone

I can't find a trial version of this anywhere. Basically, I want this program so I can do a cover album of some Cream and Eric Clapton songs. I want to know if Vogone can remove his vocals and lead guitar. However, I don't want to pay 55 dollars to find this out. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
Old February 16th, 2005, 08:22 AM

Re: Skeptical to buy Vogone

Vogone is most effective when the singer has been recorded center panned, and not too much Echo or Reverb added on seperate tracks at the studio.

Taking out both the singer and the lead guitar may be a bit tricky, and may require processing the track twice, but once again relying on center panning at the studio, which may be doubtful if the guitar was fed through an amp and recorded on a different track from the vocal.

I don't think anyone can give you a definative answer. Too many variables, including the operator's expertise. I'd guess you're going to have to spend the $55.00 to find out for certain.

This is, of course one man's opinion. I'm sure there will be others.

If there's a possibility you may want to start copying cd's, burn your own discs, change keys, make your own Karaoke discs, etc., you might want to take a close look at the Karaoke Suite 4 which includes Vogone. It beats the individual pricing by a darn sight. I mention that only because Vogone's price is well over a third of the entire Karaoke Suite 4 discounted price, and I felt you should be aware of that.

George

Last edited by George; February 16th, 2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Lightbulb Re: Skeptical to buy Vogone

Removing vocals is at best, hit and miss. Sometimes it works pretty good and others not well at all. Just depends on the way a song was recorded as George stated. If you're wanting more than vocals removed, that is going to be even more hit and miss.

I would suggest trying to find the tracks you want in midi format. There are alot of options there and some midi sites offer custom songs for an affordable price. One such site is www.midi-hits.com

Hope this helps,
Wally
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:07 AM

Krash,

What Clapton/Cream songs are you looking for? I might have some of them done myself using non-Vogone approach. Many of them are already in CD+G already, fyi.

I am a big Clapton/Cream/Derek & Dominos fan too.
Old March 31st, 2005, 04:24 PM

Hey newb, you wanna talk via email or AIM or something more conveniant? troy3977@bellsouth.net or Troy3977 on AIM. Hit me up bro.

Happy 60th to clapton on 03\30 :o