MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 26th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up V2.010 - Testing 07/26/01

So sorry for the short 2.009 version. Our programmer was able to make good headway last night and made some final cosmetic upgrades for 2.010.

The problems that 3 of you reported in V2.009 will be looked at tonight and tommorw night to remove them. We are still targeting for release on Tuesday, July 31st. Looks like the final will be 2.011.
Old July 26th, 2001, 10:07 AM

Unistalled 2.009 and installed 2.010.

No problems to report.

Carried out a devoc and write file with no problems at all.
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE
Realtek AC97 On Board Audio

Laptop
Windows XP Home - Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old July 26th, 2001, 11:34 AM

Unistalled 2.008 and installed 2.010. Everything is going fine, no problems so far except see below. Everything seems to be doing what it's supposted to. Congrats Dave. Very Impressive.

In working with a number of songs I noticed that one song in particular, now matter where I put the settings, Vog1 removes more vocals than Vog2. The quality suffers lots, but less of the vocals are present in Vog1. Is this mainly an EQ thing? I mixed the vocals myself, they are center. The reverb is the main thing producing the "ghost" vocals.

The problem I'm seeing is with the Play Orig, Play Voc2, Play Voc1 buttons. I can hit PLAY, hit STOP, hit different PLAY, works fine. I also can hit PLAY, hit different PLAY (without STOP) and this works too. The first thing I noticed is that sometimes while Playing Vog2 I have to hit PLAY Orig about three times to get the playback to change. It looks like it is selecting first, then nothing then PLAY.

The above is very minor but this is where I found the following bug. Do this to re-create it: Pick a song where there is a very noticable difference between playback of Vog2 and Vog1. Click PLAY Vog2, STOP, VOG1. It works right. Now try PLAY Vog2 then PLAY Vog1 (listen), then PLAY Vo1 again. Here's what's happening:

PLAY Vog2- plays fine
PLAY Vog1- plays but is it really Vo1? Some of the time it's not.
PLAY Vog1- The real Vog1 plays

The bug is that sometimes PLAY Vog1 is displaying like it's the playback, but it's not. Keep clicking and you will hear the difference.

I just tried the above (after re-starting the program) and for a while it worked fine but I was eventually able to duplicate.

Rob
Old July 26th, 2001, 01:10 PM

So Soon

He He! Just got the last version and now I just got 2010 version and will uninstall last version and install the new one.

Jerry
Old July 26th, 2001, 02:59 PM

Succesfully devoc'd another 5 songs tonight. It gets easier and faster to use all the time.

I am having fun, found no bugs or glitches at all.

My problem I had with 2.009 has not resurfaced all is well.

I am happy
1024MB DDR RAM
256MB ATi Radeon 9800SE
Realtek AC97 On Board Audio

Laptop
Windows XP Home - Service Pack 2
Intel Celeron 2.8ghz
1gb Ram
Radeon IGP 345M
Old July 26th, 2001, 03:08 PM

LOOKS GOOD

To download and installed OK everything appears to function fine now. Will continue to monitor this forum for other testers opinions.
One side note for future features that I know at least one other tester mentioned. That is, to incorporate the loop feature to select vocal sections of the song to be processed eliminating the processing of instrumental sections of the song.
Old July 26th, 2001, 05:57 PM

Smile

Just installed version 2.010. Tab order is fine now. All attempts to crash program failed. You seem to have forseen most of the problems that can occur between the keyboard and the chair.

Great work.
Old July 26th, 2001, 08:32 PM

Thumbs up I am Testing V2.010

Wow, I was having trouble with my computer and never even got V2.009 downloaded and now another version is out. You guys are hard to keep up with. If I don't test within the first few minutes of getting a new version, a newer version comes out. Anyway, it looks like this time you've really got it. This version works really well. I played with it awhile this evening and it seems to be working just like it's supposed to. I haven't tried any of the created songs on my stereo yet, but they sound good on the computer. I'll test more tomorrow and check if I have any problems going from Play Original to Play Vog 1 to Play Vog 2 and back again like Rob reported and report back then.
Congratulations to all of you at MTU,

Peace,
Kelli
Old July 26th, 2001, 10:00 PM

Talking Is that you final answer?

