MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:47 AM

Unhappy Writing Errors

I upgraded to MicroStudio 2.4 a couple of months ago and have been thrilled with the performance of the program....however, as of today, I keep getting an error message when wanting to write onto a CD...
(Error:'WRITE' command failed on device 0:1:0
Read/Write Error or bad medium detected
04h ooh 02h 03h 0Ch 07h)

I can write maybe 2 or 3 discs out of 10, and the discs I can write, when played on a JVC 800 machine will have broken words in several of the songs...I even tried changing the speed of writing back to no avail.

I have not changed brands of media....I have Windows 98, a Plextor 40/12/40A, I have DirectX 9.0, I'm using the MTU installed drivers.
Could someone please wake me up from my backing up disc nightmare!!!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:52 PM

silverea,

If everything was functioning well and this happened out of the blue, try using a different source disc, maybe even one you've used successfully before. It might be worth a "coaster".

If you have the same good success like you've been having it doesn't sound like your system or the program. You may have run into a copy protected disc. They will usually be identified in print on the disc hub. If so, there are some lengthy discussions regarding Media Clog and multi-session discs on the "cd recorders and media open forum" under the Microstudio catagory.

It could still be the media. Some brands like Memorex buy from another source and will fom time to time change sources to meet their demands, creating fluctuation in their quality. I mentioned Memorex because I experienced this with that brand and use them strictly for audio now, not CDG. Mitsui is the best.

It may not be any of this, just brainstorming.

George

Last edited by George; May 3rd, 2003 at 04:40 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 04:54 PM

Talking Check your recording media...

Silverea,

Quote:
Error:'WRITE' command failed on device 0:1:0
Read/Write Error or bad medium detected
04h ooh 02h 03h 0Ch 07h

This error is usually associated with a buffer underrun OR with writing too fast for the media. Example: Recording at 40x on media certified to record at 24x

This is usually always solved by selecting the proper or lower writing speed for the media used. Inexpensive media is also vulnerable to this type of error.

A buffer underrun error should not be a problem in your case. You have a Plextor 40/12/40A. Yours is an excellent burner. It has built-in burn-proof technology, which, in most cases, prevents buffer underruns.

I suspect that your problem is related to the media you are using in relation to quality and/or recording speed.

Please try these suggestions and see if they solve your problem.

Let us know if this work for you. If this doesn’t, there are other things we can try.

Good luck,

Jon