MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 22nd, 2017, 08:30 AM

Is there a way to search for all missing songs

I recently moved a folder from my main hard drive to an external drive and re-indexed but I am finding that when i pull up some songs that were saved to particular singers they are now missing. Is there a way to do a search for all songs that are listed but have no file associated with them?

Thanks in advance!
Old February 22nd, 2017, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Is there a way to search for all missing songs

When you say you re indexed, do you mean you re imported them ?

If so that could be the problem.

In the build database dialog, look down the list of folders and see if the old path is still showing where those songs were, if so select the folder and select Remove Folder.
Once you have cleared all the old ones use the add Folders button and brows to the new location make sure you are in the folder then select, that should add those back into the database.
it should tell you how many added.
when done reboot Hoster then see if they are working OK.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 13th, 2017, 08:13 AM

Roy,

Occasionally i search for a song, and it comes up and when i click add, it tells me the location and name of the song but says it cannot be located. What I am wondering is, if there is a way to display any songs that are in my search list that are actually missing so I can get rid of these or find them again. Kind of like the ! in itunes when songs are missing.
Old March 13th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I cant think of a way to search for all files that are missing.

You could do a search for folders named Quarantine if any show open them and see if there are any files in there.
If so those are probably the ones that are missing, this usually happens because of duplicated Disc Ids or Book Ids which may have occurred when you moved the folders to the external drive.

You could then either press the merge button in the index songs dialog, this will relist them with new disc ids and book ids. Trouble with that is if there are a lot it messes your printed songbook up.

What I would do first is when you get one of those messages that tells you the file cant be located, note down the file path that shows in the message, is It pointing to your old C drive ?

If it is I should look down the list of folders in the build database dialog and remove all folder there that start with the C path, doing that should remove them from the database.

Once you have done that move the files in the quarantine folders back to their original location then Rebuild the database.

Rebuilding the database should clear out missing files, when its finished rebuilding you might still get an information box telling you about duplicated files with an option to merge again. Read the messages and note how many errors and where to view them.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 16th, 2017, 04:27 PM

hey Roy, one more question. I have done a lot of clean up work for my songs for songbook, deleting songs, editing names etc. I have another computer with hoster and i would like to have all these changes updated on that computer. If I copy the KMA\'s that have been edited and add to 2nd computer and replace exisiting and rebuild database will it pick up my edits?
Old March 16th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

It should do. But what I would do.

Click on the Help, menu does your version show Backup/Restore ?
If so create the backup on a memory stick or portable drive.

Copy all the KMA files from your Good computer to the other computer making sure they follow the same File path, ie if they are on the C drive in xx folder they must be on the C drive in an identical folder of the other computer.

Then plug the drive in with the backup on, open Hoster help/backup/restore this time choose restore. This will then create a clone of the other computer.