MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2019, 04:53 PM

MTU Ad as Image during play

I am doing a Veterans Program at my community center and only using audios in the program.

I have set up my computer so I have four audio songs on my playlist and lots of songs on the Bkgnd playlist. I also have pictures that play on the extended TV during the time I have the Bkgnd playing. During this time the pictures change on the TV while the Bk songs are playing.

My problem is when I play one of the four audios that is on the regular playlist, I get the MTU advert on my TV screen. The other three audios on the regular playlist are just blank when the play. The song that has the advert on the screen is the \\\\\\\"Star Spangled Banner\\\\\\\" and I would rather not had the advert on the TV while it is being played.

I am surprised that I have managed to get this far, but I can not figure out how to get rid of the MTU that is just on one song.

So, what do I do,

Thanks for any help

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old November 10th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MTU Ad as Image during play

I’m confused by the fact you say the other three audio files on the regular playlist just show blank but the the “Star Spangled banner” song is the only audio file that shows the advert.
The Advert displays in the Marquee if you don’t have any of your own messages selected. When you say the others show blank do you mean the Marquee is hidden till that song plays ?

Can you check in the Type column of that song, it must be different, for example does it show as MP3 on all four songs or something different for that song than the other 3 songs ?

If you don’t normally show the marquee best check that it is disabled for all types of files, to do that:
From Tools menu select/Show Display, there are Tabs for each view (Lyrics, intermission, Audio, Video and Preview) Below the tabs on the left shows Marquee settings with a tick box, that box needs to be checked for each of the types your playing to not display so you need to open each tab in turn and tick the Hide box to not display in each view or in your case it might just be your audio and video tabs.

Hope that makes sense
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 10th, 2019, 09:25 AM

[quote=Roy Dennis;137630]I’m confused by the fact you say the other three audio files on the regular playlist just show blank but the the “Star Spangled banner” song is the only audio file that shows the advert.

The place, where the lyrics would be, is blank when the three songs are played. When The Star Spangled Banner is played it contains the MTU Advert. The type is HDAUD and the other three are CDCDC. Originally it was entered as an MP3 and it also had the Advert, so I imported it as HDAUD hoping the Advert would then be blank , but it didn\\\'t work. I have another Star Spangled Banner in CDCDC as a back up, but I like the one that has the Advert.

I have the message, Veterans Day running across the top. I also hid the bottom message.

Part of the problem is my lack of knowing what I am doing, lack of experience and the difficulty of reading the instructions for the Hoster.

Thanks again,

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.

Last edited by Wrahn; November 10th, 2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old November 10th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, Try this, From Tools menu/Show display select the Audio Tab, now in the Graphic Area I assume you have The radio button for image selected, and the selected image in the window is probably showing as “mtu-logo-black.png” Instead of ticking the radio button for “Image” select “Solid Color”, then the button BKgnd and choose the color you want to show as a background colour press apply.

Alternately if you want it to show a picture as a background then use the image button but select a different picture from the image button while in the audio tab view.

Most people create a picture with their own show name or logo which you can Create in paint.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 10th, 2019, 05:07 PM

Roy,

Thank you very much, all is well for my Veterans Day Celebration using the options in Hoster.

Thanks again,

Old November 10th, 2019, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

When you import a normal CD via the import CD Tracks dialog as .kma it becomes a CDCDC type file and Hoster treats it as a karaoke file not an audio only file. As Hoster sees it as karaoke it displays it as a blank screen as there were no lyrics with the file. A normal audio only file is normally imported via the index files button under either mp3, wma or wav formats, then the audio tab settings can be set to how you want them to display with or without a graphic.

Seems your OK now so will leave it at that and close this thread now.
Closed Thread