MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old July 27th, 2005, 09:56 AM

karaokeXTREME discs

I recently purchased a pair of karaokeXTREME discs from Karaoke Bay and can I say what a DELIGHT it was to find that MTU's Hoster product was included on the discs along with appropriate files for the disc itself!

Admittedly, the version of the software is VERY scaled down I was very impressed with the overall presentation of the disc and how well hoster works with the accompanying files.

Many thanks to Karaoke Bay and Hoster for coming together on this to put together a sweet product line.

On a side note, I am using original discs because I have too many questions about the licensing issues. I'm considering going to a computer based show sometime next year and I was considering using a 'different' product but after seeing what Hoster has to offer I'll likely give it another one over - espcially if I can use the files off these discs with a full blown Hoster install.

If you don't know what I mean you can get an idea of the discs at:

http://www.karaokebay.com/kb/pck/promo/promo.html

I hope this link is acceptable since it appears that MTU worked with Karaoke Bay to put this product line together. If not then I guess there's a lawsuit in the near future!

BTW, any one else try any of these discs? If so, what do you think?
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:52 AM

Karaoke Extreme

I have bought the Karaoke Extreme disks produced by Karaoke Bay. I like them over all but it would have been nice if they were'nt Multisession disks. I did not bother to install the Hoster Software since the version being offered is way older than the 3.110 that I run now. I think that it is version 1.????. I have about 20 disks made by Karaoke bay and am generally pleased with them. They offer good sound and clear graphics. Some songs are a little heavy on the bass but better that than none at all like some other brands I have used. Can always turn it down but can never turn it up enough if there is none.
And The Price is right, $9.99 for regular disks, $10.99 for the extreme disks at the local Wal-Mart.
John
Old August 5th, 2005, 05:26 AM
VIP

Hoster on these discs is not an older version. It is a version designed for singers with a computer who want to practice their karaoke songs (or have a little home show) without investing in a karaoke player or having to rip them to their computer or buying expensive software. It was never meant to be used in a profesional setting.
At some point in the near future you'll be able to drag and drop songs off these disks into your kma folder and use them in Hoster.

Sam
Old August 5th, 2005, 11:11 AM

This was a new thing for us to do with Karaoke Bay, and the feedback seems pretty good. We did use the Base Hoster version of 3.110, but then it was stripped down to make it Hoster Player 1.0, a totally new Product. This product is missing alot of the things that Hoster has, because all it was needed for was to be a Simple Consumer Player, which is exactly what it is.

We are working on a MTU Upgraded version of this player also, that will be coming in the Future. It will have more features but still only be a Player, for the consumer market. This really is for consumers that want to use Karaoke, but don't want to purchase a Karaoke Player.

At some point the .kme and .kmp files will beable to be played in Hoster's Full version. This currently is not available yet, but it will be.
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:40 PM

Karaoke Extreme Disks and Hoster

One thing that I noticed after installing the software on my Desktop was that It played the songs and displayed the graphics . My desktops CDRW is not CD+G compatable and regular disks don't display graphics. Are these disks in a different format other than CD+G? I was able to import them on my Laptop using a Plextor DVD external drive and they seem to play just like any other CD+G/KMA's That I have exported. I had to use Microstudio for the last track on the disks which I don't usually have to do with Karaoke Bay's other disks. Any way I really like Karaoke Bay disks They sound good and graphics are clean. Any chance that Hoster Version 3.2 will be out soon and be able to Use these disks. Really looking forward to being able to import DVD tracks.

John
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:57 AM
VIP

These disks contain cdg (or bin) tracks just like any other karaoke disk so you can use them in a karaoke player or take them to a show or import them into Hoster. These disks also contain tracks similiar to kma's, with and without vocals to play through the hoster player. These kme's and kmv's are essentially data tracks which is why a non cdg compatable drive can read them, and is probably why the disk is multi-session and you have problems importing the last cdg (bin) track

Based on MTUSUPPORT's post I don't think there is a specific timetable set for making these compatable with the full Hoster.

Sam
Old August 12th, 2005, 01:37 PM

The Karaoke Bay Discs have 2 formats on each one.

The First Session of this Disc is a Standard Karaoke CD as you would purchase from any other company. This allows the disc to act as a normal Karaoke CD+g and play in any Karaoke Player that you have.

The Second Session of the Disc is a CD-Rom Autorun which allows the Program to Install on the Computer. This already has the compressed and Encrypted .kme and .kmp files built into the Install. This places them on your computer where they can then be played from the Player.
Old August 12th, 2005, 06:16 PM

Extreme

Thanks for the info. I used some of the tracks in my last show and it worked great.
Have a great day

John