MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:20 AM

Microstudio application has stopped working

i have a packard bell tower pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system, occasionally i find microstudio 4.23 hanging for short periods of time. however it now has started not to open when i click the shortcut icon, to start the programme. When it does open and i click on write a disc i get the message "Microstudio application has stopped working" the only thing i can do is shut the programme down. i also have the full mtu package video hoster - Vogone - keyright - KHPro - songverter and all these progs open and work ok could some one please help as i thought it was the programme so i updated at a cost and it is still the same

yours hopefully Zilda
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Microstudio application has stopped working

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilda View Post
i have a packard bell tower pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit operating system, occasionally i find microstudio 4.23 hanging for short periods of time. however it now has started not to open when i click the shortcut icon, to start the programme. When it does open and i click on write a disc i get the message "Microstudio application has stopped working" the only thing i can do is shut the programme down. i also have the full mtu package video hoster - Vogone - keyright - KHPro - songverter and all these progs open and work ok could some one please help as i thought it was the programme so i updated at a cost and it is still the same

yours hopefully Zilda
What version did you update from? None of the previous versions would work correctly for 64 bit systems. The write disc function did not work for 64 bit in previous versions.
Did you test and set the default drive for the Read and Write functions in Microstudio? (Under Tools menu)
Do you have any other program for writing discs installed such as Nero or Roxio?
Try uninstalling and re-installing Microstudio and see if that will clear it up.
Old January 6th, 2011, 08:07 AM

i have removed totally the microstudio programme and deleated the download and re downloaded the version 4.23 all programmes within micostudio prog open ok ie Vogoen / keyrite / KhPro / Songverter and work. however if i try to open write disc the programme locks up instantly and the only option is to close it. i have tested the drive and it tests ok. however i tried the latest version on my lap top wich is vista and it works fine. but not ok on windows 7 64 bit. i have remove nero and another cd+g writing softwear to no avail.
many thanks zilda
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

You didn't need to remove Nero. I just needed to know if it was installed then you would need to make a minor change to its set-up.

In Microstudio did you select the drive(s) for both Read and Write? This is done in Tools/Default Drives.
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM

i still have the nero software however it is not installed and yes i have tested packard bell cd rom and external plextor writers and both test ok i think

thw window shows Drive Label - E:\HL-DT-STDVDRAM GH41N MN01 / status Good but at the end of the line theres a button with bad on it also
M:\PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W4012A 1.00 status Good but at the end of the line theres a button with bad on it
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

The button at the end is for you to change the status of the drive manually. If you know the drive doesn't read CDG even though it tests good, then you can block that drive from being counted.
Did you also assign a drive for Read and a drive for Write (these can be the same drive) in the bottom part of that dialog box?
Have you tried with each drive assigned for Write function?
Old January 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM

yes and it still locks up
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Zilda, I don't know what else to tell you. I suggest you submit a Support Email Ticket from the Support section of the main MTU web page and let them see if they can figure it out.