MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM

Angry Microstudio Won`t Work???

I Bought New Microstudio And Your Burner In Dec. And Still Have Same Problems. Won`t Play Cdgs. I Have Tried Everthing You Suggested With No Change. Demo Version Works Fine, Burner Works Fine. Please Advise?????jim Hanna
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

It really is hard to figure out if all you post is that there is a problem with no details.

Last edited by ddouglass; August 13th, 2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old August 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM

Angry Microstudio

Read Previous Post From Me And Your Reply. I Have 20 Post On Three Differant Tickets. Jim Hanna
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think it productive for me to chase down posts from three different threads to try to catch up with where you are on this. If you had just posted to the main one you started before with this, then it would all be in one together.
Old August 13th, 2008, 08:43 PM

Prev. Post

Please Refer To Ticket 5920-1119121903
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I can't do that. I among many others in here who try to offer help are not MTU employees so do not have access to that information. That does not mean that we are not capable and experienced enough to provide that support. If the last suggestion MTU made on that ticket didn't work then you should reply back to them from that email to continue that support ticket.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:29 AM

new micro studio will not work

I have spent the last week trying to get the new version of micro studio upgrade to work and it seems impossible to me. I have read and did all the things that others say to do and nothing works. Wish I had the old version back it did at least work. I do have it so it will read the cdgs now but will not write them I keep getting messages that say....write error occured, please check your media and try again.....the following error occured---- write error
.....disc duplication error user abort......
I wanted to upgrade hoster, but with these kind of problems it would put me out of business, Im scared to deal with this any more, if I loose any more function Im out of business, and you cant call for help they will not answer or return your calls. Im at the point of buying a plane ticket for me and my puter and walk in your office and pay you guys anything you want to help me get this going, I dont know what to do here.
Can someone help me, this is my only income and you guys have me shut down because I wanted to be better.
kowboys karaoke
Dan matney
kowboyway@usa.net
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Angry micrstudio won`t work

welcome to the club, I have same prob. I have been trying to get it to work since Dec. I bet I have spent 50 hours on it. custom update and load all updates in English does not change anything. I even bought burner from MTU in hopes it would solve problem. No such luck. GOOD LUCK. I WILL BE WATCHING FOR YOUR POST. JIM HANNA
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM

micro studio will not work

Well if you have only spent 50 hours since dec. you are one lucky man I have been here for a week every spare min. I have and cant get anything to change, dont know why they dont let us know what to do or at least tell us, ha hahah we screwed you guys, at least I could go somewhere else. I love the prograqm that I had and love the hoster program I using in my shows and when you up grade nothing works whats the problem, still looking for someone to help me looks like that is the only help they have, people who have had problems and found a way to fix it, Im not really puter smart but have managed to get by on most things but even my puter engineer son cant help me with this one, come on guys cant you hear us?
kowboys karaoke
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan matney View Post
Well if you have only spent 50 hours since dec. you are one lucky man I have been here for a week every spare min. I have and cant get anything to change, dont know why they dont let us know what to do or at least tell us, ha hahah we screwed you guys, at least I could go somewhere else. I love the prograqm that I had and love the hoster program I using in my shows and when you up grade nothing works whats the problem, still looking for someone to help me looks like that is the only help they have, people who have had problems and found a way to fix it, Im not really puter smart but have managed to get by on most things but even my puter engineer son cant help me with this one, come on guys cant you hear us?
kowboys karaoke
They hear you guys. Right now Hoster 4 is demanding all of their time. They released a Microstidio beta a few weeks ago (I didn't have time to test it) so they are probobly addressing these issues, if they are Microstudio's fault. Please be paitent.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have spent the last week trying to get the new version of micro studio upgrade to work and it seems impossible to me. I have read and did all the things that others say to do and nothing works. Wish I had the old version back it did at least work. I do have it so it will read the cdgs now but will not write them I keep getting messages that say....write error occured, please check your media and try again.....the following error occured---- write error
.....disc duplication error user abort......
I wanted to upgrade hoster, but with these kind of problems it would put me out of business, Im scared to deal with this any more, if I loose any more function Im out of business, and you cant call for help they will not answer or return your calls. Im at the point of buying a plane ticket for me and my puter and walk in your office and pay you guys anything you want to help me get this going, I dont know what to do here.
Can someone help me, this is my only income and you guys have me shut down because I wanted to be better.
kowboys karaoke
Dan matney
kowboyway@usa.net
Dan do you have another CD drive to try? It could be the drive has decided at this moment to malfunction. I just had one ldo this to me last night. I imported one disc of a set into Hoster. Went to the next and all of a sudden drive would not read it. Tried several discs including the one that worked just minutes before but no read. Swapped it out with another drive and all is well.
Try a different drive and see if it will write. Also check your medium (blank discs). Not all discs work for music and even some of those can be bad. The read/write portion of Microstudio has not changed since version 4 was released. So if it worked in 4.005 then it should have worked in 4.006.
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Dan do you have another CD drive to try? It could be the drive has decided at this moment to malfunction. I just had one ldo this to me last night. I imported one disc of a set into Hoster. Went to the next and all of a sudden drive would not read it. Tried several discs including the one that worked just minutes before but no read. Swapped it out with another drive and all is well.
Try a different drive and see if it will write. Also check your medium (blank discs). Not all discs work for music and even some of those can be bad. The read/write portion of Microstudio has not changed since version 4 was released. So if it worked in 4.005 then it should have worked in 4.006.
Well, I guess Im a long timer her, I had version 2.517, thisis my first upgrade since buying the software years ago, it worked so I could not see upgrading if I liked what I was doing, but decided I should upgrade to be able to burn from my kma files and that, and ahve been shut down ever since. Im really really trying to be paitent here, but when this is your business it is hard to set here, and watch time go by, and cant do anything.
My hoster program is 3.000 and Im afraid to upgrade it at this time, I want to be on top of this stuff, but man if I upgrade that and and it works like studio does, Im out of business for sure. since I upgraded from these older versions is there something I might have missed along the way, that keeps this from working? Thanks for the time to respond

kowboys karaoke
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, I guess I'm a long timer her, I had version 2.517, this is my first upgrade since buying the software years ago, it worked so I could not see upgrading if I liked what I was doing, but decided I should upgrade to be able to burn from my kma files and that, and have been shut down ever since. I'm really really trying to be patient here, but when this is your business it is hard to set here, and watch time go by, and cant do anything.
My Hoster program is 3.000 and I'm afraid to upgrade it at this time, I want to be on top of this stuff, but man if I upgrade that and and it works like studio does, I'm out of business for sure. since I upgraded from these older versions is there something I might have missed along the way, that keeps this from working? Thanks for the time to respond

kowboys karaoke
As far as Hoster goes, I would wait for 4.03 before doing anything with it. MTU and we beta testers have been working hard on getting this right. From what I see it is coming along great. Still got a few problems to solve but I have every confidence they will figure them out and get it right.

Microstudio. Yes you have missed a lot along the way. MTU has changed their base CD\DVD drive communication from the old ASPI format that requires specific disk drives to a universal format (acronym escapes me now ). This allows a whole lot more drives to work and doesn't require you have special ones. Most DVD burners will work now.
Additionally you need to make sure you have done the Microsoft "Custom" updates and loaded all of them. If you haven't done this in a while then you will probably have to go back to it several times to get them all. Some of the updates have additional changes that don't show up until you install the first one. I know of at least one case where a person had done all the upgrades except one which was a Korean language update and still could not get her programs to work right. As soon as MTU had her do that update everything worked right. Go figure!! The only thing I can think of is something else was included with it that Microsoft didn't list in the description.
You haven't said what drive you are using but I would check the company's web page and see if they have a firmware update for your drive.
Hope this helps. I still say it may be your drive that is failing and if you have another drive to test it with then that would help.
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
As far as Hoster goes, I would wait for 4.03 before doing anything with it. MTU and we beta testers have been working hard on getting this right. From what I see it is coming along great. Still got a few problems to solve but I have every confidence they will figure them out and get it right.

