MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 7th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Undo multiplex (remove vocals) for zip file

I purchased a song via download. I have a zip file.
The zip file contains an mp3 file and a cdg file. The song is multiplexed.
I have successfully imported via Hoster and I can play fine on Hoster - with or without vocals. Great so far.
Now I want to burn this song to cd WITHOUT the vocals. Based on what I have read (manuals and forum) I need to use VoGone to do this. Manual makes it sound easy - supposedly VoGone will recognize that it's a multiplex file and walk me through the steps.
Open VoGone, browse to select song. Maybe this is where I'm missing it - what file do I need to open? If I select 'files of type' = karaoke, I don't have a file in any of the types listed (kma, bin, mp3+g, etc). One of the file types is kma, but I don't have a kma file - hoster created a kmh file and that is not an option in vogone. I don't have a kma file.
I have a zip file (containing mp3 and cdg) - if I select this, vogone decompresses and opens just the audio mp3 file.

Vogone v.3.4, Hoster v.4.32
Thanks
cc
Old March 7th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Undo multiplex (remove vocals) for zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmcoop View Post
I purchased a song via download. I have a zip file.
The zip file contains an mp3 file and a cdg file. The song is multiplexed.
I have successfully imported via Hoster and I can play fine on Hoster - with or without vocals. Great so far.
Now I want to burn this song to cd WITHOUT the vocals. Based on what I have read (manuals and forum) I need to use VoGone to do this. Manual makes it sound easy - supposedly VoGone will recognize that it's a multiplex file and walk me through the steps.
Open VoGone, browse to select song. Maybe this is where I'm missing it - what file do I need to open? If I select 'files of type' = karaoke, I don't have a file in any of the types listed (kma, bin, mp3+g, etc). One of the file types is kma, but I don't have a kma file - hoster created a kmh file and that is not an option in vogone. I don't have a kma file.
I have a zip file (containing mp3 and cdg) - if I select this, vogone decompresses and opens just the audio mp3 file.

Vogone v.3.4, Hoster v.4.32
Thanks
cc
The CDG file is just the lyrics and doesn't contain the music. So the only file you want to modify is the MP3 (audio). Not sure that Vogone is really the way to do this. Being multiplexed means that the file has music only on one channel and music plus vocals on the other.

Are you going to use this for going to another karaoke show? If so they should have capability to handle multiplexed songs.
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:43 AM

I just want to get a karaoke version of this song onto a cd.
We have a (cd) karaoke player set up in our basement, and we'd like to have this song on disk so we can play it without having to take the laptop down, hook it all up and use hoster. (I'm still just loading cd's, I haven't yet even tried to hook up the laptop to the TV/sound system)
It's okay if the cd version is multiplex, I can use the player to turn off vocals, although ideally we would be able to have the karaoke song without vocals.

I tried burning to disk using microstudio - but result was the song with full vocals, and obviously not multiplex because our player could not remove vocals using the multiplex control.

We are not professionals - personal use only, including some family functions. I got the mtu suite so that we can protect the files (some disks are 10 yrs old now and starting to degrade), plus make it easier when we do the family gatherings. I got this one song for my husband - he will always and forever want to use a cd on our set up in the basement. It seemed that the mtu suite would allow me to do all of that - protect the songs, use laptop/hoster for traveling, and still burn cd's for our use at home on current set up.
This seems to be working, except for the multiplex files.
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:52 AM

The reason I thought Vogone was the way to go - there is a posting under Microstudio New Features requests.....posting is about multiplex...although I see now that it is from 2007.
(I search the manual and the forums and try figure it out myself before posting for help.)

You can't modify mux'd songs in Microstudio, so why do you want to play them in a way you can't write to disc? Vogone allows changing mux'd songs into un-mux'd songs, and playing them.
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM
VIP

Try the Vogone on another mp3 file, and follow the steps in order to create a bin file to save the vocally reduced file, then use KH Pro to import/write new lyrics, and produce a karaoke disc in Microstudio. It will give you some practice creating files using vogone and microstudio, and show you to what extent you can remove the original vocals. Then go tackle your multiplex download, and the manual will make more sense. I'm sure you're going to waste a few blank discs before you get to where you are comfortable using all of the MTU products. But in the end, you will appreciate all the fun ways you can use the different programs to create your own karaoke music!

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Open VoGone, browse to select song. Maybe this is where I'm missing it - what file do I need to open? If I select 'files of type' = karaoke, I don't have a file in any of the types listed (kma, bin, mp3+g, etc). One of the file types is kma, but I don't have a kma file - hoster created a kmh file and that is not an option in vogone. I don't have a kma file. I have a zip file (containing mp3 and cdg) - if I select this, vogone decompresses and opens just the audio mp3 file.
Almost right, except the "assumption" that Vogone can recognized a Mux'd song, which no program can do.

Run Vogone and YOU select the "Undo Mux" button under the Hold My Hand section on the left. This TELLS Vogone it is a Mux'd song and it will walk you through "de-muxing" it... if it is truly Mux'd.

HOWEVER... Vogone's manual defines a MUX file as containing Music on one channel, and Music+Vocals on the other. If you hear the vocals from both Left-Right speakers, this is NOT a Mux song, but a stereo song, and you can't remove the vocals with the UnMux section of Vogone.

Quote:
We have a (cd) karaoke player set up in our basement... It's okay if the cd version is multiplex, I can use the player to turn off vocals, although ideally we would be able to have the karaoke song without vocals.

I tried burning to disk using microstudio - but result was the song with full vocals, and obviously not multiplex because our player could not remove vocals using the multiplex control.
Since it isn't a Mux song, then click off the Hold My Hand "Unmux" button and click the "Vogone" button. Follow its steps and you may find that you can vocal remove this STEREO song.

Have faith, what you and your family want to do (with the exception of "non-Mux" songs) is exactly what our Suite 4 is designed for you to do.

So, don't get discouraged over one song, and as I say above, if it's a stereo song (versus a digitally remastered pre '60s song which is really monaural), you still may end up with a song without vocals.

Vogone ALSO allows you to create a true Multiplex song with Music only (vocals removed) on one channel and the Music+Vocals (original stereo channels digitally mixed so all musical instruments are present) on the other. Just choose the "Make Multiplex" in the Output Format: list box before clicking the Save As button.

The beauty of a Mux song (at least with Hoster) is that while playing a Mux song, if the Singer is getting behind, you can select the "Vocals" button (to the right of the Stereo button) and now the Singer hears the music WITH the vocals, and they can get back in sync.