MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old March 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM

Trouble with Hoster and MTU-Certified USB DVD Burner

I purchased and just received a MTU-certified, USB DVD+R Burner. Using Hoster 432.03, I cannot get it to import CDG discs on either Windows XP or Windows Vista. The drive is recognized by both laptops and audio CDs will play fine.

When I try to import a track, the "Preparing to Import" dialog box appears and hangs there. The only way to get out of that situation is to power off the external drive.

On both laptops I have applied all Windows updates, including the optional ones. I did not see any firmware updates on LITEON's web site.

The discs I have tried to import include Sound Choice 8666 and Monster Hits 1068.

Thoughts?
Old March 12th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Trouble with Hoster and MTU-Certified USB DVD Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swang View Post
I purchased and just received a MTU-certified, USB DVD+R Burner (LITEON). Using Hoster 432.03, I cannot get it to import CDG discs on either Windows XP or Windows Vista. The drive is recognized by both laptops and audio CDs will play fine.

When I try to import a track, the "Preparing to Import" dialog box appears and hangs there. The only way to get out of that situation is to power off the external drive.

On both laptops I have applied all Windows updates, including the optional ones. I did not see any firmware updates on LITEON's web site.

The discs I have tried to import include Sound Choice 8666 and Monster Hits 1068.
Thoughts?
Have you tried anything else? Are these discs scratched or dirty?
Did you install any hardware optional upgrades from Microsoft?
Did you set that drive as the default drive for Hoster (rather than the internal drive)?
Old March 12th, 2011, 08:33 AM

>> Have you tried anything else? Are these discs scratched or dirty?

I have tried a few other Top Tunes CDG discs. They are all in good condition.

>> Did you install any hardware optional upgrades from Microsoft?

The only hardware update I applied was for the modem on my XP laptop.

>> Did you set that drive as the default drive for Hoster (rather than the internal drive)?

Yes, the drive is set as the default drive for Hoster. The result is always the same... stuck at the Preparing to Import... dialog box. BTW according to Device Manager the LITEON drive is the iHAS424.

Thanks!

Last edited by swang; March 12th, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old March 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

A long shot but try a different connecting usb cable also try plugging in to an alternative usb port if you have more than one.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 12th, 2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
A long shot but try a different connecting usb cable also try plugging in to an alternative usb port if you have more than one.
I'll try both ideas, thanks!

I'm also thinking about trying the demo version of Microstudio to see what happens.
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:22 PM

I tried another USB cable and a different USB port with no luck.

The demo version of Microstudio did not work either - it would read the disc and list the tracks, but hang at "Preparing File..." during the import process.

I have opened a support ticket.
Old March 12th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swang View Post
I tried another USB cable and a different USB port with no luck.

The demo version of Microstudio did not work either - it would read the disc and list the tracks, but hang at "Preparing File..." during the import process.

I have opened a support ticket.
By preparing to import or preparing files tells me the computer is recognizing the drive is there, but apparently isn't reading the file. If you let it go for a while I am sure it would time out. So yes could be a bad drive and the support ticket is the way to go on this now.