MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21st, 2003, 07:20 PM
VIP

Question for Microstudio & Hoster users

Is any one having a problem getting clean imports from Chartbuster brand using Microstudio or Hoster

After importing 600 disks for Hoster the only ones I have serious problems getting clean graphics from (no garbage on the screen) seems to be Chartbusters (about 120 disks) . Of the very few CB disks with no problems every track is clean while the rest of the disks every track has some garbage - which is bad for this brand as the screen never refreshes like SC does - on some tracks by the end of the song their is so much garbage its unusable.

These disks all play perfectly in my JVC 3 tray. There are no scratches and have always been kept in a jewel case.

On other brands I can sometimes backup the disk with microstudio and then import into hoster and the garbage problem disappears, but not with the CB's it seems. Importing as KMA with Hoster or as CDG with microstudio shows the same garbage in the same screen positions.

It doesn't matter what speed I read at, or whether the disk is new or used.

Has any one else had this problem? How did you overcome it?
Is it poor media quality from CB? Will a certified burner from MTU gaurentee
it can overcome the problem?

Anyone have any thoughts or solutions?
Thanks.
Sam