MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 1st, 2003, 05:18 PM

Angry ERROR: system error #1 *frustrated*

I've been messing with this Kpro for over a month now and it STILL won't work. I'm getting a little tired of fooling with it. I had to go out and by a stupid ethernet adapter that I'll probably never even use, just so I could get my serial number. On a further note, I had to buy 2 different ethernet adaptors before I found one that would even work right. What's up with that? This is just ridiculous.

Okay so I finally got my serial number. Tried to install kpro. Everything seemed to be fine. I should have known I'd have to come back in here yet again. I'm not a bit surprised. I did everything. Uninstall, reinstall, copy/paste, over and over and over but STILL nothing. "System error #1. Contact MTU"

How can I get this program to work????

Just so that you all know, MTU's phone system is horrible. It's almost impossible to get through because the operator is either away or busy. You have to leave a message. They say they'll call you back but never do.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:38 AM
Frequent Member

Shade........

1. KHPro requires an Ethernet Card (PCI or USB) to be installed in your system.
2. Each Ethernet has a unique identification number that no other Ethernet card in the world has.
3. Because of this unique number (known as the "macid" number) MTU has chosen to link this unique number to an "Un-Lock Serial Number" for your version of the KHPro Program.
4. MTU sends you a small program that will identify the macid number and then by a mouse click is sent to them and then they will send you an Unlock Serial Number "Unique" and will only work with that particular MacID Number.
5. I appears you purchased two (2) Ethernet Cards........
6. If you got an un-lock Serial Number linked to an Ethernet Card you replaced, the macid will be different on any new Ethernet installed and will not work.
7. This could be why you are getting a System #1 Error.

8. If this is the case........suggest you contact MTU by their E-Mail Link to see how they can resolve this matter.
9. I have never had to contact MTU via Telephone.....
10. I have always had my e-mails returned in a timely manor by MTU......by timely......I mean usually within 24 hours. I don't expect a response within minutes or hours......
Old April 2nd, 2003, 03:24 PM
Administrator

General comments

I am very sorry you have had a bad experience with installing KPro.

We had to respond to over 1,000 free upgrades for KPro, including yours. I am the one who decided to make this a free upgrade, and I regret it. Never again... no more free upgrades!

Every software product today that is worth anything to the developers is protected because of the INSTANT theft that occurs on the Internet. KJZone is correct, we chose to use the MACID in your Network card or port, instead of a plug-in dongle that would require us to ship the product instead of offer free internet download. Out of the 1,000+ who got the upgrade, very few did not have a network card or port. We chose a valid direction, even though you were in that small group that is having problems. Thus, we will help you solve your problem.

If you go to our web site and click the Support link, or read the email with the download instructions to get your free KPro, you will see we are very clear that our Forums are the first line of support. If you had pushed extension 204 for support, you would have heard a message that we do NOT return support calls. That is our support policy, stated clearly everywhere.

Now, you will get an answer in the Forums when you give us the information needed, which will have to be diagnosed to solve your unique problem. From what you say so far, it does appear that you ran the MTUID.exe program and selected your prior network card. Thus, the serial number will only work when that card is installed in your computer. There is a very remote chance that the MACID code you sent to our web site may have generated a bad Serial Number... that would be a bug in the code generator.

If you have switched your Network cards after you sent us the MACID, then you need to email dougd@mtu.com with the MACID from your current card that is installed in your computer. We will send you a new Serial Number.

I am truly sorry you have had problems. I also absolutely hate that MTU is forced to waste so much of our and your time with this security protection. We used to be able to trust people, but that is not the case any more. It is a fact of life that we all must get use to. I can report we have just spent over $10,000 to upgrade our security codes and installation software to make this process much easier for KPro 4.1. However, you still need a network card.

If you can post back here if you swapped network cards, then we will know that was the problem and be looking for you new MACID code.

When you get the new code, you must uninstall your existing KPro and reinstall it with the new Serial Number and the new Network card installed.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:11 PM

Question Still working on it...

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my Kpro.

My usb adapter is installed onto my computer (the second one), but I went into my network connection settings and disabled the ethernet connections, since I wouldn't be using a highspeed internet service or local network. I don't know if that would have anything to do with the malfuntion or not.

The first usb adapter I bought, I had trouble with. For some reason, I couldn't get my computer to even recognize the new hardware and it was a mess so I uninstalled it and bought a different one (LINKSYS). The serial number that was generated and sent in to MTU, was from the second usb adapter, so having 2 adapters may not be the problem.

Also, I have 2 users set up on this computer. I doubt that would have anything to do with the installation, but just in case, I thought I would mention it.

Thank you for all your support. With help, I may get this thing up and running eventually.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 10:21 PM
Frequent Member

Re: Still working on it...

Shade.......quote
"My usb adapter is installed onto my computer (the second one), but I went into my network connection settings and disabled the ethernet connections, since I wouldn't be using a highspeed internet service or local network. I don't know if that would have anything to do with the malfuntion or not."

Shade.......If your USB Adapter is installed, but you Disabled the Network Connections........the KHPro program doesn't have access to the macid number to link with the serial number to open the program.

You must re-install what you disabled.

The USB Adapter has nothing to do with highspeed internet service in this instance.
Old April 4th, 2003, 01:58 AM

Exclamation I'll try it out

Thanks for helping me out with this. I wasn't sure if my disabling the network would affect anything or not. First thing in the morning, I'll be sure to enable the local network and reinstall the usb adapter if I need to.

Only thing I don't like about having the networks enabled, is I get those extra icons down there in the lower left hand corner of the taskbar and goodness, all those icons look messy.

I'll get back in the forum tomorrow evening and post as to whether or not this corrected the problem. Thanks for helping.
Old April 5th, 2003, 08:56 PM

Thumbs down Still won't work

I enabled my Local Area Connection and installed Kpro again, but it still won't run. I'm getting the same error. System error #1. I can't figure it out. I'm about ready to start holaring for a full refund, because this program just won't work.
Old April 6th, 2003, 03:33 AM

Shade,

The program works! It does!
It’s evident that you are having problems installing Kpro and the problems has to do with your Ethernet card not being recognized.

If your Ethernet card is connected and functioning properly AND you have the correct serial number, then there is no reason as to why you cannot install Kpro.

Please make you follow the directions, given to on the MTU's email Further, you don’t tell us anything about your system configuration so we can try to find out where the problem may lie.

Follow the instruction in the following link and post it back here. I am sure you can help you solve your current problems.

http:// http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322

Good luck,

Jon
Old April 6th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Frequent Member

Shade.......

I agree with jaddams the problem is not related to KHP, but your
computer system.

What YOU to do this.

1. Click on My Computer
2. Click on Control Panel
3. Click on Network
4. There should be a "Configuration Tab"

5. POST BACK TO HERE the Exact text of each and every line of text entry.

6. An Example of what might be in there is:

Client for Microsoft Network
Microsoft Family Logon
Dial-Up Adapter
TCP/IP
Old April 7th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Start over again...

Shades, after all you have gone through I think the best thing is to start over with installing KPro.

1. Run the KProID.exe program again (see your Download link email from the mtu.com store). If you cannot see your ethernet card in this programs' screen, your card is not enabled. I expect that is the problem. If so, reinstall the card and drivers. KProID.exe will find and display it when it is working.

2. Email your KPro MACID (for the card you want to run KPro with) to dougd@mtu.com and explain that your first USB card did not work.

3. We will generate a new Serial Number for you and email it to you.

4. UNINSTALL KPRO from Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs.

5. Reinstall KPro and use the new Serial Number.

This should solve your problem and the System Error #1 message will not appear if it is solved.