MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
VIP

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I can confirm Wolfgang's findings, I just imported a new Sunfly CD+G, after importing I went to the Tools/Remove silence dialog, pressed the start button and it just emitted the finished sound without going through the remove silence process. I then opened the edit dialog and removed the silence there.
Roy, I can confirm the same remove silence problem also.

Walt
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy View Post
I have tried everything from 10 to 20. There is always a skip in Audio when song starts and the Pop Hits Monthly screen in displayed. Then when lyrics start they are out of sync. The drop is shorter at 20 than at 10. Seems to be on Pop Hits Monthly as far as I can see. As I said some 4 to 5 years ago I remember having problem with that brand of Karaoke. Seems I can't always duplicate the slowing down problem I am having, but I reinstalled 505 until I can figure out. Loaded Hoster 506 on desktop and it seems I do not get the audio drop at beginning of song. Don't if it is because desktop is Windows 7 and Laptops are windows XP. Will have to keep testing. Thanks for reply.
Big Daddy,

I have only 1 Pop Hits Monthly disk that has been imported as a KMA.

I attempted to run a couple of songs in Remove Silence Mode and Regular Mode and cannot duplicate your problem. (My laptop has Windows 7)

Maybe someone who is running XP will see this and know of a fix.

Wish I could do more.

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy View Post
I have tried everything from 10 to 20. There is always a skip in Audio when song starts and the Pop Hits Monthly screen in displayed. Then when lyrics start they are out of sync. The drop is shorter at 20 than at 10. Seems to be on Pop Hits Monthly as far as I can see. As I said some 4 to 5 years ago I remember having problem with that brand of Karaoke. Seems I can't always duplicate the slowing down problem I am having, but I reinstalled 505 until I can figure out. Loaded Hoster 506 on desktop and it seems I do not get the audio drop at beginning of song. Don't if it is because desktop is Windows 7 and Laptops are windows XP. Will have to keep testing. Thanks for reply.
Just an idea, in the remove silence dialog, do you have any time set for before audio starts. If not try 2 seconds, see if that helps.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM

I have 2 computers running XP and have the same audio drop problem, but instllaed Hoster on desktop with Windows 7 and does not have problem. Now I reinstalled 505 on laptops to do show last night and every song was skipping and out of sync. Changed to other laptop computer and had same problem. Been using Hoster since 2004 and have had little bugs once in awhile but they always get them fixed and I know that will be the case here. I always carry my disks to do show if needed after a major upgrade, saved me last night.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelley3 View Post
I have also been experiencing “garbled” music starts for songs. It is just on the first few notes (usually) and it has been happening if I have adjusted the “tempo” of the song. I love Hoster and know this will get fixed and I am reporting it for an FYI to Admin. (Yes, I have made all the setting requirements.) Running Windows 7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Great news! Problem resolved! Thanks to a tip from Roy, I went into the tools menu, remove silence, and at the bottom entered 2 seconds delay before a song starts. All the garbled music disappears. I also installed 5.06 on my backup computer which is running xp. It was worse than the first computer but when I added the 2 second delay before a songs starts as mentioned above the problems are gone. Life is good and thanks to Roy I was pointed in the right direction to try this.
tkelly3 and Walt, please change your delay from 2 seconds to 1 second and post back if that works just as well. We think it will, but need you to verify this for us - we cannot duplicate this garbling.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Do you think those three will make it to 5.07 or at least 5.01? Just curious.
Bryant, Thank You for locating the back posts for us. We're swamped and that really was appreciated!

These three (with how to duplicate them) are in our spec to address in 5.07. However... if they can't be fixed quickly, they will be shifted to a future release.

Our PRIMARY concern is the crashing and volume reducing over several songs. We need a FIX for these now!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Re: Hoster 506.03 MS Word/Songbook Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbealo View Post
My songbook generates a duplicate phrase whenever an "&" is used in the data base. Thus, "Brooks and Dunn" becomes "Brooks & Dunn and Dunn" and "Bob Marly & The Wailers" becomes Bob Marly & The Wailers & The Wailers". This is only a "Artist" problem. It does not hold true for "&'s" used in titles. It is also not true for all "Artist's" with an "&" in the name, but it is true enough to cause an extra 23 pages in a 12K song songbook.

