MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 29th, 2015, 06:07 PM

Newbie - converting songs

I ran the scan and convert last night and had several convert and several have errors. Wasnt sure if I needed the lame file so I installed that just now. Converting from kma to ZIP CDG-mp3. Now when I go to the KMA file that i selected last night no kmas show. Does that mean it already converted all it could? Why aren't the kma's showing up? Thanks
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Newbie - converting songs

If you pressed the button to delete original then that's what it has done.
A bit late now but I usually don't select that button and only delete them when I know they converted OK.

After it's finished it creates a log file with all the converted files in and also a log file with any bad files in.

If you open the bad files log and compare it with the converted files log, I should think that if the same files that appeared in the bad files log are in the converted files log then they have been converted.

Another test would be to try playing one of the titles from the bad files log.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 29th, 2015, 07:48 PM

I did not select to delete. The KMA files are all in the folder. But I don't think all of them went thru the conversion process but when I select the KMA folder nothing shows in song converter list. Make sense?
Old January 29th, 2015, 07:50 PM

My original KMA file is not empty it just doesn't show any songs in the song converter when I select the folder. I wasn't sure if it kept track of what it converted and maybe didn't load them because the process had run?
Old January 30th, 2015, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Right gotcha now, I misunderstood what you were saying

The .kma's should still show up after the conversion.

In the top left hand payne underneath Brows selection is a window "2 format" with a drop down arrow. Each time you open Songverter that reverts back to "< Select>"
Use the drop down from that window to re select "kma karaoke files" it should then rescan that folder and re-list them all.

So I should check which songs were listed in your Bad file log then just select those to try again.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 30th, 2015, 12:34 PM

ok yes they showed up again, but now as it scans I get an error message that stops it, perimator is incorrect.
Old January 30th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Can you copy one of the kma files that gives this error and attach it to your reply ?
If it wont send as it is try zipping it up.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 05:52 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trelynda View Post
ok yes they showed up again, but now as it scans I get an error message that stops it, perimator is incorrect.
I can confirm this incorrect parameter error message.
There appears to be a problem converting kma to zip mp3 + cdg.
I have also experienced the other problem you reported - when Songverter is reopened it does not rescan the entire folder.
I have reported this elsewhere and am continuing to try various workarounds until a fix is released.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old February 23rd, 2015, 10:05 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trelynda View Post
Trelynda, I was getting both the parameter error message and a runtime message when I was trying to convert kma to Zip MP3 + G.
I am not getting any error messages now and have successfully converted about 40000 files in the last couple of days.
I know this is not particularly helpful but thought I should give you some feedback.
It might be worthwhile downloading & installing the previous release version - 1.31 - & seeing whether that fixes your problem.
I didn't do that - but intended to if I continued getting the error messages that have mysteriously disappeared.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1