MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old February 23rd, 2019, 09:51 AM

Song stopped playing, new song would not play

A weird anomaly I want to run by you...this has only happened once, last night, but wondering if it is warning me of something, so wanted to ask you all. Here is my scenario:

I run a sealed system, meaning I do not go online, I do not update Windows (10) or my security software, and I only update Hoster when I need to. HOSTER has run flawlessly for me on this system EXCEPT for the anomaly in 5.50.02 that caused songs to crash if you used key or tempo change, so my current version is at least 5.50.04 or newer, and has worked FLAWLESSLY for what I do since installing in May 2018. I work at least 5 nights a week, or more, and keep things basic.

Last night was business as usual. A singer came up and we were doing a duet, and into the second verse it just stopped. It remained in the queue but was not playing. The computer seemed to be working just fine othewise, so I closed Hoster and opened Hoster...restarted the song and it tried then turned off. I put in a second choice song, in case the file was corrupted, started that song and it too failed, almost immediately. I closed Hoster, rebooted the laptop, opened Hoster and things resumed normally.

I am concerned for what would have caused this to happen out of the blue, on a system that never gets tweaked. I run minimal resources and barely use any of the features built in aside from the hosting end and the marquee. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

If it happens again, I would not even know where to start on a diagnosis...I would not think upgrading to a newer version would be a plan to resolve it if the version I am using with my sealed system does not have any known bugs...BUT if what I am experiencing is something that others using an older version have shared, then my time here will have proven fruitful. All the best...thanks for any light shared.
Old February 24th, 2019, 12:03 PM
VIP

Re: Song stopped playing, new song would not play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryoke View Post
A weird anomaly I want to run by you...this has only happened once, last night, but wondering if it is warning me of something, so wanted to ask you all. Here is my scenario:

I run a sealed system, meaning I do not go online, I do not update Windows (10) or my security software, and I only update Hoster when I need to. HOSTER has run flawlessly for me on this system EXCEPT for the anomaly in 5.50.02 that caused songs to crash if you used key or tempo change, so my current version is at least 5.50.04 or newer, and has worked FLAWLESSLY for what I do since installing in May 2018. I work at least 5 nights a week, or more, and keep things basic.

Last night was business as usual. A singer came up and we were doing a duet, and into the second verse it just stopped. It remained in the queue but was not playing. The computer seemed to be working just fine othewise, so I closed Hoster and opened Hoster...restarted the song and it tried then turned off. I put in a second choice song, in case the file was corrupted, started that song and it too failed, almost immediately. I closed Hoster, rebooted the laptop, opened Hoster and things resumed normally.

I am concerned for what would have caused this to happen out of the blue, on a system that never gets tweaked. I run minimal resources and barely use any of the features built in aside from the hosting end and the marquee. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

If it happens again, I would not even know where to start on a diagnosis...I would not think upgrading to a newer version would be a plan to resolve it if the version I am using with my sealed system does not have any known bugs...BUT if what I am experiencing is something that others using an older version have shared, then my time here will have proven fruitful. All the best...thanks for any light shared.
Some times these kind of things are just computers or windows just freaking out for a multitude of reasons. When this happens you did what is required by just rebooting the computer. That solves many problems. You can check the fault error code if you want to double check. Open File Manager, right click on This PC, click on Manage, then under system tools, click on Event Viewer, Window Logs, and finally on Applications. Give it a minute to open up then scroll down to the date and time this happened. You see a Error message. If it mentions Hoster, look for a fault offset code and then post that. Dave then can determine if it is a Hoster problem or something else. Since it worked fine after you rebooted, you are probably ok. It continues to happen then that fault offset code will be important.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old February 24th, 2019, 01:37 PM

Thanks! I will do that and see what I see, and report here when I can. It was a weird thing. Back when I had the issue before updating Hoster, Hoster actually crashed, and gave the message that Hoster has stopped working. In this current scenario, the song just stopped...no crash per se. I will be curious to see if it shows up in the log.
Old February 26th, 2019, 03:02 PM

No mention of HOSTER, error would have been around that 8:30 mark. Nothing stands out to me, but posting here in case it makes sense to anyone else.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4061.JPG (4.66 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4062.JPG (3.28 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4063.JPG (3.63 MB, 23 views)
Old February 27th, 2019, 09:19 AM
VIP

I don\'t see any errors. Like I said before, it may have been just a computer glitch. If it is a rare occurrence I wouldn\'t be to concerned. Also, how much ram are do you have? In my opinion you should have at least 4GB. If it continues to be a problem, you may want to try to update your video and audio drivers. It doesn\'t hurt to keep your codecs updated as well.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:43 AM

Thank you Walt! I really appreciate your analysis and opinion and diagnosis. Should be plenty of RAM, at least 6-8MB. I will double check on next usage. Been smooth sailing since then, so I will just stay on the lookout. All the best.
Old February 27th, 2019, 12:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryoke View Post
Thank you Walt! I really appreciate your analysis and opinion and diagnosis. Should be plenty of RAM, at least 6-8MB. I will double check on next usage. Been smooth sailing since then, so I will just stay on the lookout. All the best.
Glad to help! Good luck!

Closed Thread