I am using MS Word from Office 2003 on a AMD AM3 4Core CPU with 12GB and a ASUS MOBO with Video and Sound on the board. The program worked great from day one following your directons to set up my computer.

I looked at the data in the DB and everything was fine, no duplicate phrases. I never saw this in earlier versions of Hoster on this same computer, using the same Word version. I "think" this might be caused by a directive in Access when converting to Word. I can work around this by changing all the "&'s" to +, but I really don't want to do this. I already tried it with "Brooks + Dunn" and it worked. I used the Hoster song editor to change it.

I am not printing new songbooks this week, so I am not in a rush to take care of this.

You guys and gals have a great product here and I know folks who try to hold shows using other programs, but nothing is on par with Hoster. Customers who have problems and resort to threats about leaving MTU for another companies products are short on brain cells. Thanks for a Superior product. Robert Bealo
Thanks for reporting this Robert!

I have added it to the 5.07 spec to address. I expect we may have to add some "escape" character before/after each "&" in the RTF file so Word behaves.

We may need your help to test this as we don't have Office 2003 to test with.

It's strange that only Artist fields exhibit this, and the same "&" in Titles doesn't.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:00 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
tkelly3 and Walt, please change your delay from 2 seconds to 1 second and post back if that works just as well. We think it will, but need you to verify this for us - we cannot duplicate this garbling.
Ok admin. Read carefully. If I cut it back from 2 seconds to 1 second delay the problem still exists in some songs. However (IMPORTANT) If I DO NOT use key change then there is no problem even if the delay is set to 0. I believe I mentioned this before but if not, I hope this helps you isolate the problem. It seems to me that the garbled sound I hear for just a moment is the key change being implemented when the song starts. This is true in both of my laptops, one running xp and the other running vista.

Walt
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
Sorry if I insulted anyone, but I was a bit upset at the time I posted about this issue.

After I did a system restore back to a previous version it worked fine. But it had all the triple clicking issues. So, when you guys "fixed" the triple clicking thing, I gave it another shot.

And by the way, this is a new computer as of Jan 2012. And I have run many versions of this software and prefer to keep using it.

But here we go again, after using this fixed upgrade for about a week, last night about 45 min. from the end of show, the audio started fading out slowly. I had to keep turning up the level on my board until about 55 mins. later it had faded almost to nothing. The audio on the computer works fine when listening to you tube or music cd's. When I try to stop a song in Hoster, the fade out takes much longer than before and causes a (not responding) until the audio is gone and then the (not responding) goes away and everything seems to work except the sound. I want to continue using this program, so any help you can offer would be great.
No insult... and Welcome Back!

In the future, please try to keep the emotions out when you post. They don't help solve the problem.

From your facts, and those of others reporting on the volume level dropping, we FINALLY identified the problem!

If you click Stop (or Ctrl+Spacebar) while a song is fading out, but before the fade is done, several things combined to create the "random" dropping volume level:

1. Say your Fade Out setting is 5, and you stop play after 3 seconds of fade. The "song end" will happen in 2 seconds.

2. However, the fade out on the Stop operation is the same as the Playlist, which for my example is 5 seconds.

3. Thus, only 2 seconds remain until the song "file" ends playing, but the Stop fade continues playing the fade for 5 seconds. Not good!

4. The Windows volume slider (whichever it is ) was dropping down as the original fade happened, but when stopped it faded no further.

5. When the file end was reached, there was an undefined pseudo-crash that did not reset the volume slider back to its initial setting.

6. Thus, the volume slider was left somewhat lower than when started. This also "appeared" to be a random amount, based on how fast you clicked the Stop button once the song Fade Out started; the faster you clicked, the less the volume drop happened for "that song", which is why some users reported 45 minutes before the volume was 0%.

We identified this sequence and the code fix may be done by tomorrow AM.

We would have never identified this "multi-step randomized mess" without everyone's factual feedback.

Great Job by EVERYONE!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stritti View Post
Remove silence:
When I import new songs the remove silence command does not show any new songs to run. When I rebuild completely the song DB then the new songs are detected and the remove silent command works on the new files. When I add again new songs again no new songs are detected to remove silence only when I rebuild again the database. Am I doing something wrong here?

Greetings from Germany.
Wolfgang
Quote:
Originally Posted by stritti View Post
I'm importing BIN files (previously imported from CDG by Microstudio and ZIP files purchased by SUNFLY). When pressing the START bottom in the remove silence dialog I get no number of unprocessed files only if I rebuild the song DB then the number of new imported files appears and the silence is removed from the new imported files. This did not happen in previous version 5.05. Maybe I cannot tell you my problem in the right words due to my bad English.
Your English is excellent, and we understand your reported problem.

It is clear that something in 5.06 "degraded" and must be fixed. I have added it to the 5.07 spec to be done. I think this will take a short time, so I currently expect it will be in 5.07 when it releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I can confirm Wolfgang's findings, I just imported a new Sunfly CD+G, after importing I went to the Tools/Remove silence dialog, pressed the start button and it just emitted the finished sound without going through the remove silence process. I then opened the edit dialog and removed the silence there.
Thanks Roy! As you might imagine, when we added Tempo, we had to massively rewrite the Remove Silence command code. Your input that the Edit Silence operation is working as expected will aid our finding and fixing the RS command problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatrobot View Post
I am having the similar problem about remove silence. I noticed now since I upgrade to 5.0.6 no matter how many new songs I imported (I import zip files) when I click on start for remove silence it always process 34 files. It does not matter I imported one or 100 songs.
It used to be able to process the number of new songs I imported but not any more since I upgrade to 5.0.6
Maybe there is some other tricks I need to perform?
Interesting... very interesting fact here. We will look for this "34" majic number. We never know what "fact" ends up revealing the errant code for us.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Ok admin. Read carefully. If I cut it back from 2 seconds to 1 second delay the problem still exists in some songs. However (IMPORTANT) If I DO NOT use key change then there is no problem even if the delay is set to 0. I believe I mentioned this before but if not, I hope this helps you isolate the problem. It seems to me that the garbled sound I hear for just a moment is the key change being implemented when the song starts. This is true in both of my laptops, one running xp and the other running vista.

Walt
Great feedback.This fact is in opposition to what we were considering as a fix.

We'll now shift to searching Tempo and Key Change for the cause.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:45 PM
VIP

Quote:
No insult... and Welcome Back!

In the future, please try to keep the emotions out when you post. They don't help solve the problem.

From your facts, and those of others reporting on the volume level dropping, we FINALLY identified the problem!

If you click Stop (or Ctrl+Spacebar) while a song is fading out, but before the fade is done, several things combined to create the "random" dropping volume level:

1. Say your Fade Out setting is 5, and you stop play after 3 seconds of fade. The "song end" will happen in 2 seconds.

2. However, the fade out on the Stop operation is the same as the Playlist, which for my example is 5 seconds.

3. Thus, only 2 seconds remain until the song "file" ends playing, but the Stop fade continues playing the fade for 5 seconds. Not good!

4. The Windows volume slider (whichever it is ) was dropping down as the original fade happened, but when stopped it faded no further.

5. When the file end was reached, there was an undefined pseudo-crash that did not reset the volume slider back to its initial setting.

6. Thus, the volume slider was left somewhat lower than when started. This also "appeared" to be a random amount, based on how fast you clicked the Stop button once the song Fade Out started; the faster you clicked, the less the volume drop happened for "that song", which is why some users reported 45 minutes before the volume was 0%.

We identified this sequence and the code fix may be done by tomorrow AM.

We would have never identified this "multi-step randomized mess" without everyone's factual feedback.

Great Job by EVERYONE!
I would like to ask you to investigate the "Restart" button. When it happened to me - when I clicked "Play" and there was no Volume, I immediately clicked "Stop" (because there was no volume). It did not play for more than a few seconds. The only thing I remember doing was to "Restart" a previous song, something I rarely do. I usually Stop a song right away if a Singer is not ready. My fade-out is set at 2.0 and I rarely ever stop a song just before it ends. When I'm doing the singing, I do occasionally click the next Song to Play, which of course fades out the currently playing song. Would that be the same as Stopping a song during it's fade-out?
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Slow response with 5.06

I have a number of problems, but will just cover one here. Have a new Laptop and installed Hoster 5.05 and since upgraded to 5.06. When I open Hoster, it takes 1:45 minute to open. The Playlist that it opens contains 55 hours of music. If I open a Playlist with only 47 minutes of music, it takes :47 seconds.

If I change playlists to one which has 13 hours of music, it first says ‘Not Responding’ then takes :50 seconds to open.

The playlist was developed using Hoster 3.321 and works on other laptops using Hoster 3.316.

Microstudio, KHPro, Vogone and Keyrite all open immediately.

HP 2000 Laptop
Win7 Premium SP1
8GB Ram 64-bit OS
320 GB Hard Drive
1TB External HD-Seagate
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Slow response with 5.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster1936 View Post
I have a number of problems, but will just cover one here. Have a new Laptop and installed Hoster 5.05 and since upgraded to 5.06. When I open Hoster, it takes 1:45 minute to open. The Playlist that it opens contains 55 hours of music. If I open a Playlist with only 47 minutes of music, it takes :47 seconds.

If I change playlists to one which has 13 hours of music, it first says ‘Not Responding’ then takes :50 seconds to open.

The playlist was developed using Hoster 3.321 and works on other laptops using Hoster 3.316.

Microstudio, KHPro, Vogone and Keyrite all open immediately.

HP 2000 Laptop
Win7 Premium SP1
8GB Ram 64-bit OS
320 GB Hard Drive
1TB External HD-Seagate
I have moved you post to the thread for Hoster 5.06 bug reports.
First thing that comes to mind is are you running an anti-virus program that uses a real-time check of files? This can slow down files opening.
When you opened these was it the first time you opened them or is this every time you open them.
I also would be concerned with the length of these files as 55 hours worth of music in one playlist does seem to be an excessive amount and would make for a very large files. If the last playlist you had open was the 55 hour one, then I could understand Hoster taking a long time to open.
One thing you can try to speed up the opening is to defragment your drive. Even if it is a new drive it may need defragmenting as Microsofts installation of Windows and subsequent updates has never been a clean install.
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Thanks for your reply. I am running AVG2012 on this HP 2000 computer, and also on an 8 year old HP 4000 computer, and an Acer Aspire 7741Z. The Acer and this new computer are almost indentical, running Win7 Premium, 64-Bit, with external 1TB hard drive. The big difference is that the other computers are running 3.321 and 3.316.

I never upgarded all these years, because I believe, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The old programs worked great for me, and the only reason I'm upgrading now is for the "Tempo Change" feature. Otherwise I'd stick with what I have.

The play lists are all very big and open in less than 4 seconds on the other computers. Even the playlists that are 71 hours. I have about 80 playlists and have 5 or 6 open at all times. My playlist are setup mainly by genre. I have: 50's and 60's = 71 hours all alphabetically and keyed with the best arrangement of the song. I have "Oldies" = 21 hours, "Frank Sinatra" = 15 hours, "Country" = 37 hours and a typical customer, "St Andrews CC" = 16 hours. I don't have to select the best version when someone wants it, I have already made that decision for them. I also sing and take requests at nursing homes and during dinners at restaurants.

I have defraged the Drive also.
Old April 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM
VIP

Quote:
Bryant, Thank You for locating the back posts for us. We're swamped and that really was appreciated!

These three (with how to duplicate them) are in our spec to address in 5.07. However... if they can't be fixed quickly, they will be shifted to a future release.

Our PRIMARY concern is the crashing and volume reducing over several songs. We need a FIX for these now!
Great, thanx. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Old April 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Re: Hoster 5.07 Beta 1 - Test With Us!

Hoster 5.07 Beta 1 Fixes and Changes

This is Beta 1 and we have MORE changes coming.

Here are the changes:
  1. NEW - Installer For Beta Testing - This ONLY installs Hoster507b1setup.exe on a computer with Hoster installed. It adds two new Hoster “BETA” icons on the desktop; 1 for running, 1 for uninstalling. This allows you to retain your installed Hoster.exe and choose which to run.

2. NEW - Added “Hawaiian” Genre

3. CHANGED - Words Search Now Allows a Word to be ONE Character - In prior and this version we still allow a single character to be entered to search with it as the first character to match. Searching for "Lady G" will now find "Lady Gaga".

