MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 28th, 2003, 11:50 AM

Can't download Microstudio Software

I just ordered the Microstudio software and a burner. You have emailed me the software I understand I had 8 chances to get it downloaded. Well I tried 4 times night before last, no success. Then got on last night and tried to download for a 5th time and it told me I had no more download attempts left.

After reading a lot of positive remarks from other users, I have become very excited about my purchase and can't wait to get started burning karaoke cdgs.

I just hope one problem doesn't lead into another. I am hoping for great results from your software and burner.
Old March 28th, 2003, 02:05 PM

It sounds as though you may have a download accellerator program installed. If so, it will eat up your links. Best to uninstall it before downloading any MTU products. You will need to contact support for additional download links.

Sorry I can't be more help.

George

Here's support's email address.

support@mtu.com
Old April 7th, 2003, 12:12 PM

Oklahomagal,
Did you ever get your software to install? If not then please let me know.
Old April 8th, 2003, 10:35 AM

Microstudio and burner downloads

Yes I did get Microstudio to download, however I CAN'T GET MY BURNER THAT I BOUGHT FROM YOU TO DOWNLOAD. WHEN I LOOK IN ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS IT IS THERE, BUT ON MY COMPUTER IT IS NOT SHOWING A DRIVE. IT ONLY SHOWS DRIVES A: FLOPPY
C:HARD DRIVE
N: CD ROM

NO DRIVE FOR PLEXTOR......IT DOES RENAME THE N DRIVE TO PLEXTOR, BUT IT IS ACTUALLY MY CDROM DRIVE...PLEASE SOMEONE HELP....I HAVE BEEN UP PAST MIDNIGHT THE PAST THREE NIGHTS TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT!!

THANKS!!!!!!
Old April 8th, 2003, 11:07 AM

You probably won't like this suggestion, but I'd say professional help is needed in installing and configuring the burner. There could be a mechanical problem like a defective cable, or something else.

Take the pc and the software that came with the burner to a shop, or find a shop that makes house calls. I've done that more than once.

George
Old April 8th, 2003, 11:20 AM

Well your right, I don't like that idea....I was hoping it may be something simple enough I could fix. But guess it never is that easy! Seems like when one thing goes wrong a million things do. anyway thanks for the suggestion!!!
Old April 8th, 2003, 11:31 AM

When I tried installing the burner at one point it told me to insert the Windows Millenium Edition CD, which I don't have. I called hp support and they gave me a file/folder to enter. Tried that and that didn't work.

Do I have to have the Windows ME CD to install this burner???I was told they are $200 to buy!
Old April 8th, 2003, 12:04 PM

Sounds like it's looking for the drivers which are included with the Software you received when you purchased Windows ME. if you don't have it, you might try going to the Plextor site. Under support, downloads, they may list the drivers needed for your burner model for ME.

If push comes to shove, I don't think I'd spend the money for another round of ME. I'd advise putting those bucks into XP Pro.

George

http://www.plextor.com
Old April 8th, 2003, 01:05 PM

Got curious and went to the Plextor site. They specifically state there is no need for them to have driver downloads for the later Windows products(ME, 2000,XP). Would imagine that's because the drivers are already in the Windows software, and they assume if you purchased Windows, you have the drivers.

As a registered ME owner you may be able to get a free replacemend installation cd from Microsoft. Don't know if they do that, but many companies do. I got one from Hewlett Packard a couple of months ago.

Sorry

George
Old April 8th, 2003, 02:50 PM

oklahomagal,

I agree with George. Better use that money to upgrade to Windows XP, you’ll have a far better Operating System and no more “blue screen of death.”

Windows XP is rock solid and includes Microsoft’s signed drivers (tested and approved) for most major products, Plextor included!

Good luck,

Jon
Old April 14th, 2003, 10:19 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions...I finally got my burner installed...hurray!! and i did it without having to pay a techinician....i am so proud. It was a problem with my USB controllers...I just deleted them in safe mode the restarted the computer and it recognized and installed my plextor. Stayed up way to late last night trying it out. So far so good....thanks again!!