MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 24th, 2003, 11:13 AM

does it work

I am new to this forum. I have not bought the software, but a little background on my situation:
I had been looking for a karaoke building software, I searched thru Yahoo and the only hit I got was DartPro Karaoke Studio CD+G. I studied the website to see what it would do and bought it. It included the de-vocalizer, add lyrics, a light duty mixer (where you can mix your final version with the original), a recorder (that allowed you to add your voice thru mic and record in WAV form), a virtual CDG Player, and last CD-Recorder 4 (basic version). Wrong move. They had several lists of compatible hardware. I had an Iomega CDR and it was on there. It was on an older computer that I was giving to my daughter, so after studying the list I bought a new computer with a Samsung 240/SW CDR. First of all their mode of getting the music was not user friendly, it would not read from a standard CD of any artist you would buy at the store. I would have to download it with real player or Windows Media and it would come as a MP3 file. I could work thru the most part until I got to the “Convert to CD+G”. in going thru the process if you forget to hit save before moving to the next step you were stuck. You almost had to delete everything to do with that song and start over. When I finally got to the Burn to CD, the whole program crashed every time. I went to support and finally got out of the guy that my Samsung could only read CD+G not record. So I go out and buy one of the CDRW’s that was supported: Plextor PW/4024 USB (a USB so that I wouldn’t void the warranty of my new computer by breaking the seal to add new hardware). I installed the new CDR, opened the software, and try to burn. The program crashes again. I call (get a voice mail). Email (get an automated return email saying, ‘We have received you question and will get back as soon as possible, but while you are waiting here is answers to many of the common problem.” The list is four pages or more in printed form. When he finally gets back to me, he tells me to go to Adaptec’s site and download their ASPI. I do so and install it. It crashes again. I go thru the email and phone call routine again and am told to go to Goldenhawk’s site and download their ASPI. After doing so, whamo, crashes again. Next I’m told to search and delete a listed of files and EXE,’s. Guess what, crash again. Next I’m told delete all other CDR recording software and a similar list of files and DLL’s and go back and re-download Goldenhawk’s ASPI, the re install their CD Reorder 4 Basic. I do and it get thru the record step, but it would play of their CDG player without showing the lyrics. Support said if it recorded as a binn file (that’s what they call their finished CDG file) then it would play on a standard karaoke machine. So the next Friday night I hand the KJ my CD and start to sing. The music is somewhat distorted and no lyrics on the screen. I sure am glad I knew song by heart. Support has me make a few adjustments and I’m able to burn another CD, the final cuts are really bad. I was told by a guy at a Karaoke store that was because I was de-vocalizing a MP3 file. Support tell me how to do it, but it never works, I finally find a way to get the music into WAV format and re-do all my songs, about 40 hours of work. When I go to record to disk, it crashes again. It has somehow converted my recording CDR device and reading device. Since my reading device is not compatible it crashes. I try to change it back and it won’t let me.
At that point, I scream, yell, cuss, and think about throwing my computer out the window. I email the guy and tell him I’m send his undeveloped software back and calling my Platinum Credit Card Company to get my money back.
Now, after all this stupid background, can anyone tell me if MTU’s Karaoke Software really works as advertised and will my Plexwriter-4024UT will work with their CDG recorder.
a very frustrated guy.
Old March 24th, 2003, 12:35 PM

Am coming up on three years now as a satisfied user of all the four products in the Karaoke Suite, and can testify without any reservations, they do work, and do what is advertised they do.
Obviously, if you read through the forums one will see that there are occassional glitches, ( Microsoft still issues patches for software that's been on the market for over a year or two).

Between MTU support and product users, the problems usually get resolved in a satisfactory manner, and as expediently as possible. Most of the time the problem turns out to be an issue between the software and the pc involved, rarely a bug in the software.

That's been my experience.

Most of the products have free demo's available for you to "test the water". The Microstudio and Kpro demo's should tell you what you want to know.

Regarding your USB burner, I have no personal knowledge of the burner in question, and will leave that issue to some who may have an answer.

Hope this helps,

George
Old March 24th, 2003, 12:51 PM

Cool They work very well

I am also a very happy MTU customer. The products are well developed, clean coded and very, let me repeat this, very user friendly.

As George explained, you can download the available demos and try them. I think you will like these products.

Take a peek at the testimonials.

And, yes, your Plexwriter-4024UT should work very well.

Good luck,

Jon
Old March 24th, 2003, 02:23 PM

thanks guys

I really do appreciate your fast replies. As you can see by my history with dart I have been one frustrated guy. If only my search engine would have brought me here first.
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

I too am a VERY happy user of this wonderful suite of programs. You will be burning successful CDG songs very soon. The support is great, the products are great and I will recommend them to whomever asks about them.

Good luck, you will be in safe hands now.

regards
Old April 2nd, 2003, 12:17 PM
Frequent Member

bshup........

1. I would first suggest you change your search engine to "Google" I believe you will get better selection of hits than Yahoo. Many companies have to pay to get a hit via Yahoo.

2. Yes the MTU suite of Karaoke Products do work and rather well.

3. You need a Plextor CD-RW (Do Not Bother With Anyother Brands as they will not read the cd+g code correctly)

4. You need good CD-R Media, such as MTU's Silver, Sony, TDK or Fuji. (Not all CD-R Media is created equal)

5. For certain MTU Products, such as Vogone 2 you need a 700+ CPU.

6. First, read all the Equipment Specifications for each product to see which ones will work on your system.

7. You need the correct ASPI Layer System for you Operating System.

8. MTU's Karaoke Home Producer Program, when used to create your own cd+g wil play on any Karaoke Machine....while the product you purchased from the other vendor will not play on JVC units.

9. You will find that MTU products are easy to use......
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:36 AM

Talking

Thanks for the Help. I have purchased MTU's Karaoke Suite and have found it very user friendly. I am having a little trouble with Voicegone, but it maybe the songs and how they are layered, but I did get a heads up o the midi coverter and can see the advantages of that. I still need to figure out how I will put background singers in. Maybe I can cut and paste it during Midi-Editting. My time on each song is 1/3 of DartPro's and burning to desk is a breeze. While I have only burned one made from scratch CDG, I did so without a hitch. I was even able to rip the songs I like on my store bought CDGs and paste them in with the others combining all my favorites into 2 CDs. Now there are many other songs I want to make, so I know I will be busy.
This is a really good product. I have been searching for the songs I like that aren’t in CDG format and waiting and requesting they be released without hope. While I love to sing, I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, so Karaoke Suites with Keyright has let me at least produce some songs that I don’t sound too bad in singing. I paid more $ for another brand that didn’t work. Thanks MTU and those on this forum for supplying me with the tools and the feedback to help me enjoy one of my favorite hobbies. I am going to St. Martin the last of the month and the resort we stay at has Karaoke two times a week, but since it is a French resort they don’t have many country western selections. I will be able to take my own.

Bshup

I guess this has turned into a testimonial hasn't it.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 09:36 AM

BSHUP,

Glad you're as pleased as we are.
When you get back from basking in the sun, if you really want to take a trip, read through the links below and see what you can do to augment the MTU Suite. You won't ever have to worry again about having a lack of material to convert to CDG, and have it sound like you want it. This product was introduced to us by KJZONE to whom many are grateful.

Take care,

George

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...+Sound+canvass