4. CHANGED - Tools Menu "Reset Displays" Command - This now forces these dialogs/screens to open on the 1st Monitor along with the Hoster screen.
    1. Hoster Screen
    2. Search dialog
    3. Singers dialog [attached to Search]
    4. Edit Singers Database dialog
    5. Edit Songs dialog
    6. Instabuttons dialog
    7. Show Display dialog
    8. Show [Singers/Audience] Display
    9. Background Audio Player dialog
    10. Marquee dialog

These displays will always "reappear" when they get hidden, or... when they were on the 2nd Monitor and it is not attached, leaving their "persistent" location outside the 1st Monitor.

5. RESTORED - Search Dialog - Singers Open Folder Icon - Just like before, this shows or hides the Singer dialog so everyone can be happy!

6. FIXED - Volume No Longer Progressively Goes Silent - WOW... this was a "double-banger" that we never, ever considered users would do!
    If you set a (Playlist) Fade Out in Tools Menu > Audio Controls, THEN click; Skip, Stop, Restart, or the Random Play (yellow play) button BEFORE the fade ends, the End-Of-File is encountered before the Fade Out computing ON THESE BUTTONS finished. This caused; crashing, locking up, or acting erratically... and is now fixed.

7. FIXED - Tools > Audio Control Now Defaults to "10" - We fixed the reason it was defaulting to "0" on a new or upgrade install.

8. FIXED - Search & Singer Dialogs Now Restore Correctly - KOD: When I minimize the Search + Singers dialogs and double click it, it opens the Singers dialog by itself, but you can't minimize or close it without opening the Search + Singers dialogs again and closing or minimizing it!

We changed the Search-Singers list so it now minimizes to the Task Bar instead of onto the Desktop (hidden by a full screen program.

NOTE: Restoring either Search or Singer dialog will show both of them again.

9. FIXED - CRASH Running Two Copies of Hoster - With 2 databases and multiple Registry Keys shared between multiple running copies of Hoster, it's a disaster waiting to happen! You can now only run one instance of Hoster at a time.
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:28 AM
VIP

Quote:
  1. new - Installer For Beta Testing - This Only Installs Hoster507b1setup.exe on A Computer With Hoster Installed. It Adds Two New Hoster “beta” Icons On The Desktop; 1 For Running, 1 For Uninstalling. This Allows You To Retain Your Installed Hoster.exe And Choose Which To Run.
    Confirmed

2. new - Added “hawaiian” Genre
    Confirmed

3. changed - Words Search Now Allows A Word To Be One Character - In Prior And This Version We Still Allow A Single Character To Be Entered To Search With It As The First Character To Match. Searching For "lady G" Will Now Find "lady Gaga".
    Confirmed

4. changed - Tools Menu "reset Displays" Command - This Now Forces These Dialogs/screens To Open On The 1st Monitor Along With The Hoster Screen.
    1. hoster Screen
    2. search Dialog
    3. singers Dialog [attached To Search]
    4. edit Singers Database Dialog
    5. edit Songs Dialog
    6. instabuttons Dialog
    7. show Display Dialog
    8. show [singers/audience] Display
    9. background Audio Player Dialog
    10. marquee Dialog

These Displays Will Always "reappear" When They Get Hidden, Or... When They Were On The 2nd Monitor And It Is Not Attached, Leaving Their "persistent" Location Outside The 1st Monitor.

Ok - Mine Opened Correctly, Didn't Experience This

5. restored - Search Dialog - Singers Open Folder Icon - Just Like Before, This Shows Or Hides The Singer Dialog So Everyone Can Be Happy!
    Unsure Of This - Does The Same Thing As Selecting Singer From Dropdown List.

6. fixed - Volume No Longer Progressively Goes Silent - Wow... This Was A "double-banger" That We Never, Ever Considered Users Would Do!
    If You Set A (playlist) Fade Out In Tools Menu > Audio Controls, Then Click; Skip, Stop, Restart, Or The Random Play (yellow Play) Button Before The Fade Ends, The End-of-file Is Encountered Before The Fade Out Computing On These Buttons Finished. This Caused; Crashing, Locking Up, Or Acting Erratically... And Is Now Fixed.
    I Ran The Test As Written And Still Experienced Issues. When Stopped Playing Track And Immediately Hit The Play While Selecting Next Track Still Acted Strangely. Playing Song Did Not Stop But, Display Went Black---faded All The Way To Nothing But, Did Not Start Next Track--acted Like It Was Crashing But Finally Started First Track Playing Again.

