MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM

Angry Microstudio Cdg Playing:

I Just Purchased Microstudio And Have New Mtu Burner, The 4.005 Version And It Performs All Functions Except Will Not Play Cdg`s Or Cd`s. Will Play From Songlist O.k. Help Anyone.
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator

I moved this to the Microstudio Help Forum.

We've had one other report of 4.005 not playing. We will research this on Monday. A bug may have crept in the last build. Does anyone know for sure that 4.004 played disc tracks directly?
Old January 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Jim, be sure you have updated your Windows.
  1. Click the Start button

2. Find and click Windows Updates or something like this

3. When your Browser shows you the Microsoft Update page, find and click the CUSTOM (not Express) button

4. Download ALL - yes ALL - updates to your Windows. One user couldn't run correctly until even a Korean Font update was downloaded... go figure!
Old January 8th, 2008, 02:04 PM

4.004 Not Playing Discs

I was running the Christmas Party music for my church. I needed to receive people's cd's and play it for them while they danced or sang. One or two needed to be transferred to Media Player or my Standalone player, because 4.004 wouldn't play. This cd's were not cdg.
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Jim, be sure you have updated your Windows.
  1. Click the Start button
  2. Find and click Windows Updates or something like this
  3. When your Browser shows you the Microsoft Update page, find and click the CUSTOM (not Express) button
  4. Download ALL - yes ALL - updates to your Windows. One user couldn't run correctly until even a Korean Font update was downloaded... go figure!
James Hanna, have you done this upgrade yet? We're waiting to see if this fixes your problem.

Jahern, same for you... do an update with CUSTOM and see if anything needs to be downloaded and installed. If so, that may explain the problem you have. One other user in another Thread upgraded his Windows with CUSTOM and he could them play CDs and CDGs.

We're trying to find out RIGHT NOW if this is the cause as we are working on Microstudio 4.006, with Beta 1 going out this week.

I played CD and CDG discs on two fully updated Windows systems. The Audio CD tracks started playing within a quarter-second, the CDG tracks had an 11 second delay, which was clear as the Dur field counted down and then played perfectly... lyrics and music.

We can't re-create the problem. Thus, it's not scheduled for further review... unless you folks tell us updating Windows with CUSTOM didn't solve the problem.
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
James Hanna, have you done this upgrade yet? We're waiting to see if this fixes your problem.

Jahern, same for you... do an update with CUSTOM and see if anything needs to be downloaded and installed. If so, that may explain the problem you have. One other user in another Thread upgraded his Windows with CUSTOM and he could them play CDs and CDGs.

We're trying to find out RIGHT NOW if this is the cause as we are working on Microstudio 4.006, with Beta 1 going out this week.

We can't re-create the problem. Thus, it's not scheduled for further review... unless you folks tell us updating Windows with CUSTOM didn't solve the problem.
Your silence is now accepted that your problems were solved by updating your Windows. We are moving on to other upgrades.
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Frequent Member

cdgs and audio cds play fine in my 4.005.
never had a problem with that. Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
I moved this to the Microstudio Help Forum.

We've had one other report of 4.005 not playing. We will research this on Monday. A bug may have crept in the last build. Does anyone know for sure that 4.004 played disc tracks directly?
I can play all files, will perform all write cd functions, can read cdg`s title and artist, double click on them, they go to play list. click on them to play and you get a blink, black screen only. I only have Hooster as other mtu software. I have mtu new burner, Hooster runs fine. microstudio demo will play cdg`s and cd`s, NO PROBLEM WITH FILES. SAME CD ON DEMO WILL NOT PLAY ON INSTALLED. I HAVE UPDATED TO 4.005 AND UPDATED CURRENT ON WINDOWS, AND UNINSTALLED FIREWALL. NO LUCK.
Old January 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Unhappy Can`t Play Cdg`s Or Cd`s.

I Have No Problem Playing Files, I Double Click On Them And They Go To Playlist Window And Play. This Is True For Audio And Cdg Files. I Have No Problem Writing. I Can Import To Playlist. I Get The Cd Title And Artist By Track From Internet. Double Click And It Goes To Playlist Window. Highlight The Track And Click On It And You Get A Blink On And Off Black Play Window. Demo Will Play Cdg`a And Audio Xcd`s Fine. The Cdg`s I Made Work Fine In Cdg Player. I Have Only Hooster As Other Mtu Software And Have Your New Burner. Hooster Works Fine. I Have Uninstalled Firewall, Updated Microstudio, Updated Windows Current. Uninstalled And Reinstalled Microstudio/ Same Prob.. What Other Info Do You Need.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Administrator

I'm scheduling Engineering to take a look at this problem before we release 4.006.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:59 PM

Microstudio

Anything I Can Do To Help. Please Let Me Know. Enjoy Your Programs And Burner, And Hooster Alot And Have For Yrs. Jim
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Frequent Member

Installed microstudio 4005
played trks from cd just fine.
two different drives, plextor 716u and nec6650 slimline drive (laptop)
imported trks from cdgs great.
importing or playing from disc works great.
on my dell 4700c windows xp. Bob

James Hanna, what are your machine specs.
make, model, cpu, memory, ect,
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates