MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 30th, 2018, 02:37 PM

\"No Rebuild Database Needed\"

Since I\'m a frequent browser of this forum, i noticed that so many have problems about song database being used in different computer..I\'ve been doing this procedure for so many years now and avoided long hours of rebuilding database.. It took me at least less than 5 minutes to connect and play my external usb song database.. This procedure is very helpful to the people who wants to use 1 usb external harddrive database to any computer that has Hoster and dont need to rebuild...especially people doing karaoke as business...So this is how it goes....
I have 1 Hoster (Main)computer doing the import, editing and i have
1 hoster player just for entertainment.. My song datadase is in a 2 TB HD which I letter it \"K\"
(KMA = 118,000+ and VCD= 18,000+ ).. I saved 3 files from the Hoster folder of my Main computer and everytime I have to import or edit, then I have to saved it...So my HD has 3 folders:
KMA Folder containing 118,000+ songs in kma format
VCD Folder containing 18,000+ songs in kmh format
Hoster Files (where I copy the 3 files from the Main Hoster)
which is Bucket.mdb, songs.mdb, songs_backup.mdb. These are the 3 important files that will save you long hours of rebuilding. You\'ll find this at:
c:\\programdata\\mtu\\hoster in newer version of Hoster
And If you can\'t find programdata, you need to go to windows explorer, click View > Options > view > select \"Show hidden files, folders and drives\".
Then copy the 3 important files to the computer that you\'re going to use.. Click yes to overwrite the old files..Once you\'re done, make sure that your drive letter has the same letter \"K\" (in my case). If not, read the sticky procedure..Lastly, closed Hoster and open, and you\'re done.. Hope, this helps..I\'m still working on a complete procedure of this process. For the meantime, try it. It always work for me..Remember, Your hard drive should have the 3 Folders (Kma, Vcd and Hoster files). I recommend to save your song database on a usb drive (HD is not expensive anymore) So, this are the key element of this process...HD drive letter should match...
Hoster files should replaced the files on target computer. That\'s it and if I miss anything, pls. let me know..FYI, all of my friends that has hoster are using my database..And also, remember this will overwrite the target computer files so if you made changes on the target computer, that will be replaced..Thanks everyone....
For duplicating my Hard Drive, I used Alwaysync program..
For editing songs before importing, I used Bulk Renaming Utility..
Thanks again...enjoy your karaoke...
Old October 2nd, 2018, 04:17 PM

Re: \\\"No Rebuild Database Needed\\\"

You are correct on this, but there is actually an easier way.

If you are going to use the same HD for both systems, there is no need to manually do this. Open Hoster, on the \"master\" computer first, then go to Tools\\Hoster Data Folder. Change the location of the folder to the external drive. I have mine set to something like I:\\Hoster Master Database\\ Say yes to copy/move the files to this location.

Once this is done, go to the other system, make the same change, but DO NOT copy/move the files to the folder above. Set it to the folder. Once this is done, any changes on your External drive on either computer will show on Any system, without having to manually do anything.

As stated in the Original post, you still must have the drive letter as the same on both systems.

Hope this helps!
Old October 8th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Re: No Rebuild Database Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
As stated in the Original post, you still must have the drive letter as the same on both systems.!
Actually, this is not true any longer. In the Edit Songs window, you can press the My drive letter has changed button and tell Hoster the new drive letter. It will go through the entire database and change X: to Y: (or whatever drive letters you tell it to change from and to).
Old October 8th, 2018, 06:41 PM

In my situation, my friends wants to have a duplicate copy of my database (off course with a fee) provided that they get Hoster for their player. So once I copy my database through Allway Sync software to a hdd, I copy the 3 files that I mention and set theirs. So in an emergency situation, the hdd can be played in any Hoster computer anytime, anywhere without rebuilding the database for so many hours. I\'m use to doing this procedure and it always never fails me...
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:06 PM
VIP

Wow talk about admitting to piracy \'for a fee\' even.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB