MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > DNoise Software > DNoise Help

DNoise Help General forum for discussing DNoise 3.0 software for Windows.

Old November 24th, 2001, 04:11 PM

trying to reduce constant hum in piano recording

I've taken about a 3.5 second template file of the hum I would like to remove. Believe I have setup everything per instruction manuel. when I press "preview", " bypass play ",or "composue"; I get one or the other of the following error messages: "UNABLE TO RETRIEVE PROPERTY PAGES FOR TRANSFORM FILTER (FAILED RESULT CODE 00000000)"; or "no error (failed result code 00000000)". As yet, I have not heard my SF while MTU DNoise is on the screen. It plays good when I'm in the mix file of MTU.
I'm using ver 5.3 with ME.
Please get me straight.
Old November 25th, 2001, 01:02 AM

do you have a second sound card set up and speakers connected to it ?

and is it selected as the output device ?

just checking !
Bill
Old November 25th, 2001, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Exclamation DNoise does not play out Krystal Audio Card

Bert, I'm not familiar with either error message. Maybe MTUSUPPORT has heard of them before and can answer on Monday.

As Bill indicates, DNoise requires a second sound card in the computer to play while you are adjusting the parameters. Since you are using either a selected segment in a Microstudio prodject, or the whole project, the Krystal DSP Engine is tied up. It is computing the fades, gains, zones, and mixing (if the project). Then, it musts transfer the processed audio back to the host computer for DNoise (and other direct-x plugins) to process.

Krystal cannot receive the new processed audio stream back again to play it. This was a tradeoff we made to allow you to use Microeditor segments or projects, and hear the DNoise outpout audio live while you make adjustments.

Also, 3.5 seconds for the template is a bit large. The normal is 1/4 to 1 second. Hum (60Hz/120Hz) should be able to be picked up in 1 second, unless it is lower frequency. Try a smaller template.
Old December 26th, 2001, 05:00 PM

Unable to reduce hum in piano solo

This is in answer to Bill Odom & Administrator: I put a sound board into my computer along with the Krystal board. When I go to Dnoise, I am able to play through the new sound board when I punch Bypass Play. So I know sound board works. However, when I try to play selected piano segment with a less than 1 second wave file of "hum", there is no sound at all. I am not able to adjust parameters of "P"button.

When trying to play through Preview, there is no evidence that anything is playing. Suggestions, Please!!!!