MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM

Angry Songs that have been indexed not showing up

I recently upgraded to the last Feb. 2016 release and now have noticed that approx. 3000 songs that I had indexed last are not showing up. The only thing I can do is re-index all of them. (hours of duplicate work) Is anyone else experiencing this headache?
Old March 16th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Songs that have been indexed not showing up

Before you re index them, you may be able to recover them just using the rescan feature.
Are the missing songs all in one folder ?
If so check that the folder or Folders are listed in the bottom left window of the rebuild database dialog.
If the folder is missing then try adding it via the Add Folder button.
If the folder is showing select it then check that the missing songs appear in the right hand pane then press the Rescan Folder button.

Let us know if this recovers the lost files.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 16th, 2016, 07:25 PM

Greetings,
I'm having the same problem with the latest upgrade. Tried the different ways of loading the files and none of them work. Single, batch, scan, rescan. Says that new songs are found, but didn't load them.
Using Toshiba laptop, windows 10, 4 gigs memory, 1 TB hdd.
Old April 17th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Did you originally use the Import Songs/Scan Now method to import these tracks ?
Only a bug was found in that method with identifying disc id & tr.
This has been rectified in next release.

Also you can't import video types via the scan now button. so if you are downloading the new mp4 types you need to use the "Index Song Files Method"

What format are you importing them as, KMA or KMH ?

If you open the folder they are imported too, if a KMA file, does it appear with it's .KMA extension ?
If it's as KMH does it show the extra file with the .KMH extension ?

If the answer is Yes to the above, can you copy one of the file names and paste in your reply or type it exactly as it is along with a screen shot of your define field order.

Any other info you think might help. I'll try and duplicate your actions.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 20th, 2016, 02:03 AM

Greetings Roy,
No used batch with folder. Wouldn't work at all. Then used single, songs in folder came up. Select all and program tells me they are found and entered. Wrong, they are not there. Tried all the methods suggested to no avail. I am importing them as KMH files. the extra kmh file is not there. Using Win Explorer the KMH files don't show on any of the songs.
Double clicking on the search field of songs. The KMH file is shown however the song cannot be found on the hard drive. So it seems that the initial loading of the songs, especially the ones that I copied from my other drive never got loaded.
Old April 20th, 2016, 02:07 AM

Also Roy, I have the 5.40 version previous to the latest and greatest and have had it shut off in the middle of a random song. There was something running in the background. Funny though, the 5.3 version that I have been running for over a year never had these problems. Just trying to get it to recognize a different drive was the major problem.
Old April 20th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk04 View Post
Greetings Roy,
No used batch with folder. Wouldn't work at all. Then used single, songs in folder came up. Select all and program tells me they are found and entered. Wrong, they are not there. Tried all the methods suggested to no avail. I am importing them as KMH files. the extra kmh file is not there. Using Win Explorer the KMH files don't show on any of the songs.
When you say "the KMH file does not show on any of the songs" are you referring to the ones that won't import or all of the songs ?
If you are not seeing any, do you have the folder options tick box ticked to hide Extensions for known file types ?
Double clicking on the search field of songs. The KMH file is shown however the song cannot be found on the hard drive. So it seems that the initial loading of the songs, especially the ones that I copied from my other drive never got loaded.
It sounds to me like a Database problem, as if your database already contains these files so wont let you re import them.
When you copied these files from your other drive, does the file path match the previous one. Example: If the drive you copied from was E drive does the new drive show as E ?
Or did you copy from an internal C drive to an external drive ?
Or have you just changed to a different computer and just copied your songs.mdb to the other computer ?
Old April 20th, 2016, 12:39 PM

These are all new files that I was trying to add.
In the beginning I copied from external drive that was being used by MTU 5.40.1(?) on another computer to an internal drive on new computer with the latest upgrade. Will have to check the file extension box when I get home tonight.
The new files that I was trying to add were never attached to a Hoster program.
Old July 2nd, 2016, 11:28 AM

Angry Re: Songs that have been indexed not showing up

I am also having the problem of search not finding any videos. They were imported several versions of Hoster back and always worked. Now they show up in new songbook and will play if the book ID is entered. I tried deleted all of them and reloaded. Same thing. Was running the latest Hoster but went back to 5.40.01 to try. No luck running windows 10 64 bit

Last edited by alicespig; July 2nd, 2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: forgot to inclued operating system
Old July 2nd, 2016, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicespig View Post
I am also having the problem of search not finding any videos. They were imported several versions of Hoster back and always worked. Now they show up in new songbook and will play if the book ID is entered. I tried deleted all of them and reloaded. Same thing. Was running the latest Hoster but went back to 5.40.01 to try. No luck running windows 10 64 bit
As you say they play when you enter Book Id, do you have the search filter options window on view ? in that you have to select the video button else it will skip videos.
If your not seeing the window below the search field with all the filter options right click the search button.
I attach a screen shot showing the extra search options.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg search video.jpg (322.4 KB, 15 views)
Old July 3rd, 2016, 10:25 AM

