MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 24th, 2007, 05:14 AM

Re-Loading Microstdio

I recently had the "0" bytes problem which thankfully was answered on this forum by uploading all the Microsoft updates.

Regretably another problem then occured for me directly after putting on all the M/S updates, which was the player I use at my karaoke gigs (not Hoster by the way) just wouldn't run, I do not believe the updates directly affected the player but nevertheless it simply would not work directly after the updates went in.

After exaustive and fruitless hours of trying to get this player to run, both by myself and the support team for the player (who accessed my laptop remotley), it was decided that there was something deep within the laptop that was affecting the executable for this player and whilst the support team were willing to write me another executable for it I decided to return the laptop to it's factory condition after saving as much as I could and then re-loading everything I had saved.

I transferred everything to a memory stick, including the Microstudio setup I had previously been given.

All my saved stuff went back in including the demo Microstudio (and the affected karaoke player software started working too) from the setup.exe I had saved, but when I entered the reg code for that setup.exe it said words to the effect that this was the wrong computer for that reg code number and that I was to get the correect one, or something on them lines. Bottom line is I cannot get a full version of Microstudio up and running even though I have the codes.

How do I get a full Microstudio working please?

I did put a ticket in to support earlier this week but I have not had a reply to it, I was expecting a reply within 15 hours but so far nothing.

Thanks.

Daddybrubeck
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:03 AM

Hopefully the $39.95 I paid for Microstudio on February 8th just a few weeks ago has not gone to waste, anyone got any idea what my problem is here please?

Thanks.

Daddybrubeck
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybrubeck View Post
Hopefully the $39.95 I paid for Microstudio on February 8th just a few weeks ago has not gone to waste, anyone got any idea what my problem is here please?

Thanks.

Daddybrubeck
Your problem is that you reloaded your laptop and Microstudio doesn't recognize it as the same computer. You put the ticket in to have your registration reset so you will have to wait for them to do so and email you.
MTU does not work on weekends so it will take a few days to get response over a weekend. Have you gone to the support center and checked on your ticket? They may have emailed you and you didn't get it.
Old February 26th, 2007, 04:55 AM

DDouglas.

Once again your answers are right on the money.

When I checked the support page ticket section I found that MTUSupport had replied to me and had done so pretty quickly, regrettably I did not, for whatever reason, receive an email reply to my ticket (which I was expecting) furthemore I did not know that there would be a reply on the ticket section support page waiting for me hence I did not check it until your reply above prompted me too.

The reply from MTUSupport has not as yet answered my problem as it would apper that MTUSupport think that all I done was restored my laptop to an earlier date rather than re-loading it to it's factory state, I have informed them of this and I await a reply, but now of course I will check for that reply in the right place.

Thanks again for your help.

Daddybrubeck.
Old February 26th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Administrator

If I'm right, you saved your prior Microstudio (MS) install on a memstick, changed Windows (which changes EVERYTHING), then tried to copy MS install back to the computer.

You need to find the MS Installation file and install from scratch.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:50 AM

Admin.

Thanks for your input.

What actually happened is that after downloading all the necessary Microsoft Updates to get Microstudio running, Microstudio worked perfectly, however the player I use at my karaoke gigs, which is not Hoster, stopped working, I do not think it was anything whatsoever to do with the M/S updates but for whatever reason I simply could not get it to run. After doing extensive searches of my laptop by remote assistance the support team for that player could not find the cause of the problem, it would appear that something was working on the .exe file of the software and stopping it from opening.

The player support team was going to give me new .exe for the software but I figured that what ever was on the laptop and was causing the problem would still be there if I went down that route, so instead I elected to re-load the laptop to it's "out of the factory" condition, in the process of course everything that went on to the laptop from day one would be lost, including hopefully the cause of the problem.

I saved everything I could to a memory stick, including the setup.exe for Microstudio, and then returned the laptop to it's factory condition using software installed on the laptop for that very purpose.

After re-loading the laptop to it's factory condition I then started to put back onto it the stuff I had saved on the memory stick, when I did this for the Microstudio setup.exe file it did not recognise that computer saying this was not the computer this file was registerd with or words to that effect.

Hopefully I have explained myself and that you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Thanks.

Daddybrubeck

Last edited by daddybrubeck; February 26th, 2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybrubeck View Post
[b][u]After re-loading the laptop to it's factory condition I then started to put back onto it the stuff I had saved on the memory stick, when I did this for the Microstudio setup.exe file it did not recognise that computer saying this was not the computer this file was registerd with or words to that effect.

Hopefully I have explained myself and that you can understand what I'm trying to say.
I understand. Please go to the Support Center and submit a Ticket. State that you need your Microstudio RegCode reset. Provide your registered email and full name. Tickets are NOT public so this info will appear to MTU staff only. We need it to find your record and reset it.