MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 10th, 2002, 06:31 PM

Question Problems reading Yamaha 8424

I have installed Mircostudio 2314 a few times and it still won't play a CDG. I have a Yamaha 8424 burner, 384 ram, 98se, DirectX 8.0, pentium II 450. Also, when I press TOC it crashes badly.

It also will not read my Karaoke files on my hard disk. It will display the folder but nothing is in it. They are bin files I made with a previous program called WINCDG. I ordered Microstudio because of reports of it's superiority.

I am getting a new system from an audio computer builder in FL.
around the last of this month. Maybe that will fix the problem as it will have a Plextor 16 burner. In the meantime I would like to learn Microstudio on this system. The yamaha is listed as a supported burner.
Help Please.
Tronman
Old January 10th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Frequent Member

believe it or not not all Yamaha's support cdg or work well with CDRWIN, at least with CDRWIN 4.0. I have a friend who recently bought a new Yamaha writer and can't get CDRWIN to copy CDG's correctly. When he goes to do it with an older SCSI Yamaha set up he fairs better. He's interested in Microstudio if it will support his new writer. I believe it writes 16X 10X 40X but could be wrong about that.
Old January 10th, 2002, 09:56 PM

What does it say when you click on the "Detect Drives " button in Microstudio? Does it say it is cdg or not?

Take care,

George
Old January 10th, 2002, 11:46 PM
Frequent Member

I don't know considering he has not downloaded the demo or bought the software yet.
Old January 10th, 2002, 11:57 PM

I'm sorrry Danny I was thinking of Tronman. I should have been more specific.

Take Care,

George
Old January 11th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Frequent Member

That's okay, George. He is thinking of getting a new writing program.
Old January 11th, 2002, 09:49 AM

Danny,
To answer your question about your friends Yamaha drive we have had problems with Yamaha since they switched over to there 8424 model. Drives before this do work fine, but this one and after their 8x drive have always had problems with CD+G. Some of the newer ones such as the 2100 and up don't work at all with Karaoke.
Old January 11th, 2002, 09:55 AM

Tronman,
To answer you question try doing the following:

It is possible that the ASPI drivers that we are using may not correctly support that Yamaha 8424 drive.

Download and update the ASPI drivers from: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=493

NOTE: This only pertains to Microstudio 2.314.

Once you have downloaded and installed these files do the following:

1) Open Microstudio
2) Go to the Drives Menu
3) Select {b]ASPI Drivers...[/b]
4) Change this selection from "Use the MTU installed driver" to "Use the default driver"
5) Close Microstudio and reopen it for this to take affect.
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:10 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you MTU support,

I tried George's idea and I can now get TOC on a CDG when I press it without it crashing. The disc I tried(Music Maestro) didn't display well though(dots,mixed colors,etc.). Also, the spacebar doesn't work but the escape key does. I just played a couple Pop Hits and the same thing is happening.

I have used this burner for a year or so with CDRWIN after we set the read/write speed to 8X there was no problem. The 8424 would not play or write correctly after the 7th track(dots,mixed colors,etc.). I was hoping if I set read/write(8X) on Microstudio to these speeds it would correct that, but it didn't.

At least I can get the feel of the program now(Thanks again George) until my new computer with the Plextor 16 comes in.

I'm not sure if a couple of above posts were pertained to me(my friend & hasn't purchased yet) but as far as purchasing MTU products, I bought Microstudio,KH Pro,Vogone & Keywrite on CD ROM.

This forum is pretty cool and the support seems very good. It's usually a pain switching to something new after you've used a program for a year or so but this forum makes it easier.

Now any ideas to make the spacebar work and get rid of the erratic display after track 7?

Tronman
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:18 PM

Thank You BYRAN COX is what I should've said.
Tronman
Old January 11th, 2002, 03:43 PM

Tronman
To avoid problems with KHP you also need to set the P.C. color resolution to 16bit high resolution.
Don't know if this will cure any present ills, but you'll need to do it anyway.
No I don't think some of the posts were meant for you. We had a double conversation going.

Take Care

George