Smile Re: Songs that have been indexed not showing up

Thanks Roy. That solved my problem.
Old July 3rd, 2016, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicespig View Post
Thanks Roy. That solved my problem.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old July 25th, 2016, 10:10 PM

Well back to square one on this thread. I have the latest and greatest version and it will still not add new songs. This time it tells me: The separator characters that end the field [2] were not found in the Selected Filename. Please enter the characters (with spaces if any are present) exactly as they appear after field [2] in your Selected Filename.
My conversion program has not changed and when I check against the field set up as entered it is space - space. However, Hoster doesn't seem to recognize this. I've tried index and scan methods. Tells me there are no new files to enter.
Old July 26th, 2016, 01:57 AM

I tried loading these songs into several other hosting programs I have and they loaded with no problem. Using the same parameters that were used in MTU.
Old July 26th, 2016, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

KJK04 Sent you a private message.
Old March 7th, 2017, 02:30 AM

I feel like I am having a similar problem and was anxiously reading hoping to hear some thing I forgot to do but am still lost. I have a Dell Precision 4800 64 bit running Windows 7 Professional as my main computer. Using the \"Backup\" function I copied my info on a flash drive. and also copied my newer files. I pasted the new files in the same spot on my backup computer,a Lenovo Thinkpad 64 bit running Windows 10 Home. I then used the \"Restore\" function. Now although all the old files seem to be working, whenever I attempt to play the new ones, I get a file not found error message.

Anybody got any words of wisdom for me?
Attached Images
File Type: png file not found.PNG (24.9 KB, 5 views)
Old March 7th, 2017, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceYourEvents View Post
I feel like I am having a similar problem and was anxiously reading hoping to hear some thing I forgot to do but am still lost. I have a Dell Precision 4800 64 bit running Windows 7 Professional as my main computer. Using the \\\"Backup\\\" function I copied my info on a flash drive. and also copied my newer files. I pasted the new files in the same spot on my backup computer,a Lenovo Thinkpad 64 bit running Windows 10 Home. I then used th\\\"Restore\\\" function. Now although all the old files seem to be working, whenever I attempt to play the new ones, I get a file not found error message.

Anybody got any words of wisdom for me?\"\\\'\\\\\\"\\\\\\"\\\'\"
In the error message it shows that particular track is a .kma file. When you say you copied your newer files, did you copy the original downloaded file (Zip or MP3 +G) or the .kma file ?

When you import a file as .kma you need to copy the new kma file not the original file you downloaded from whoever.
You only need to copy the original file if you imported them as KMH types in which case you would also have to include the small header file that is created in the folder as well.

As your error message states it cant find the .kma file I suggest you need to copy that from your old Dell and paste that into the .kma folder on the Lenovo

The folder path is as shown on your error message.
Another thing I noticed in your attachment, at the bottom of the search list it shows (Lipstick Karaoke Version XYZ103???? HDZIP. is that the original file duplicated with a different Disc ID ? If so does that work ?
Or is the kma one a different manufacturer ?

Anyway see if the above solves your problem.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 7th, 2017 at 05:58 AM.
Old March 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM

Hi Roy!

I just copied the entire folders straight from the Precision 4800 and pasted it into the same spot on the Thinkpad. They work fine on the Precision but get the \"file not found\" on the Thinkpad. As for the KMA part, I believe almost everything I import now, I do it as a KMH. However, a few years ago, before I understood the difference between KMA and KMH I labeled the main folder \"KMA files\" and have them all under the year and month which they were imported. These are all under C:\\MTU\\KMA Files\\2016\\September. I would have changed the file name (KMA) to something different since it didn\'t apply anymore but was afraid it would mess up the tag that finds them.
Old March 7th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Well that file that shows in your file not found error message shows as an actual .kma file.
and the path is not ( C:\\MTU\\KMA Files\\2016\\September) as you say but C:\\MTU\\KMA\\XYZ1017-38-Runaway Jane - Lipstick.kma

I should look in the kma folder on the precision and see if that file exists there as a kma, you may have accidently imported to that folder as a kma then reimported as a kmh effectively duplicating the import.

When you say you copied the whole folder, do you mean the whole kma folder or the 2016\\September folder ?

I did ask in my previous reply that your search shows that title on the bottom line under Karaoke version, is that the same file or is a completely different version ?
Old March 7th, 2017, 12:05 PM

Sorry my replies are so slow. I am really lost with some of this stuff and having a hard time explaining what is going on.

When I initially couldn\'t get things to work, I did index things on the second system (Thinkpad), probably several times over several years. I thought that by using the \"Restore\" feature that it would cancel out any specific things I did on that 2nd computer.

I see what you mean about the file path. I do have that file under the address as I said but it must be finding a different one which I don\'t understand as I thought the \"Restore\" would point it to the same file as in the Precision 4800.

When I say I copied the folder, I mean all the way to 2016 in the C:\\MTU\\KMA Files\\2016\\September file order. Then I copied the entire 2017 folder and moved it over.

As for your last question, I am sorry but not sure I understand how to answer.