MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM

error msg: mixergetlinecontrol:invalidparameterpassed

just got a new Lambda desktop recording studio by lexicon, got everything all hooked-up but when i tried to play some songs on microstudio..i got this msg:.."mixergetlinecontrol:invalidparameterpassed"..all when i clicked ok..a song will play with graphics but no audio..just hizz..played itunes and the sound is great..does anynone knows what this means
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Billyo,
I know I have seen this error listed here in the forums before but I can't find it right now. I think it has to do with the way Vista handles the different programs inputs for the audio. Since this is a recording studio, then I would guess that the sound card/system is not set to work with Microstudio. I would check all the setting for that and Vista's settings for sound too.
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Billyo,
I know I have seen this error listed here in the forums before but I can't find it right now. I think it has to do with the way Vista handles the different programs inputs for the audio. Since this is a recording studio, then I would guess that the sound card/system is not set to work with Microstudio. I would check all the setting for that and Vista's settings for sound too.
but the thing is i am not running vista. i got windows xp..thanks
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I assumed Vista since it is a new machine.
Then look at your audio card settings.
Also, since it is XP, make sure you have all the updates from Microsoft including Netframe and the latest Media Player.
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo View Post
but the thing is i am not running vista. i got windows xp..thanks
Billy,
I know you have been on the forum for a while and I do not want you to feel insulted by these suggetions but here goes.

1. Do you have ALL of the latest windows upadates for Windows XP using the Custom Upgrade Button?

2. Is your NET Framework up to date?

3. Do you have all of the latest drivers for your sound and video cards?

Just Trying To Help

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:10 AM

Dale slipped in and answered your question while I was typing. Sorry for the repeat suggetions. Thanks Dale!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Any time Jim!
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
Billy,
I know you have been on the forum for a while and I do not want you to feel insulted by these suggetions but here goes.

1. Do you have ALL of the latest windows upadates for Windows XP using the Custom Upgrade Button?

2. Is your NET Framework up to date?

3. Do you have all of the latest drivers for your sound and video cards?

Just Trying To Help

Jim
not a problem jim,,yes i do have all the updates..net framework is up to date..sound and video cards are all updated..thank you for trying, appreciate your help..
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I assumed Vista since it is a new machine.
Then look at your audio card settings.
Also, since it is XP, make sure you have all the updates from Microsoft including Netframe and the latest Media Player.

i do have all the updates..i also read someone in the forum has similar problem...i'll try to play with it one more time..the reason why i bought this thing ( desktop recorder ) was when i tried to record on microstudio using the mic on my comp..vocals and audio doesnt sync and recording sounds so terrible..tried the audio accelarator from basic to full..audio is still garbled..but anyway thanks for your help..
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

I think I know where the problem is but not sure yet how to fix it. Your Lambda desktop recording studio by Lexicon is a USB I/O mixer. This is what is giving you the error.
From Lexicon Support knowledge base:
Quote:
I connected the Lambda to my computer and now I cannot hear any sounds from my computer's speakers. What happened?

Quote:
Be sure the Monitor Mix knob on the Lambda is set to around the 12:00 position. The Monitor Mix knob lets you decide between hearing direct input or playback from the computer or a mix of both.

Quote:
Your computers sounds can be routed to the Lambda or your computers built in sound card. To check which device is selected go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio; the device that is selected for Playback will output your Windows sounds. To hear these sounds, your computer speakers, powered monitors or stereo system will need to be connected to the outputs of the selected device.

Quote:
The device setup for Cubase LE is independent of the Sounds and Audio Device settings found in the Windows Control Panel. To set up the Lambda in Cubase go to Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack and select Lambda ASIO in the ASIO driver dropdown menu. To hear sound from Cubase, your computer speakers, powered monitors or stereo system will need to be connected to the outputs of the Lambda.

What this is telling me is that you may not have your settings correct for the Lambda. Or Microstudio can only use the on-board sound card rather than the Lambda. Microstudio and Hoster are setup to use the default sound card.
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I think I know where the problem is but not sure yet how to fix it. Your Lambda desktop recording studio by Lexicon is a USB I/O mixer. This is what is giving you the error.
From Lexicon Support knowledge base:

What this is telling me is that you may not have your settings correct for the Lambda. Or Microstudio can only use the on-board sound card rather than the Lambda. Microstudio and Hoster are setup to use the default sound card.

i did all that, audio is fine when i play songs from itunes..it's just when i used mstudio and play a song form the playlist..the graphics is fine but there is no audio..just hizz and hums..i just got an email from lexicon and they told me that they downloaded the demo version of mstudio, and i was told that they have the same problem " no audio " wont even pick-up a sound from the microphone..
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Try plugging speakers into the internal sound card. If that works then you may have to try disabling the internal card and try again. Microstudio doesn't give you a choice and only uses the default card. If the internal is an on-board card and nota separate one, then you will need to disable it through the bios.
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Try plugging speakers into the internal sound card. If that works then you may have to try disabling the internal card and try again. Microstudio doesn't give you a choice and only uses the default card. If the internal is an on-board card and nota separate one, then you will need to disable it through the bios.
i already did that too, since i couldn't get the lambda to work with mstudio..and its working fine audio and everything..yup it's an on board card..dont really know how to disable the internal card through bios though..
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

You have to enter the BIOS when the computer is first turned on. Most are set to use either F1 or F2. From there you will have to find it as every bios program is different. You may also be able to disable it by going to the Control Panel/System/Device Manager, then find the card and disable it there.
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

If you have Microstudio 4.002 (maybe down to 4.000 not sure), click the Tools menu, Record Settings... command. You CAN select the audio card Microstudio uses.
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
If you have Microstudio 4.002 (maybe down to 4.000 not sure), click the Tools menu, Record Settings... command. You CAN select the audio card Microstudio uses.
When did this slip in??
Old September 26th, 2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
i almost gave up on this issue..i'll try that when i get home from work.thanks for responding, i appreciate it..
Old September 27th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
i tried what you suggested..sorry to tell you that it didnt work...i'm giving up on this.thanks for all your helped..i'll just use this recording desktop for something else...