MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 30th, 2002, 04:13 PM

2.400 Has anyone downloaded successful?

I have tried to use my free upgrade using my download link and just continue to get my current version 2.315. Am I missing something? The main page states I should get the new 2.400 when I download.

Thanks,

JC
Old December 30th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Blocked from Forums

no problems here// though i did have to uninstall the old version to get it to work properly otherwise its great
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:38 PM

No problem here either. Downloaded 2.400 and have it humming full speed ahead.

This may sound dumb but, have you checked which version you're running?.. I understand you must have version 2.314 - 2.316 to receive a free 2.400 download.

Just a question.

Good luck

Jon
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Blocked from Forums

i had the 3.15. im running xp and wk2 put clean insatll on xp cos i did not have microdtudio on that because of the auto detech which i now believe is sorted for xp but on wk2 i had to uninstall the old to get the new to work fully so now it great on both though i have not checked the auto detech on xp yet
Old December 31st, 2002, 02:28 AM

Unhappy DID IT DOWNLOAD SUCCESSFULY ??

I DOWNLOADED 2.400 THREE SEPERATE TIMES IN THREE DIFFERANT FILES. I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKED. MY PROPERTIES UNDER MICROSTUDIO STILL SAY VERSION 2.314. I THOUGHT IT WOULD DETECT MY NEW PLEXTOR 48X. BUT IT DOESN'T ACNOWLEDGE IT AS BEING COMPATIBLE. I THOUGHT THE UP DATE HAD NEW DRIVERS FOR THIS. (USING WIN98) ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED FOR ME TOO...
Old December 31st, 2002, 05:36 AM
Blocked from Forums

did you remove the old version first in add and remove and regedit then install 2.400
Old December 31st, 2002, 12:09 PM

Cool THANK YOU, WORKS NOW !!!

I JUST UNINSTALLED MY OLD VERSION THEN RAN THE NEW EXECUTIONAL DOWNLOADED FILE, "PRESTO" WORKS NOW. AND IT DOES RECOGNIZE MY NEW DRIVE. THANKS FOR THE TIP !!!!
Old January 2nd, 2003, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Here's the catch.....

Because MTU uses ESD (Electronic Software Delivery) we can offer you free upgrades. However... everything comes with a price.

Since you already have an "old link" to get a specific filename (either microstudio2314.exe, or microstudio2315.exe or microstudio2316.exe), then we MUST use the same filename that your link is programmed to deliver. Thus, you WILL download a file named any of the 3 above.

HOWEVER... the code behind these three links has been upgraded to be the 2.400 code! So, download it, uninstall your current version, and install the new code. If you want to be sure of what version you are running, click the Help menu (at the top center) then the About... option and you will see a message box with the version number in it. CLAYLEDKINS did this and proved it works.

We are sorry for this inconvience, but such is the world of Internet and ESD. I think all will agree it is far superior to our spending hundreds of hours to hand generate everyone a new link, and having to charge you for our time.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 10:56 PM

NEVER WAS SUCCESSFUL (OH WELL)

I downloaded 2.4, deinstalled 2.315 and reinstalled. I still got the same 2.315 when I checked the version. I went ahead and just paid the $15 for the upgrade and had a new link sent to me.
The $15 is not that big of a deal when you get the upgrade. I still think MTU is doing a great job.
Anyway, I am now running 2.4 and it works great. I can't wait for the new release of KHPro.

JC