MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Testimonials

Microstudio Testimonials Do you like Microstudio?

Old February 5th, 2001, 09:24 AM

I have replied to your request 2 times and have still not gotten and y answer from you on getting new codes to re-install the studio. Do you just forget the custemers that have purchased your programs. When I bought the first program I never had any complaints (Disc-Architect). But this new program is a nightmare. And your so called support service is just as bad. You told me to send you my info I did it immediately, and when I did not get an answer I did it again on Jan 27,2001.

02-07-01 - Admin transfer of second Thread to this one:
cjhunt "Just to set the record straight,the free offer is not what I was interested in. I was very happy with Disc Architect, and if it had not been for the 120 day trial shut down [in Microeditor V1.0] I would still be using that program. I never had a bit of problem with that program, and many people asked my opinion of it. I told them where they could get it and told them I thought your company was great. thank for your response to my email, and if you did not get the other Email I appologize for anything negative that I said."
Old February 5th, 2001, 03:03 PM

Red face

I would like to point out the support at MTU is brilliant compared to a lot of stupid automatic form filling rubbish you see on other site. Then you get a patronising e-mail back saying We will be in touch 6 months later. Ease up on these guys.
Old February 5th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Administrator

cjhunt, we only received your January 27th email.

You now have your Serial Number for the free upgrade to Microstudio V2.103.

Brian Coor is a realist software client who has dealt with many companies customer suport. I can say this because he DOES recognize the superior nature of MTU's support. We do a very good job of support in today's market, and we do it for free.

So why did we not get you the Serial Number as fast as you demanded? During this past January, we experienced the following abnormal conditions:

1. KHPro was ripped and placed on a crack site. It took heroic efforts to get it removed.

2. We had to upgrade the security on ALL our unique products to keep them from being ripped again. That required many man-weeks of time.

3. Almost 3 out of 4 requests for Serial Numbers are bogus from those who want a free copy of what they did not buy. This forces us to review each and every one carefully.

4. Our entire staff was down with the flu, bronchitis, sinusitis and other ills during January. Like every other company with sickemployees, we got behind.

5. Our website email IP addresses were changed somehow and we did not receive our emails for over a week. Our host iServer/Vero corp - the largest hosting company in the world - still has no explanation for this.

6. Even though we use an Anti-Virus program, a worm virus penetrated our defenses and damaged 4 of our office computers. MTUSUPPORT is our technical expert. I removed him from the phones for several days so he could concentrate on solving this problem, which he did.

7. We are upgrading our internal NT server so our tele-commuting programmers can work with fewer delays. We contracted with an external consultant weeks ago to do this. We had to continue on "his schedule" or postpone for another month until he was open again. MTUSUPPORT is actively involved with this task. At February 5th, we now realize the contractor cannot fulfill the task and we are shifting directions.

8. I contracted with a company who was HIGHLY recommended by VeriSign (the Internet security experts) to install their e-Commerce software and link with VeriSign/Signio as our credit card gateway. We were to be on-line by November 24, 2000. They added a self-imposed 15% penalty if we were not operational by December 1. After waving their failure and granting them an extension, clients finally started charging credit cards on December 15th. However, the site is still not downloading our secured software products and automatically generating the Serial Numbers for approved clients. Thus we spend lots of time on each order manually generating the Serial Number, documenting the client in our database, preparing the email and making sure it goes to the right person. On January 5th, they severely damaged our site. We spent days tracking down the multiple charges that occurred with EVERY ORDER. Then, we discovered that Signio (they acknowledge but can't explain how) was erroneously crediting our bank account back to clients... one for $1,800! We immediately solved each problem, in most cases before the client knew it even happened.

9. My home ADSL Internet line went down for over 2 weeks. I do 90% of my Forum and email support from home. Bellsouth was out three times, the last on January 29th. Thus, I could not work at night.

10. MTUSUPPORT answered 300 emails one day in the last week of January. Many were problems with our Microstudio Demo because the users did not have the correct ASPI driver on their computer. We solved these problems for free. The others were free Serial Number requests like yours.