Seems that all agree that the looping problem has been resolved. I have yet to crash the program but will try harder. he he. Great job with a fast fix.

Jerry
Old July 27th, 2001, 09:01 PM
VIP

v2.0.1.0

2 things to report:

1. Experienced the same problem as Rob Haines - will continue to test.
2. having used Microstudio's import tab to grab a wav file from cd, I changed the key with keyrite. No problem. However when I then worked with this file using Vogone2, it cut the wave file short by (guess) 2 seconds. Hmm. (File continues to play OK using Keyrite.)

That's all for now, can other please check also.

Both "bugs" noted above seem to only occur with one particular wav file. Unless anyone else finds this I will conclude that it is the wav file that has the bug.

After you actually write a file,t he program must be closed before you can proceed with another file. Otherwise you get a message to stop using audio or similar.

I AM GETTING THE 2ND PROBLEM IN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT WAV FILES. ACTUALLY THEY PLAY OK FIRST TIME BUT THE LONGER I LET IT PLAY (REPEAT) AND FIDDLE.......THAT'S NOT RIGHT!! IT SEEMS TO VARY - PLAYED FINE LAST TIME BUT I DIDN'T TOUCH ANYTHING. CAN'T PIN THIS ONE DOWN YET.

(LATER STILL) SONG DOES NOT PLAY IN ENTIRETY AFTER SEVERAL REPEATS IF I ACTIVATE THE REPEAT SLIDERS A FEW TIMES AND THEN LET THE SONG (EVENTUALLY) PLAY TO THE END. SUBSEQUENT PLAYINGS WILL BE OK AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING, SO I GUESS THE FILE WILL BE WRITTEN CORRECTLY EVEN THOUGH IT APPEARS TO BE CUT SHORT.

Last edited by MikeP; July 27th, 2001 at 09:45 PM.
Old July 27th, 2001, 09:24 PM

TO MIKEP

COME TO THINK OF IT, WHEN I FIRST STARTED TESTNG ON V.2.080, A PROCESSED FILE WAS CUT SHORT BUT THERE WERE MANY OTHER ISSUES SO I WROTE OFF THE CONCERN. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER HOW I ENCOUNTERED THAT RESULT, BUT I HAVE TO SAY, I HAVE NOT SEEN IT SINCE. THERE HAVE NOT BEEN ANY OTHER ABNORMALTIES BEFORE I HAVE TESTED THE V.2.010 AND, MORE IMPORTANT, THE REVISION OF MANUAL.
JOE
Old July 27th, 2001, 09:34 PM

With regard to MikeP's 2nd comment. It appears that Vogone 2 doesn't play the last 10 seconds (approximately) of the wav file. However, the file that is output is the same length as the original. I'd guess that the problem lies with the Loop End control defaults within the program code.

This is occurring with any wav file no matter what program was used to originally capture it.

P.S. Gone for the weekend. Back online late Sunday or early Monday.

Last edited by DonWhite; July 28th, 2001 at 06:21 AM.
Old July 28th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Honor Roll

Its getting hard to keep up with you guys.Testing vogone & khp with new versions coming out faster than I can test the old.I guess that means that you are serious about getting it RIGHT !!!
I had a problem with the loop feature on the last version that seems to be corrected on this new one.It wasn't unusable,but it was irritating.
And I never did experience the problems reported about saving files. This program seems to be working as expected on my system.
The only problem ( if you can call it that ) is that the program tends to freeze up if you do multiple sessions ( import & export ) without closing the program and starting over.
There should perhaps be a better way to CLOSE a project before opening a new one. This would help to eliminate any residual information from the previous project,and prevent the freeze-up.At present,it seems the only way to do this is to close the whole program and the open it again.Then import the new file you wish to work on.
Old August 14th, 2001, 06:18 PM

Been on Vacation

Oops! I just got back from vacation and saw the notice of version 2.009 KHP so I just downloaded it. Only problem is that I just noticed the thread speaking of version 2.010 so I will wait to install 2.009 and install 2.010 instead. Great vacation!

Jerry