MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 28th, 2014, 02:56 PM

sound garble when changing keys

Anybody had problems with sound garbling when changing keys. I we only noticed this problem lately when we did recording. Whatever keys changed, sound garble and sound not clear. Main computer and player computer has the same problem. I'm using V5.30. Hope somebody can help me with this one. I did all the tips that I can get from this forum regarding sound problem but no solution at all. I'm might be downgrading to old version if no remedy for this..
Old September 29th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: sound garble when changing keys

Are you only noticing this while recording ?
If so are you recording through the computers sound card or an external recorder ?

If recording through the computers sound card, what sort of connection setup do you have ?

Example: are you coming from the record out of a mixer into your line in on your computer or the mike in.
If you can explain the setup I will try to copy it myself to test.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM

Let's forget recording not to confuse you. even we're playing, the sound garbled or should i say rumbled. I have no problem before and never noticed it when my friend mentioned this to me. Normal key setting (0) is fine except when key changed... It's not a big deal for me but better to submit this for a solution and for the other people using hoster. Both computer is windows 7 and working fine except for that one problem..
Old September 29th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried switching of tempo mode ?
If you go to Tools/Tempo Mode and select "Normal play mode" does this setting improve the sound for key change ?
Admitted you will lose the tempo function with this setting but just see if there is an improvement.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 29th, 2014, 11:21 AM

I did try switching Tempo to normal mode, too..Try drop out setting from lower to higher number. And before I submit this issue, I already did a lot of tweaking, so my last chance is to use older version and see what happen..
Old September 29th, 2014, 02:56 PM
VIP

It's a digital key changer, there is no getting away from the little warble that is experienced. I hear it too when I change keys (this goes back to the days of discs & players). More predominant lowering a key and worsens the lower it goes. Especially in the lower frequencies going through a nice 1000 watt sub - you can REALLY hear the warble.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old September 29th, 2014, 08:11 PM

Normally, this is a big concern for everybody using this program..I am using an alternate karaoke program and i don't have this problem. So, for me, If this is a problem, why not removed it from hoster. If we cannot use it properly, what's the point of putting it in.. I cannot buy that this is because of digital technology. I don't have this problem before, so i think we need to fix this.
Old August 29th, 2016, 05:19 PM

I do see that these posts are almost two years old (it's now Aug 2016), but this is the first time I've visited the Hoster forum to see if others experience "warbling" when changing keys in Hoster. I understand that Hoster uses a digital key change technology, but KeyRite is also digital and seems to work just fine. For my own stuff, I sometimes change the key before importing a song into Hoster, but this is not feasible for on-the-fly key changes. Is it possible to use the same algorithm in Hoster as we have in KeyRite? Or are there other ways to eliminate warbling? Could it be sound-card dependent?
Old September 13th, 2016, 09:29 PM

Thumbs up Re: sound garble when changing keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Man View Post
I understand that Hoster uses a digital key change technology, but KeyRite is also digital and seems to work just fine. Is it possible to use the same algorithm in Hoster as we have in KeyRite?
Retro Man - Thanks for this post. The Hoster key change 'warble/sound artefacts' have concerned me for years. I just this moment tried a couple of the usual problem tracks using KeyRite and the key change does indeed work fine. So I agree that there is a glitch in Hoster. Really happy to learn of the KeyRite work around.
Old December 18th, 2016, 06:06 PM

I have complained about this for 3 years and was told every time I spoke with someone that no one else is reporting this problem. Not only is it still not fixed I just downloaded the new hoster version and it does from song to song without playing music or showing lyrics. Very frustrating program.

Hawkman
Old December 18th, 2016, 07:22 PM

I share with your frustrations. i still have the problem but I'm using a different software now and I'm much happier. I think mtu gave up on this problem so i gave up too. Hope you can find a solution for it.
Old December 19th, 2016, 05:47 PM

Thanks for responding, so your not having problems with key change on the software your using now? Can you give me the name of the software you are using now.
Old December 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM
VIP

Hey guys, here is something to look at if you are using remove silence. Try editing the song beginning in the edit page. Often the remove silence implements changes slightly too late and the garble effect will happen as the songs starts. If you change the setting at the beginning of the song to a lower setting it most likely will clear up what you are describing. In other words if your beginning setting is, for example 4.0, try changing it to 3.0. Experiment with the setting until you get a clear start time with the audio. If you aren't using "remove silence" then this isn't your answer but key changes with remove silence seems to make this issue more glaring. Hope this helps.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.