MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Starting Member

a little 'snap' at the beginning of the output file...

Frequently, I'm guessing about 75% of the time, the output file I get from Vogone has a little glitch, pop, snap, click - not sure how to describe it. It's about a quarter of a second into the file, not horrible, about 25% of peak amplitude - kind of the sound of someone plugging in a signal cord, or clicking on a cheap mic. But it bugs me enough that the perfectionist in me has to bring the file into an editor to mute it out before I go on to KHPro, I'd like to not have to take the extra step (that's the lazy-bones in me!)...

It 'seems' (I could be wrong) to happen on input files that have a couple seconds of silence at the begining. If the music starts very close to the beginnning, seems less likely to happen. Maybe the Vogone engine is trying to 'do something' with the silence and creates this pop.

Any body else experience this? Know of a setting or something to prevent it? If not I guess consider it a bug-fix request, MTU...
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:31 AM
VIP

Re: a little 'snap' at the beginning of the output file...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billykeys View Post
Frequently, I'm guessing about 75% of the time, the output file I get from Vogone has a little glitch, pop, snap, click - not sure how to describe it. It's about a quarter of a second into the file, not horrible, about 25% of peak amplitude - kind of the sound of someone plugging in a signal cord, or clicking on a cheap mic. But it bugs me enough that the perfectionist in me has to bring the file into an editor to mute it out before I go on to KHPro, I'd like to not have to take the extra step (that's the lazy-bones in me!)...

It 'seems' (I could be wrong) to happen on input files that have a couple seconds of silence at the begining. If the music starts very close to the beginnning, seems less likely to happen. Maybe the Vogone engine is trying to 'do something' with the silence and creates this pop.

Any body else experience this? Know of a setting or something to prevent it? If not I guess consider it a bug-fix request, MTU...
Billy - I cannot replicate this.
What version are you using?

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I agree, this "glitch" should not be there. As MikeP pointed, out since he can't duplicate it (and he KNOWS Vogone probably better than we do), it may be a problem with your computer. Not trying to dodge the bullet, but it's a possibility. Let's see if we can narrow it down.

1. As MikeP asked, what Vogone version are you running (see it in Help > About Vogone dialog)?

2. What type of song (MP3, WMA, WAV, etc.) are you processing?

3. If MP3, do you see any text warning each time Vogone runs? It could be the Lame_enc.dll is not the "full version".

4. You mention songs with silence have less changes of creating this. I can't think of anything in the core "vocal remover" algorithm that would create any sound in a silence / low amplitude area.

5. Please email mtusupport at mtu dot com an example song so we can try to duplicate the problem. We will be working on Vogone again tomorrow-Thursday. Thus, your timing is perfect to look at this.
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Starting Member

Hi!
I am using v5.31

My computer:
Toshiba Satellite A665
'Stock':
Win7
Intel i3 2.4 GHz
4G Ram
Realtec HiDef Audio
Intel HD Graphics

I just picked a convenient mp3 (i think most I do are mp3, but I believe I've had the same issue with wavs too) ran it through Vogone, and got the spike.

I have uploaded a couple of screen shots (just a cell phone pic, but I think you can make it out) of the waveform of the input and output, zoomed in to the first 2 seconds. You'll see the little spike on one, and not on the input. I tried to upload the mp3's themselves, it looks like you can't upload audio files? I tried to .zip them, and it would not upload those either... If you'd like to examine the actual files, maybe we can email them?

Note also that I have encountered this not only on this laptop, but also on my older Dell that i just retired (one purchased from MTU about 6 or 7 years ago, previous Vogon versions).

Thank you for your attention,
Bill Proulx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0433.jpg (561.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0434.jpg (626.3 KB, 5 views)
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
5. Please email mtusupport at mtu dot com an example song so we can try to duplicate the problem. We will be working on Vogone again tomorrow-Thursday. Thus, your timing is perfect to look at this.
Please email one of your files to the address above.

Quote:
Hi!
I am using v5.31

My computer:
Toshiba Satellite A665
'Stock':
Win7
Intel i3 2.4 GHz
4G Ram
Realtec HiDef Audio
Intel HD Graphics

I just picked a convenient mp3 (i think most I do are mp3, but I believe I've had the same issue with wavs too) ran it through Vogone, and got the spike.

I have uploaded a couple of screen shots (just a cell phone pic, but I think you can make it out) of the waveform of the input and output, zoomed in to the first 2 seconds. You'll see the little spike on one, and not on the input.

Note also that I have encountered this not only on this laptop, but also on my older Dell that i just retired (one purchased from MTU about 6 or 7 years ago, previous Vogone versions).

Bill Proulx
Bill, thank you for the details. On the surface it looks like your computer should work.

Once we get your emailed file, we'll take a look at it.

We are working on Vogone 4.00 right now, with Beta 3 expected out tomorrow evening. We have some audio dropout issues yet to deal with, but it would be interesting to see if your "glitch" at the start is there.

QUESTION: Would you consider testing Vogone 4.00 with us?

If so, I'll change your Forum Registration to "Beta Vogone" so you can see the download link, get the code, post your results and see MikeP's and others posts.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:41 AM
VIP

Quote:
Hi!
I am using v5.31

My computer:
Toshiba Satellite A665
'Stock':
Win7
Intel i3 2.4 GHz
4G Ram
Realtec HiDef Audio
Intel HD Graphics

I have uploaded a couple of screen shots (just a cell phone pic, but I think you can make it out) of the waveform of the input and output, zoomed in to the first 2 seconds. You'll see the little spike on one, and not on the input. I tried to upload the mp3's themselves, it looks like you can't upload audio files? I tried to .zip them, and it would not upload those either... If you'd like to examine the actual files, maybe we can email them?

Note also that I have encountered this not only on this laptop, but also on my older Dell that i just retired (one purchased from MTU about 6 or 7 years ago, previous Vogon versions).

Bill Proulx
Bill - I think you mean version 3.51

I do recall getting a small sound spike at some time in the past.....but it's so long ago, I cannot remember whether it occurred with all file types or had something to do with the source file. I have found files that originate from iTunes can have all sorts of problems................
I can't recall when that might have been but I remember removing it using a wav file editor or similar.
I do not have ver 3.51 installed to compare your results.
Given that we are about to embark on a new round of beta testing on this product, it's probably not worth taking this any further......
As an interim fix, I suggest you continue to remove the audio spike using audacity or similar. You can cut out the offending noise, rather than mute it.

Test Computer 1. Medion PC Win 10 Home
Name: MedionWin8-PC
Processor AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 Ghz
8Gb Ram 64bit OS
2. MEDION P7612 Windows 10 Home
Name Mike_P7612_17in
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM)4.00 GB
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/michael.pyne1
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Starting Member

Yes, of course I did mean v3.51...

I did just email the original "My Darkest Days" mp3 to the support address.

Please let me know if you don't recieve it - I'm not sure what my attachment size limits might be with my email server....

And it would be a pleasure to help evaluate the 4.0 beta, let me know what I need to do.

Thanks