MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 17th, 2016, 06:30 AM

Upgrade to 541.05

Last night I paid for the 541.05 upgrade. I have 541.04 installed and functioning fine. I went to the download link, and saved the hoster541.05setup.exe file in the same location with the other hostersetup files I've accrued over the years. When I ran it, it picked up my information regarding pc, user, code, etc and I selected "Upgrade" and the installer ran and opened Hoster. But, unlike the many versions before, it shows no songs. Why is that? Previous versions always installed fine. Now, there are two Hoster icons on my desktop. One goes to my fully functioning 541.04, the other opens up the crippled 541.05. How do I fix the 541.05 to see all my songfiles. And will I have to repeat this process every time I upgrade? It's very cumbersome compared to the old seamless method.

Forgot to add- I went to 541.04 and clicked "backup & Restore", but when I choose the file location and hit backup, I get an error message "A required privilege is not held by the client".
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Upgrade to 541.05

I've never seen either of your posted problems before.
It should have replaced your existing version as it always did in the past.

Was your existing version open at the same time as you were installing the upgrade ?
Do you always install to the default location ?

First of can open the build database dialog and check the left hand bottom window shows the list of all your song paths and if so that the correct paths are listed.

If it's empty check the same on your previous version.

If that all looks OK try rebuilding the database on the newest instal.
Only other suggestion would be to delete the original setup.exe file and download the installer and run it again.

Regarding your Backup/Restore have you used it successfully before ?

Where are you backing it up to ?
If your trying to backup to a skydrive that might be an issue try backing it up to a local usb drive.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I've never seen either of your posted problems before.
It should have replaced your existing version as it always did in the past.

Was your existing version open at the same time as you were installing the upgrade ? No
Do you always install to the default location ? Yes

First of can open the build database dialog and check the left hand bottom window shows the list of all your song paths and if so that the correct paths are listed.

If it's empty check the same on your previous version. It is empty on the new version, all the folders are present in the old version.
If that all looks OK try rebuilding the database on the newest instal.

Only other suggestion would be to delete the original setup.exe file and download the installer and run it again.

Regarding your Backup/Restore have you used it successfully before ? Have not used it before.

Where are you backing it up to ? The C drive- not an external.If your trying to backup to a skydrive that might be an issue try backing it up to a local usb drive.
It's also interesting that both version still have shortcuts on the desktop, and both execute, but if I go to Control Panel:Programs and Features only a single instance of Hoster shows up.
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

I wonder if the Hoster.exe files have installed to two different places.
Right click on the shortcut and select properties, The target window should read "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Hoster.exe"
Does it show the same path in each shortcut ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

The Backup/Restore are you accessing it from the Tools menu/Help/Backup/Restore. ?

Or from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster folder? Only it won't backup if executing it from here. I think that will only restore a previous backup.
You must use the option from within Hoster to backup.
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I wonder if the Hoster.exe files have installed to two different places.
Right click on the shortcut and select properties, The target window should read "C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Hoster.exe"
Does it show the same path in each shortcut ?
Nope- the previous version is installed in C:\ProgramData\mtu.com\Hoster and the new installed in C:\MTU
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
The Backup/Restore are you accessing it from the Tools menu/Help/Backup/Restore. ?

Or from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster folder? Only it won't backup if executing it from here. I think that will only restore a previous backup.
You must use the option from within Hoster to backup.
I was executing it from the Tools menu.
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:52 AM

So I uninstalled the new version, and reinstalled the new version to the same folder where 5.404 was. The overwrote the 5.404 version so now both Hoster icons on the desktop executed 5.405. The songfiles all came over, but the instabuttons and configuration from 5.404 did not- it remembered the songs in the cue and the songfiles from the previous install of 5.405.
Oh well. It's now working with a single instance of Hoster, so I'll just go reinstall my instabuttons and set up my configuration again.
Old November 17th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

One thing that could cause backup problems and not seeing your instabuttons is if you are not running as Administrator.

Find your Hoster.exe file to find the correct one Right click on your Hoster shortcut again then Properties then open file location, right click the Hoster.exe file then select Run as Administrator. Or to make sure it's permanent Select properties after right clicking Hoster.exe then Compatability then tick the box there for run this progame as administrator.

Then see if the backup restore feature works.