MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Closed Thread

Old February 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Trooper disc
Truly amazing. Of the Karaokemaker line that is the 1 CDG they have in stock. I have order it and it is on its way. The CGD has been unavailable for several years, being the 1st title karaokemaker dropped due to rising license fees. I bought all their other discs before they closed shop so this make the collection not only complete, but is one of the best disc karaokemaker put out. Lonman, I owe you a drink.
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
turnkey setup
It seems to me that this would be a good approach to reducing piracy. If the manufacturer leased an updatable closed system a KJ could have a broad selection without a huge startup cost. PVRs currently do that to reduce video piracy. My PVR has a Terabyte drive so I can record lots of licensed broadcasts, but the system is closed so I can't move the video files to other drives. I think CAVS may be moving in this direction but haven't really been paying much attention as I am firmly entrenched in CDG imported to Hoster.
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:36 PM

From what i understand, from a very good source. Down around the greater chicago area. Clubs are no longer hiring KJ's with "computer hard driven presentation systems." It started actually with the DJ's, now includes kj's as well. They tell them to go home get their disc and come back and see'um. Guess who this hurts besides us kj's? Now i can't verify this, but it does come from what i consider a very very reliable person. Trickle down effect? we'll see.....
P.S. I want to thank everyone who reads this forum, and the dj forum,non members alike. And those that have found my email address somehow and sent me emails. But what do you expect me to do about this mess? Further i have no interest at the present time in being a spokes person for anyone.
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMcCharles View Post
Truly amazing. Of the Karaokemaker line that is the 1 CDG they have in stock. I have order it and it is on its way. The CGD has been unavailable for several years, being the 1st title karaokemaker dropped due to rising license fees. I bought all their other discs before they closed shop so this make the collection not only complete, but is one of the best disc karaokemaker put out. Lonman, I owe you a drink.
See even discontinued & hard to find discs CAN be found.
If you ever come across a Sound Choice 8148 (used is fine), let me know - I want a back up for mine as it has a small crack in the center.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
From what i understand, from a very good source. Down around the greater chicago area. Clubs are no longer hiring KJ's with "computer hard driven presentation systems."
Sad thing is computers in general are not illegal, a kj using discs but running a program like Hoster for the show - using it as a disc player only, not a hard drive player, still gives the kj all the computer bells & whistles as far as scrolling marquee, rotation, music, instabuttons, etc,.....but keeps it to the clubs expectations if they require the kj to use discs only.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old February 9th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
no longer hiring KJ's with "computer hard driven presentation systems."
I think this is one of SC's goals. To discourage computer systems and force the use of their physical CDGs. I saw someone post that they bring all their CDGs to their show even though they use HD. While this may not soothe all venues growing fearful of KIAA, it may soothe many.
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Sound Choice 8148
I have to go to meetings now, but with check with my sources when I get back,
Old February 9th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I think you guys have beat this horse to death. So how about we leave this for facts about the cases pending and use the other thread about KIAA to discuss the peripheral items around the legal issues. As far as looking for out of production or hard to find disks this needs to be in a separate thread as it doesn't even apply here.

One noted problem here as I see it is the confusion over the KIAA whose actions were only involved in the Arizona cases and the Sound Choice lawsuits in TN, VA, and NC. The later is strictly a Sound Choice action with no KIAA involvement that I can find. ANd no I am not a member of KIAA either.

Thanks to all for their thoughts and views on the subject.
Old February 9th, 2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Sound Choice 8148
I checked my usual retailers, even the one where I found U2 and INXS in stock after Sound Choice discontinued them, but to no avail. I have some contacts in the Canadian retail market. I'll ask if they have one hidden behind the counter somewhere.
Old February 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM

yeah..suposin we could close up this thread if you wish dale..i don't like to see things git off track either. But i sure would like to keep at least one KIA{A} {sound choice} thread going if possible. I use it for educational purposes, and to hear other peoples idea's and feelings on these matters. Keeps up to date on whats going on with this situation in other parts of the nation. And since my snailmail and newspapers are delivered daily by a guy riding a horse, i keep up to date online..wayyyyyyyyyy up here. I am so far out in the sticks, i have seen bobcat, wolves, coyote's and even badgers in my backyard. hehehe...anyway you know whats best...You are a super moderator, and wonderful person. Thanks for keeping this thing all together. And thank you mtu for having this open free help and discussion center.
Thank You, on behalf of "The George Show" "Excellence in Vocal, Variety, and Instrumental Entertainment."
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

I am not going to close it yet. Just want to keep it on track so we can follow what is going on with the lawsuits.
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:08 PM
VIP

Sorry about asking about any particular disc here, however looking for discontinued/OOP discs in general does apply in a sense as those that have to delete their files from the computer may have to start looking if they want to keep the same songs once the lawsuits are settled.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old February 10th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Part of the damages that Sound Chioce is asking for (if they go to court and find someone guilty) is that their equipment be seized. That means the individual will be out of business and won't need to buy disks unless they plan on starting over after paying all the damages, fines, legal fees, etc. Not really very likely.
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:17 AM

Sound Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Part of the damages that Sound Chioce is asking for (if they go to court and find someone guilty) is that their equipment be seized. That means the individual will be out of business and won't need to buy disks unless they plan on starting over after paying all the damages, fines, legal fees, etc. Not really very likely.
If one went to court as i understand it, they have been accused, but no inspection of equipment has been performed or seized, What stops the accused "pirate" of cleaning up his system, or disposing of the evidence, I.E., complete hard drive, failure, fire, theft, etc., leaving no evidence for the court to see. Seem proof of illegal use would be hard to prove. As i understand it, only one's word of SC's field agent is used, no other evidence have i seen noted. One could "borrow" a few disc from a good friend, load a hard drive and presto, he is ready for court, being sure to have a couple of SC disc included.
I have paid for every disc i own, but have no receipts, didn't know years ago that i would need that little piece of paper to prove anything, and i bet you all didn't either!!!!
muzicman144
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

He he is one of those who has bought a hard drive with massive amounts of songs, that might cost him more than the costs for court. I doubt they are the ones who will try it in court.
Old February 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzicman144 View Post
I have paid for every disc i own, but have no receipts, didn't know years ago that i would need that little piece of paper to prove anything, and i bet you all didn't either!!!!
muzicman144
Actually I have receipts for every new disc I ever purchased, although all the used discs I buy off of customers - no. However they are looking for original discs, not the receipts - to my understanding.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Old February 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM

Hang on a sec while i compose myself....

ok i think i can type now.... let me make sure i have this right. A receipt for every single CD+G disc you have ever purchased in your lifetime? And i thought my grandma was just a little strange because she insist on saving the instruction manual to her old singer pump sewing machine. When i visit quinns music for my monthly chartbuster, i don't ever recall asking for a receipt. My local music store and i have that type of business relationship. Hey walt, i can see right now, if sound choice came aknockin' on my door, i'd be knee deep in a bucket of sunshine....
Old February 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:

ok i think i can type now.... let me make sure i have this right. A receipt for every single CD+G disc you have ever purchased in your lifetime? And i thought my grandma was just a little strange because she insist on saving the instruction manual to her old singer pump sewing machine. When i visit quinns music for my monthly chartbuster, i don't ever recall asking for a receipt. My local music store and i have that type of business relationship. Hey walt, i can see right now, if sound choice came aknockin' on my door, i'd be knee deep in a bucket of sunshine....
i'm in the same boat as you are, i don't even know what happened to the receipt for the new Numark Fusion Dj Controller that i bought 2 weeks ago, and the new 500gb Seagate Momentus ext. hhd. that i bought monday, if SC come knockin on my door,i'll be on the same bucket of..
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
VIP

Quote:

ok i think i can type now.... let me make sure i have this right. A receipt for every single CD+G disc you have ever purchased in your lifetime?
They are collected & saved in a folder for tax purposes at the end of each year, so every reciept relating to karaoke/dj/music/production costs/etc. are in each year of my tax folders from the day I started.

Win 8.1 64bit
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Last edited by Lonman; February 11th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old February 11th, 2010, 08:51 PM

I use my general system as a whole for my tax write off..never needed a reciept since i started. H&R block does my taxes....
Closed Thread