MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:52 PM

Red face Drive Write Speed Selection

I'm just wondering why once I upgraded to the newest version of microstudio that the drop down menu for disc write speed was taken away - I find that by writing at the slower speeds the disks will read and play better especially in older karaoke players. Can you bring this back ??? Thanks
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNickieK View Post
I'm just wondering why once I upgraded to the newest version of microstudio that the drop down menu for disc write speed was taken away - I find that by writing at the slower speeds the disks will read and play better especially in older karaoke players. Can you bring this back ??? Thanks
That was a hold over control from the old settings where you had to use specific Plextor drives. Now that the communication between the drives and Microstudio is using a format that allows any drive that is capable of reading the CDGs the speed is set automaticallyand manual control doesn't work any more. The current drives actually record better at the higher settings now instead of the lower speeds.