MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 9th, 2001, 11:03 PM

Question

Can someone please tell me which drive will definately play cdg's? I don't care about writing them, I just want to play. I would like ide version of drive if possible, but scsi would be ok. I have tried to look up the plextor... & other play only drives listed by mtu. Nowhere sell them. Please offer suggestion and where to buy the drive. Thank you Keith
Old April 6th, 2001, 01:03 PM

Smile Confused

Luigi, try going to hitsquad.com. They have alot of different topics they cover there. Re: Plextor, MTU sells them, but I'm only trying to burn CDG's with it. I've never tried to play CDG's on my PC. Most of us that are into this have other players for that. You can buy portable Karaoke players that have a cable that plugs into your TV set. Get a mic and it's almost like going to a Club to sing, and you're not stuck to your PC. Most music stores carry them, even WalMart sells them. JVC makes a nice 3 disc unit that can install w/your stereo system. Get a Big Screen TV, and it's better than going to a Club. I bought my Plextor from a computer store, but try getting support. This seems to be "rocket science" that few people know anything about. Best of luck.
Country Girl
Old April 9th, 2001, 05:05 AM

Check out this web page on mtu's website for compatiblity
http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaokecdr.htm

Cheers Chris
Old December 4th, 2001, 08:27 AM

I have been searching for about 3 years for a drive that will play CDG on my computer. I still have not found any combination of drive or software that will play CDG on the computer. I know that one of the replys mentioned just buy a dedicated karaoke machine, but that answer doesn't work for me. I have a hard time justifying a dedicated machine because it can only be used for its purpose. However, a new drive on my computer can be used for the computer too (not just CDG).

So I again ask the question: I don't care about writing CDG, I only want to play CDG on my computer. Is that possible? If the reply is yes, what drive did you use and what software was able to read it?

Thanks