MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Renaming Files-Those requiring sound and graphic files.

I have noticed that when I create cdg and wave file songs, that if I rename them using Microstudio 4.006 I have two problems.

1. The program renames both files but sends the cdg renamed file into my desktop and doesn't keep it in the same folder as the wave.

2. It doesn't delete the old incorrectly named cdg file.

So I have to move the correctly named cdg file back to the original folder and delete the incorrectly named cdg file.

I'm not sure if this happens with all "two file" formats. Is there some kind of "options" setting that I am missing, is this a bug in the program, or is my computer just insane?

I use xp Home
Old May 17th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Am I correct these are wav+g file pairs (.wav and .cdg)?

We've not had this reported before. We'll take a look at it to see if we can duplicate what you report.
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:57 PM

Correct

Yes, these are wav+g file pairs. I have no reason to be changing the names of the other kinds of two file pairs but I will shortly be experimenting.

Good Luck (I hope you find that I don't have to buy a new computer, but I guess you hope that I do!)
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern View Post
I have noticed that when I create cdg and wave file songs, that if I rename them using Microstudio 4.006 I have two problems.

1. The program renames both files but sends the cdg renamed file into my desktop and doesn't keep it in the same folder as the wave.

2. It doesn't delete the old incorrectly named cdg file.

So I have to move the correctly named cdg file back to the original folder and delete the incorrectly named cdg file.

I'm not sure if this happens with all "two file" formats. Is there some kind of "options" setting that I am missing, is this a bug in the program, or is my computer just insane?

I use xp Home
Jahern check to see if the cdg file (prior to renaming) is perhaps "read only"? That would cause Microstudio to not be able to overwrite it.
Old May 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM

The Setting was "archive"

That didn't do the trick but thanks for the suggestion.
I quickly did two files, one of which I removed the "archive" check mark.
I still found two new cdg's on my desktop and when I refreshed the folder in Microstudio, the two songs were missing. I will have to paste the ones from my desktop into the folder to have those songs reappear. (I can delete the original cdg's from the folder after that)
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:34 PM

laptop yields same results, Songverted wav+g too

I upgraded my microstudio on my laptop (to 4.006) and got the same results.

Now I don't know why the Beta Testers would have missed this. (If in fact they tested it)

I ran another test. I'm imagining that the beta testers would have worked with files that were originally bin but songverted to wav+g file pairs (if the renaming function was tested on wav+g pairs) My songs were originally ripped as wav+g file pairs.

I ripped a set of Bins and songverted them to wav+g. I renamed a file in Microstudio and got the same result.

Two computers, two different methods of aquiring wav+g, same result.
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Rethinking My Phraseology

When I spoke of Beta Testers "missing" something I think it would better be termed that the Beta Testers "did not receive similar results" I apologize for my choice of words, please forgive.