MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 14th, 2005, 10:04 AM

Removing Lead Instrument

Hi, All

Since I have repeatedly fail to reduce vocal from songs I have given up any hope. I intent to remove lead instrument like "piano" from songs is this possible have not tried yet. Have anyone any suggestion. Is there any better software that I can minimise lead instrutment from songs. Appreciate the help.

Pam
Old August 14th, 2005, 05:24 PM

Removing a lead instrument can be every bit as rewarding, or disappointing as removing a lead vocal.

Keep in mind the same rules apply. Results still depend on whether or not the original track being removed is a stereo, center panned track.

Therefore, older mono recordings that have been remastered for stereo effect are probably not good candidates as they more than likely show no difference.

I've experienced the same results with instruments I get with vocals. Anywhere from 100% removal to none at all. Been awhile since I've done any of either, but I doubt that's changed any.

One advantage to an instrument that will not fully remove is that it fades into the background just like a reduced vocal will, but does not become a competitive "ghost" singing along with you. The reduced instrument blends in with the other instruments.

Hope this doesn't deter you, just being honest based on what I've experienced.

George