MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 27th, 2002, 09:13 AM

Mac Software?

Is there any software out the for copying cdgs that works on a mac?
Old June 27th, 2002, 11:24 AM

Have you tried Clone CD, Very good, Not sure about Mac.

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.
Old June 28th, 2002, 12:06 PM

Exclamation Nope

Clone CD is only for windows based, CDRWIN is only windows based, and Micro Studio is windows based.
Pick up a cheap bare bones PC, drop a burner in it, and any of the three will work if you have enough backups to make to make it worth the money.
Some of us use two out of three of these programs

Last edited by jim in ohio; June 28th, 2002 at 06:17 PM.
Old July 20th, 2002, 09:54 PM

Lightbulb mac software

No company makes a Mac version of burning software to duplicate/backup CD+g discs. Discribe says it is looking into it for a future release but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Every wintel user will tell you to buy a bare bones wintel box or something put together that's inexpensive.

As for me, no one gave me any advice. I just read the forums, got tired of reading forums, and did my own thing which I'll tell you about here…

My entertainment company is all Mac/Apple based. I have an old Apple/IIe for customer database that's still used, a PM7200/75MHz that I use to review my CD+g discs using an old program called "CD+G" (I don't think it's even available anymore; and was never updated after 1994), a PowerBook G3 Series 233, an iBook 500, and a Quicksilver PM 733MHz. I use both the G4 733 and the iBook for my CD+g backups. What I did was buy a copy of Virtual PC from Connectix, and a plextor external CD-RW drive. I installed VPC 5.0 and updated to most current version of VPC. Haven't updated WindowsXP Home at all with microsoft (if it ain't broke, don't fix). I also bought Microstudio from MTU.

I use Mac OS X and haven't tried this under OS 9.2.2 yet but will in future. But with OS X 10.1.5, I plugged the Plextor drive in and it worked and burned CDs right off the bat with CDBurner from Apple and Toast from Roxio. With XP on VPC though, I had to get an ASPI driver from nero's website I think. Can't remember the details though. This is where you need to figure things out. I never liked windoze and with a mac it was so easy so I never used windoze again since 1993. XP is weird.

Anyway, I had a lot of trouble getting the burner to be recognized. I first downloaded CDRWin from GoldenHawk. They were the only company I knew of for backups. Then I came across MTU from another site somewhere. But before MTU, I did a lot of installing with stuff from the web and from the OEM CD that came with the burner. After a while, CDRWin recognized the drive and when I called GoldenHawk, they could have cared less that it worked on mac.

Now we may make up a small percentage of users, but if you figure 1,000,000 users with computers and 10% of those are mac? Then that's still a number to market to and make some more money. When I came across MTU and MicroStudio, they were glad to see a Mac user with their software and able to make it all work. So I decided I like these guys.

Anyway, I'm the only person I know of to make this work and I wish you luck doing the same. MTU staff is great and the one guy I'm dealing with now is real nice. They say Mac OS X with the Unix base is neat and who knows, I pray they make something native for us Mac users someday.

But I'm doing what I've waited three years to do and I hope you can pull it off too. If you do, I suggest burning and reading at 1X to ensure perfect performance with graphics. Clean your discs real good first before even reading them. What's great with MTU's software is that you can do a track at a time and then play it to see if it's clean or not and you can also put together a best of karaoke CD with songs most used.

MicroStudio is a great product and I hope other mac users with Virtual PC will use MTU's software too. And please pay for the full version. These guys are great, so support the company. Any questions?

chow