MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 4th, 2004, 11:34 AM

Please may I get Vogone?

Hi. I am living in India but working for the British Government. I have a UK postal address. I have tried to order Vogone but the initial details screen is not accepted as I have to enter "Outside US" for my location. I am sure that I am missing something simple but how do I actually order Vogone if I am outside of the US? I am in urgent need of this software very soon and would really appreciate any help any of you might be able to offer.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:49 AM

Re: Please may I get Vogone?

Are you trying to order it on cd? Try internet download purchase and see if that makes a difference. MTU has quite a few world wide customers.

George
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:31 PM

Thanks George,

All sorted now. It turns out that I was just reading the first screen wrong. I never know what to enter for State/Province as we don't have either in the UK. I just entered London twice and the rest was easy. I'll look more closely next time. I've been keeping some pretty weird hours over here though just to keep up with the election over there so I'm a bit wiped out. Thanks again.

Jim
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Hi Jim,

Glad you got it sorted out. You might want to take a minute or so and back up the download file, and your download link and installation code to a cd, for safe keeping in case of a pc crash.

Take care,

George
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:46 PM

It's turning into another late night. I am beginning to realise how out of my depth I am in the world of modern audio media. Having got Vogone up and running, I now can't seem to create .wav files. Windows Media Player only seems to give me the option of saving from original CDs as a dedicated Windows Media Player or an MP3 at best. I do also have Quick Time and Real Player on my PC. Any ideas how I can create .wav files from my original CDs with my existing setup or do I need to invest in more software?

Jim (now known as hopeful of New Delhi).

Time for bed...
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:11 PM

Jim,

I use Microstudio for importing cd audio tracks to the hard drive. It will save as .wav.

I know little of Windows Media Player beyond simply playing audio tracks. Beyond that I have no personal use for it, and have never explored it's bells and whistles, so I really can't answer your dilemna.

I'm sure someone will jump in and either confirm that you need Microstudio, or tell you how to do it with what you have.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

George
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:06 AM

Musicmatch can create .wav files if you have that on your computer.
Old November 11th, 2004, 01:15 PM

Hello Jim.
All the advice about Microstudio is correct but also try www.audiotoolsdirect.com.
A good place that lists all sorts of Audio programmesfrom all sorts of suppliers including MTU.
They show lots of CD ripping programmes, which rip directly to wav.
Most are shareware but some give free trial downloads, so you can determine whether the programme is any good for what you want.
I too spend some time watching the Presidential Election, but I'm a night owl anyway.
Regards from the Home country.
Garry