MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 14th, 2005, 02:35 PM

Question singer rotation, duets???

Singer rotations suck specially when you want to be the fairest possible. Right now I do put the new singers up first unless we get a huge stretch of them and then i go 2old 2new or 1 new 1 old!!! Also i don't allow anymore new singers after a certian time allowing the old singers get one more chance in singing! Now when it come to duets I have a hard time with! One duet is allowed per turn per person meaning you sing thats your turn. I don't allow a singer to sing a single and then get back up and sing with a friend sorry thats cheating you just now sang twice in a rotation i don't allow that. Now where to place them is the hardest part! Do I put the duet in the place of the first singer or last singer? Rigt now the last person that sang thats going to be singing in the duet is where i put their slip! Ya the first person who sang who is going to be doing a duets is dropped back. So that im really not careing for cuz it isn't fair to that person either to drop them back so i don't know but that but so far thats what i do to keep it fair. Also just because you are a new singer and want to sing a duet with someone who already sang you have to wait for his turn to come back around to beable to sing! Does this sound fair to you???? Does anyone have any suggestions how i should handle the duets??