I think you get the idea we are not in "normal" times. As a result, our suport was less than our normal quality for the last several weeks.
Old February 5th, 2001, 08:20 PM

Talking Second Brian's response

Like many others I have received considerably support from MTU. I do not believe things are perfect, but believe me they are much better than any other software company I have dealt with!.

My only regret is that the adminsitrator had to use his valuable time writting the long reply.

Keep up the good work,

BANDL
Old February 5th, 2001, 09:16 PM

Thumbs up Uninformed=Unaware

I would just like to apologize for the complaints I made about the delays in receiving the serial nos. for the upgrades. While I completely understand about the problems MTU has been experiencing,I was totally unaware of any of them. Because of the crappy tech support I get from other sites, I just assumed someone was goofing off. I really feel bad for all the problems you have had and I hope you recover well. I have one suggestion for the future. If someone would post a note in the forums informing us of the reasons for delays, most probably noone would complain at all. I do agree with other users who are happy with your tech support. You guys really take care of business when you are able. No complaints from me.

Good luck and prosperity,
Chris
Old March 6th, 2001, 09:57 PM

Talking Happy with MTU

do not complain mtu they are doing ewerything they can to help us with all kind of problems doug and all you other guys (girls)?keep up the good work you all are doing!!!!

let us users bang our heads in ground to salut you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 7th, 2001, 05:23 AM

Kudos to MTU

To the admin staff and all interested:

From the get-go, MTU has provided some of the best support, both on the phone and email, with VERY precise instructions that ANYONE should be able to understand. Hopefully, everyone can understand their difficulty in pleasing all potential customers.
They've given us the world with their products at a VERY reasonable price, yet we (the customers) continue to hound them for more "features". I have yet to see anyone offer to pay for the upgrades and features. When will it end? Pay the $12 grand for the Pro version and be happy or just be satisfied with the product given at the set price.

Again, kudos to MTU. In my experience, it's been smooth sailing through every version of Vogone, Microstudio and Karaoke Home Producer. It's plain to see that MTU has gone the extra steps to prove their software and made a great version available to the public.

To everyone: please use caution with this software. I personally own a successful karaoke business and have already begun feeling the impact of pirating, with more people bring their own "home made" discs to my show. To prove my point, I turn them away.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Cid
Old March 7th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Thanks CJHunt, Chris... and all you wonderful clients!

CJHunt, Chris, and everyone else... you had every right to complain. We were NOT providing our normal support and you did not have a Good Internet Experience. We had to get through all the problems that happened all of a sudden.

CJHunt I apologize for the way I initially responded to you. I should not have been insulting in my response. I hope you will forgive me.

Don't you dare stop letting us know when we mess up! You keep us on our toes! Your passion for excellence is behind your complaint. I want to encourage you to continue... but maybe with a little less flame. Things are not always as they appear! Correcting us in a loving way is always appreciated.

Cid-Cat, it's OK to "ask" for new features. That's how we improve our products to meet your needs. However, we have to balance development expense payback, product price, and ease of use for ALL our clients, not just for you power-users. Thus, some features won't appear, but please don't stop asking for them!

For those who are frustrated by the "technology" of our products (they do have to be installed in a PC beast), you must have more patience. Demanding that we magically make your computer run our software won't get you running. We do everything we can to help, but we must have technical info about your computer to be able to help. If you cannot or will not give us the technical data we ask for, there is nothing we can do to help.

Thanks for your patience and your confidence in us. We truly appreciate each and every one of you!
Old March 21st, 2001, 04:11 AM

Thumbs up new customer

I am a new customer to MTU and 2 days ago installed Microstudio on a new PC. I must agree with the positive things said of the support from MTU. With all the run around I have gotten from the PC vendor and Microsoft, the guys at MTU have been very helpful and courteous (a dying art). Thier attitude makes me confident of my purchase of Microstudio. Thanks
Old January 3rd, 2002, 02:42 AM
Frequent Member

I will echo the responses of the other clients. I lost my copy of Home Producer due to a computer crash and they responded faster than most tech people I have dealt with. Their fast response got me to buy Microstudio today and I'm already happy I made that choice as I placed one of the new Media clog discs in my computer and low and behold it played. I haven't tried copying it yet but if that works also I know I'll never go back to CDRWIN.
Old September 17th, 2002, 11:04 PM

Thumbs up

I would like to say that I am a new user (about a month) I have successfully backed up about 250 songs so far. Did have one small problem. Which was resolved in about 3 days.