Microstudio. Yes you have missed a lot along the way. MTU has changed their base CD\DVD drive communication from the old ASPI format that requires specific disk drives to a universal format (acronym escapes me now ). This allows a whole lot more drives to work and doesn't require you have special ones. Most DVD burners will work now.
Additionally you need to make sure you have done the Microsoft "Custom" updates and loaded all of them. If you haven't done this in a while then you will probably have to go back to it several times to get them all. Some of the updates have additional changes that don't show up until you install the first one. I know of at least one case where a person had done all the upgrades except one which was a Korean language update and still could not get her programs to work right. As soon as MTU had her do that update everything worked right. Go figure!! The only thing I can think of is something else was included with it that Microsoft didn't list in the description.
You haven't said what drive you are using but I would check the company's web page and see if they have a firmware update for your drive.
Hope this helps. I still say it may be your drive that is failing and if you have another drive to test it with then that would help.
I have a plexwriter I bought from mtu and has wroked fine, Im not saying it is not bad but it would be one big coincidence for it to bad at the very time I upgraded, do you know if I can down load all this on to another puter that I have, to see if it will work on it, or will I have to buy the download again?

thank you so much for your support
kowboy
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:

Thank you again for your help, I burned a music cd from wondows media and the drive worked fine, but will order another drive from mtu tomorrow, Im at the point that I dont care if I have to replace everything.
I do understand about having patence to do this stuff and that mtu, might be busy with a new program or what ever, but what is the point in that if they dont take care of the things going on with what they already offer, I dotn think Ive ever seen a company that wants other people other than their emplyees to help you with thier problems, but thank god for you, you are a good man to help us.
I did all the window updates I know to do, and changed nothing, Im still leaning on you my man, is there anything else you might think of, Im really desperate not, I use this program in a recording studio, and Im screwed now short of canceling the recordings, or doing with another program.

kowboys karaoke
Dan
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Angry Still Hoping It Will Work

THE BURNER CHANGE IS NOT MY ANSWER. I UPGRADED MY HOOSTER AND MICROSTUDIO JUST TO FIND OUT NOW MY OLD BURNER WOULD`NT WORK WITH UPGRADE. I BOUGHT MTU BURNER AND IT WON`T HELP. HOOSTER UPGRADE WORKS FINE (THANK GOD) BUT NO CHANGE OR HELP ON MICROSTUDIO.
Old August 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES HANNA View Post
THE BURNER CHANGE IS NOT MY ANSWER. I UPGRADED MY HOOSTER AND MICROSTUDIO JUST TO FIND OUT NOW MY OLD BURNER WOULD`NT WORK WITH UPGRADE. I BOUGHT MTU BURNER AND IT WON`T HELP. HOOSTER UPGRADE WORKS FINE (THANK GOD) BUT NO CHANGE OR HELP ON MICROSTUDIO.
Changing his burner out was for Dan and nothing to do with you. Stop yelling and lets get back to yours.
Did you run the Belarc? If so what did it show?
I may have missed it but what OS are you running?
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:10 AM

To: D. Douglas 02/12/09

I have been running great for the last month, after all the work on getting my software and/or burner up and running with everyones help. Now I cannot get my burner to produce a Karaoke disc that will play through my computer or be regonized in a MTU Hoster system. It plays in my Karaoke machine but when I try to load those songs into a MTU hoster system it never regonizes the disk. The disk is in the tray, but it keeps asking me to insert a disk in the tray.
Any Suggestions. tks
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM

dont work

The only ting I can suggest is, to make sure that all of your updates for the puter you are on is up to date, if they are not take a time out and do that.
And in addition you might try slowing down, your burn speed, that is what I had to do, I stillon occasion, have that problem and have to reburn sevral times once in a while to get it to work, but on the most part, slowing down did help a lot. mtu jdid not ever respond to the problem I had, so I dont know what they suggest, I dont understand why everything works ok until you do your updates and then you cant get it to work, and all that mtu will tell you is that it is something you are doing wrong, if it worked before why not now?

danny.....koowboys karaoke
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Unhappy microstudio4006 won't work

Just purchased a HP laptop running windows vista
installed mstudio 4006 version when I place a CDG song
in playlist and click play the screen appears and then diappears
and nothing works. help help