MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Windows 8

Which version works with Windows 8
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Windows 8

Try a demo version see if there are any problems.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM

I had tested 5.07 on Windows 8, there are a few issues, but it will run.
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM

Smile Re: Windows 8

would you like to elaborate on the issues
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM

Every time you open Hoster, you see the screen that states you need to turn off UAC. Other than that, on the beta version I ran it on, it worked. I will be building up a Windows 8 system later in the week, and testing again. At the moment I do not have one to test on.

Bryan
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM

I have win 8 and have some issues that are weird, songs get more out of sync as they play usually ending up 1 to 2 sec out of sync by end of song playback. Solution is indeterminate at this time, All songs are on a local drive so no UAC problems that I know of. I am using an SSD drive for main operation. HDD's as secondaries. Win8 does not have a basic theme to choose from for visualization changes. Plz let me know when solutions are found, TY
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM

It's been a few months. Any updates on Windows 8?
Old November 12th, 2012, 02:36 PM

Um..Ok... a few weeks
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM

Installed 508.11 on Windows 8. Other than the UAC issue (mentioned above), everything seems ok.
Old November 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM

That UAC is a pain in the proverbial
Old November 25th, 2012, 03:53 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrowolski View Post
That UAC is a pain in the proverbial
Yes, I get the UAC message too. However, I installed Auslogics Boostspeed and Performed System tweaks on System Security\UAC and checked the box for DISABLE User Account Control and that fixed the issue.

See screen shot of Auslogics Boostspeed System Tweak screen below

Not sure If Windows 8 is really turning it off or if control is in a new place, hopefully MTU can determine the issue and fix it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boostspeedUAC.jpg (146.9 KB, 23 views)
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:12 PM
VIP

Well, Windows 8 requires UAC to be ON in order to access optiopns from the Start Screen...like - EMAIL, may be others(Charms).

So, MTU may have to determine if Hoster can run with UAC active
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM

Go download the 5.08 version from here, just changed the file about 20 Minutes ago. It will get rid of the UAC check. http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm

The only way to tell if you have the new version is to go to Help\About Hoster. It will show a Period after the 8 in the version (5.08.).
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
VIP

Ok. Will download and let you know.
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM

I just got window 8 and the newest version of hoster. The only problem I'm having so far is I can't seem to edit singer database. It won't allow me to enter anything. I was so happy with Video Hoster Software V3.321A I've been running it forever so now I'm light years behind everyone else. With my old version I didn't have a singer database option anyway so I just alphabetized my playlist and saved singer's songs there. That version was so old I can't even open my old playlist in the new version so I'm starting from scratch. Any ideas how to edit singer database?

Last edited by karaoke1; February 18th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM

I figured it out! I just had to reread the manual. Sorry! So far everything else seems good!
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaoke1 View Post
I just got window 8 and the newest version of hoster. The only problem I'm having so far is I can't seem to edit singer database. It won't allow me to enter anything. I was so happy with Video Hoster Software V3.321A I've been running it forever so now I'm light years behind everyone else. With my old version I didn't have a singer database option anyway so I just alphabetized my playlist and saved singer's songs there. That version was so old I can't even open my old playlist in the new version so I'm starting from scratch. Any ideas how to edit singer database?
Are you having problems adding singers songs or editing existing ?

To Add songs to a singers database you just press the S+ button after entering a singers name in either the main dialog or the search dialog.

You can only edit data in this database by pressing the singers button that is next to the search button on the main page.Then select songs, use the drop down box to select a name, you should then see a list of songs for that singer. Then you can either delete it or alter the tempo or keychange and save the new or export the list for a printed version.
If you want to edit a singers name select singers button to bring up all singers, select one rename, Save As or delete all his songs.

You must have posted again while I was answering
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; February 18th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the help. My old playlist even opened eventually. It just took longer than I expected.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM

Just a few comments/thoughts based on our experiences with Windows 8 with Hoster 5.08:
  • We still have issues with songs skipping and often getting out of sync. I have replaced them & sometimes it corrects the problem, sometimes not. Cannot predict or document when these occur, but it is unique to Windows 8...never had problems with Windows 7 Ultimate on this same machine
  • When importing songs (KMA format) we are getting a number of extremely long silent lead outs...sometimes as long as the song.
  • Still experiencing unexpected shut downs. This always happens when background music is active and minimized. It doesn't seem to happen when not minimized. Fortunately, this always happens between singers. It is not as common as with Win 7, but still an annoyance.
  • When importing zip files->KMA, if you let Hoster assign Book ID, it tends to overwrite existing files. The only sure way is to start with a new block of 100. It would be nice if it automatically filled in the blanks...ie used the unassigned numbers. Since Access is the engine behind the db, this should not be a big hurdle.
I've followed all of the instructions for setting XP/ Win 7, inasmuch as is possible with Win 8.

Equipment:
HP Pavilion G7; Pentium B950 2.1Ghz; 8GB ram; Seagate 1Tb 7,200rpm HD; Windows 8 Professional 64
Old February 26th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
Just a few comments/thoughts based on our experiences with Windows 8 with Hoster 5.08:
  • We still have issues with songs skipping and often getting out of sync. I have replaced them & sometimes it corrects the problem, sometimes not. Cannot predict or document when these occur, but it is unique to Windows 8...never had problems with Windows 7 Ultimate on this same machine
  • When importing songs (KMA format) we are getting a number of extremely long silent lead outs...sometimes as long as the song.
  • Still experiencing unexpected shut downs. This always happens when background music is active and minimized. It doesn't seem to happen when not minimized. Fortunately, this always happens between singers. It is not as common as with Win 7, but still an annoyance.
  • When importing zip files->KMA, if you let Hoster assign Book ID, it tends to overwrite existing files. The only sure way is to start with a new block of 100. It would be nice if it automatically filled in the blanks...ie used the unassigned numbers. Since Access is the engine behind the db, this should not be a big hurdle.
I've followed all of the instructions for setting XP/ Win 7, inasmuch as is possible with Win 8.

Equipment:
HP Pavilion G7; Pentium B950 2.1Ghz; 8GB ram; Seagate 1Tb 7,200rpm HD; Windows 8 Professional 64
Seawolf, I am going to direct MTUSUPPORT to this post as they are almost ready to release 5.09 that I believe has remedied the unexpected shutdowns.
I don't know why you should get the overwrite existing files issue but they have been working on some rebuild database issues.

Tags
windows 8