I can't believe people complain about the support that is provided. Between other users in the forum and the tech support I received, I had an easy fix.

Hate to admit it, but the problem was not with the program, It was me!!!

So I would like to thank Bryan and everyone who gave me suggestions. This is a great product. I was darn impressed when the copy fixed all the graphic errors on the original. I couldn't be more pleased.

Thanks for all the help and a great product
Old December 28th, 2002, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Corr
I would like to point out the support at MTU is brilliant compared to a lot of stupid automatic form filling rubbish you see on other site. Then you get a patronising e-mail back saying We will be in touch 6 months later. Ease up on these guys.
Old December 28th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Frequent Member

Admin

You forgot....

11. The Ice Storm that Raleigh, NC got hit with and about 90% of the City was without power for several days, including MTU.

With all due respect, MTU has the very best product support in this day and age, and it's "Free". You don't get that with very many software programs today.

MTU'S FORUM, broken up by products is EXCELLENT........
You have many satisfied customers, who take THEIR VALUABLE TIME TO ANSWER AND HELP NEW USERS OF MTU'S PROGRAMS, BECAUSE "THEY" ARE SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT and WANT NEW USERS TO HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.

For those users who have download MTU products and NOT MADE A HARD DISC COPY......SHAME.

WHEN I PURCHASE SOFTWARE ON THE INTERNET WITH THE UNLOCK CODES THE VERY FIRST THING I DO IS PUT THE PROGRAM, UNLOCK CODES IN A FOLDER AND BURN A HARD COPY TO A CD-R FOR BACKUP. I ALSO STORE THE FOLDER ON ANOTHER HARDDRIVE (MY BACK UP DRIVE). ALTHOUGH MTU MAY REPLACE A PROGRAM YOU HAVE PURCHASED AND HAVE NOT MADE A BACK UP OF, I SEE NO OBLIGATION ON THEIR PART TO DO SO.

Just my 2 cents worth.
kjzone
Old December 28th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kjzone
Admin

You forgot....

11. The Ice Storm that Raleigh, NC got hit with and about 90% of the City was without power for several days, including MTU.

With all due respect, MTU has the very best product support in this day and age, and it's "Free". You don't get that with very many software programs today.

MTU'S FORUM, broken up by products is EXCELLENT........
You have many satisfied customers, who take THEIR VALUABLE TIME TO ANSWER AND HELP NEW USERS OF MTU'S PROGRAMS, BECAUSE "THEY" ARE SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT and WANT NEW USERS TO HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.

For those users who have download MTU products and NOT MADE A HARD DISC COPY......SHAME.

WHEN I PURCHASE SOFTWARE ON THE INTERNET WITH THE UNLOCK CODES THE VERY FIRST THING I DO IS PUT THE PROGRAM, UNLOCK CODES IN A FOLDER AND BURN A HARD COPY TO A CD-R FOR BACKUP. I ALSO STORE THE FOLDER ON ANOTHER HARDDRIVE (MY BACK UP DRIVE). ALTHOUGH MTU MAY REPLACE A PROGRAM YOU HAVE PURCHASED AND HAVE NOT MADE A BACK UP OF, I SEE NO OBLIGATION ON THEIR PART TO DO SO.

Just my 2 cents worth.
kjzone
Having been there I agree whole heartedly with KJZONE on this.
every download I have gotten from MTU since about a year ago I have burnt onto cd-r so I would have a copy should the event of having to reload my computer come up- which it just did about five days ago. Thank goodness I had the forsight to make a backup copy of it. I wasn't so lucky the last time and MTUSUPPORT really came through for me with Home Producer which at the time was the only MTU program I owned.