MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 3rd, 2002, 03:49 AM

Karaoke Disks Play in WINAMP & MEDIA PLAYER?

Okay, another question. When I put an original karaoke CD in any of my CD Roms/burners Winamp and Media player will detect and play them. However, when I take an original and back it up with microstudio, if I try and play the backed up copy with either Winamp or Mediaplayer, they won't play or recongnize the format but the disk will still play on my karaoke players. Does this mean if you backup a karaoke CD with microstudio that it will no longer play in a regular Non-karaoke graphic player? I notice it also won't play on my regular CD player that I keep in beside my bed and I've never had any problem with it not playing burned CD's. Could this be a problem with needing updated drivers?
Old December 3rd, 2002, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Question What media...

What blank CDR media are you using?

Are you using CDRW media?

We await your answers.
Old December 3rd, 2002, 08:22 AM

I would have updated the ASPI drivers before even trying to backup anything, period.

Jim
Old December 3rd, 2002, 08:46 AM

Mustang93,

Took a Microstudio produced CDG back up and played it on both CDR/RW drives and also on my non-karaoke stereo system using a Sony 400 player, and then also on my Philips home style burner, which does not recognize cdg.. Played audio as it should in all instances.

George
Old December 3rd, 2002, 11:03 AM

I am using Verbatim CDR datalifeplus which can copy up to 48X but I never burn that high. I burn around 10X. I did try them in a couple of other burners and the played fine. The one in my car and my wife's car for instance. I guess maybe the fact that they wouldn't play on Winamp or Mediaplayer is because my drivers need to be updated maybe. I saw that Bryan from MTU had a link to a site where I could get the ASPI drivers to make microstudio work better. I think I'll try that and see if it helps.