MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 17th, 2006, 07:21 PM

Doesn't Burn at all

I have two plextor drives that have always worked with previous verions of Microstudio. However now it imports to hard drive just fine, but it burns nothing to the cd. It acts perfectly fine and says it completed, but there is not a thing on the cd.

On top of that, when I installed it screwed up my Hoster program and I had to pay for the upgrade for that just to get hoster working again.

NOT MUCH FUN.
Old November 17th, 2006, 07:33 PM

Burns after restarting Program

It works if I shut the program down and the start it again and go straight to write disk. So wierd.

Now I just got this so this next comment may be out of line. But I don't like having to change the default folder to be able to write or import files to or from certain directories.

Any thoughts or have I just missed something?
Old November 18th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell View Post
1. I have two plextor drives that have always worked with previous verions of Microstudio. However now it imports to hard drive just fine, but it burns nothing to the cd. It acts perfectly fine and says it completed, but there is not a thing on the cd.

2. On top of that, when I installed it screwed up my Hoster program and I had to pay for the upgrade for that just to get hoster working again.
1. Your second post said it works if you shut down Microstudio and then do Write Disc immediately after running it agan. You do need to reboot the computer after installing Microstudion 3.0. Did you do this?

Do you have to restart EVERY time you want to write a disc now?

2. Can you elaborate more on what you tried to do to get Hoster running before buying an upgrade? Did you reinstall the installation program for the version you were running, or did you not have it?

What error messages did you see if you tried to reinstall? We have never had anyone report they had to buy an upgrade to reinstall after removing and installing Microstudio. We have had a number of users with older Microstudio versions that, when it is uninstalled, it damages the installation of other MTU programs so you see the "Serial Number mismatch" error message when you try to run (example) Hoster.

I'd appreciate if you could give us some more info on what happened. We need to track this down if it is a problem we need to fix.
Old November 28th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
1. Your second post said it works if you shut down Microstudio and then do Write Disc immediately after running it agan. You do need to reboot the computer after installing Microstudion 3.0. Did you do this?

Do you have to restart EVERY time you want to write a disc now?

2. Can you elaborate more on what you tried to do to get Hoster running before buying an upgrade? Did you reinstall the installation program for the version you were running, or did you not have it?

What error messages did you see if you tried to reinstall? We have never had anyone report they had to buy an upgrade to reinstall after removing and installing Microstudio. We have had a number of users with older Microstudio versions that, when it is uninstalled, it damages the installation of other MTU programs so you see the "Serial Number mismatch" error message when you try to run (example) Hoster.

I'd appreciate if you could give us some more info on what happened. We need to track this down if it is a problem we need to fix.
We are now working on Microstudio 3.002 to fix some problems. I'd appreciate it if you would answer my questions above. Each of them is important, and your answers could indicate we have other problems we need to diagnose.

Please answer these questions above.