MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 07:06 PM

Deleting files from Hoster

Hi Everyone.

I've bought a new laptop. I've installed Hoster and started loading my files. I've done a mistake and want to delete all entries and start over again.
Q. How do I delete what I've imported. I've been deleting them one at a time which is taking forever! Is there a quicker way? Thank you

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points
Old April 24th, 2014, 01:32 AM

How Do I Delete All Files Imported To Hoster?

Hi Everyone,
I have a new laptop and have I've installed Hoster on it for the first time. I've made a mistake and have been deleting all the 'Imported' files' via 'Tools / Edit Songs' one disc at a time and its just taking forever. Q: Is there an easier and quicker way to delete the whole lot so I can start importing again? Cheers

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Last edited by Roy Dennis; April 26th, 2014 at 02:07 PM. Reason: merged to this thread as question is repeated.
Old April 24th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Deleting files from Hoster

You don't have to delete files one at a time from the edit dialog, if you select the multiple tab then enter the wild card symbal * in the find box then press find it will list your whole library. Once the list is populated select the top item, hold the shift key then scroll down anywhere in the list then left click+ shift will select all tracks between the too selections then just choose delete. Note if you do a very long list it can take a short time to select them all so don't be impatient.

An alternative way and much quicker to clear all as if starting from scratch, from the Tools Menu select "Hoster Data Folder" now important close Hoster but leave data folder open. look down the list of files for "HosterInfoIndexed.ini" you might not see the .ini extention depending how your folder options is set but delete the file, then look for Songs.mdb and delete that also, again you might not see the .mdb extension it doesn't matter.
After deleting those two files close the folder and start Hoster and it should be cleared of all imports.

If you want the files on this new computer to match your existing and you have the 5.20 version there is a much easier way of setting Hoster up as a clone of your other system.

From the Help Menu you should see an option for "Backup/Restore" so if you select that in your old computer and create the backup file. Then copy the created file to your new computer open The Help "Backup/Restore" on the new computer and choose restore and select the file you just copied this will copy the whole setup including background colour to your new computer. Be aware that if doing this all your music file paths must match the existing, ie if your music is on the E/ drive on the old computer then you must make it match on the new one.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 24th, 2014, 04:30 PM

Re: Deleting files from Hoster

Hi Roy WOW!! Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it thank you Unfortunately I stayed up all night deleting the whole lot one by one lol But, I have copied what you have written for future reference. Thank you

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old April 26th, 2014, 12:34 PM

Re: How Do I Delete All Files Imported To Hoster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
Hi Everyone,
I have a new laptop and have I've installed Hoster on it for the first time. I've made a mistake and have been deleting all the 'Imported' files' via 'Tools / Edit Songs' one disc at a time and its just taking forever. Q: Is there an easier and quicker way to delete the whole lot so I can start importing again? Cheers
When you get to the Edit screen, at the top instead of "Single" select "Multiple" and then search for the songs you want to delete.

Then highlight the first song and scroll down to the last song you want to delete and hold your Shift Key while selecting it.

Once they are all highlighted, click the delete button!

Tags
deleting files