7. fixed - Tools > Audio Control Now Defaults To "10" - We Fixed The Reason It Was Defaulting To "0" On A New Or Upgrade Install.
    Will Test On Another Computer And Let You Know

8. fixed - Search & Singer Dialogs Now Restore Correctly - Kod: When I Minimize The Search + Singers Dialogs And Double Click It, It Opens The Singers Dialog By Itself, But You Can't Minimize Or Close It Without Opening The Search + Singers Dialogs Again And Closing Or Minimizing It!

We Changed The Search-singers List So It Now Minimizes To The Task Bar Instead Of Onto The Desktop (hidden By A Full Screen Program.

Ok - Strange Results. If Click On X Does Nothing, If Click On _ Minimize It Flashes And If Hit _ Minimize Again It Does Minimize To Taskbar. Same Result If Hit On Maximize Icon.

note: Restoring Either Search Or Singer Dialog Will Show Both Of Them Again.
    Confirmed

9. fixed - Crash Running Two Copies Of Hoster - With 2 Databases And Multiple Registry Keys Shared Between Multiple Running Copies Of Hoster, It's A Disaster Waiting To Happen! You Can Now Only Run One Instance Of Hoster At A Time.
    Confirmed
See Above
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Thank you for your feedback so quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznetbear View Post
5. restored - Search Dialog - Singers Open Folder Icon - Just Like Before, This Shows Or Hides The Singer Dialog So Everyone Can Be Happy!
Unsure Of This - Does The Same Thing As Selecting Singer From Dropdown List.
When you click this icon in the Search dialog, the Singers Songs dialog should appear or disappear. It SHOULD be like it used to work. I will test further today, and if it doesn't work as this, we'll fix it.

Quote:
6. fixed - Volume No Longer Progressively Goes Silent - Wow... This Was A "double-banger" That We Never, Ever Considered Users Would Do!
If You Set A (playlist) Fade Out In Tools Menu > Audio Controls, Then Click; Skip, Stop, Restart, Or The Random Play (yellow Play) Button Before The Fade Ends, The End-of-file Is Encountered Before The Fade Out Computing On These Buttons Finished. This Caused; Crashing, Locking Up, Or Acting Erratically... And Is Now Fixed.

I Ran The Test As Written And Still Experienced Issues. When Stopped Playing Track And Immediately Hit The Play While Selecting Next Track Still Acted Strangely. Playing Song Did Not Stop But, Display Went Black---faded All The Way To Nothing But, Did Not Start Next Track--acted Like It Was Crashing But Finally Started First Track Playing Again.
I don't understand. If you set a 5 second fade out for the Playlist, then play any song, and when you hear the fade start (or wait a 2-3 seconds to click) and click Skip, Stop, Restart or yellow Play button, then the volume would be lowered. To do what you describe here, you must FIRST select a different song, and THEN click the yellow Play button to jump to it. You state you are clicking the yellow Play button and THEN selecting a new song. That's two separate operations, and I could believe Hoster could get confused. If I'm not interpreting what you wrote, please describe it better for me to understand.

Quote:
8. fixed - Search & Singer Dialogs Now Restore Correctly - Kod: When I Minimize The Search + Singers Dialogs And Double Click It, It Opens The Singers Dialog By Itself, But You Can't Minimize Or Close It Without Opening The Search + Singers Dialogs Again And Closing Or Minimizing It!
We Changed The Search-singers List So It Now Minimizes To The Task Bar Instead Of Onto The Desktop (hidden By A Full Screen Program.

Ok - Strange Results. If Click On X Does Nothing, If Click On _ Minimize It Flashes And If Hit _ Minimize Again It Does Minimize To Taskbar. Same Result If Hit On Maximize Icon.
Lonman and KenKelly reported this not working correctly either. We clearly need to diagnose and fix this. It SHOULD work like any dialog box with minimize-maximize-close buttons at the upper right. Thanks for your report!
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Hi Guys.

I experienced immediate break up of audio files after loading 5.06, eventually it deteriorated during the show to the point that Hoster crashed everytime I hit the "Skip" button (Ticket: [34400-3921041933]). So switched to backup laptop.

I reinstalled 5.05 and it is working fine now.

I have tried the B1 and B2 versions - but still experiencing the same audio break up with both of them.

Let me know if you need me to test.

Hang in there

Tom
Closed Thread