MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KHPro 2 & 3 Open Discussions

KHPro 2 & 3 Open Discussions Post KHPro 2 & 3 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 5th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Frequent Member

Wink MIDI FILES...Your best Source of Music for KHP

There are millions of MIDI Files available for download on the internet. The BEST MIDI FILE SEARCH ENGINE IS:

http://www.aitech.ac.jp/~ckelly/midi...di-search.html

ONE OF THE BEST SEARCH ENGINES FOR LYRICS IS:

http://www.ntl.matrix.com.br/pfilho/summer.html

WHY USE MIDI FILES: 1. Fast Download, most only 24KB, 2. NO VOCAL JUST INSTRUMENTAL. 3. Musicians us MIDI files to create and store their arrangements. Note: The Midi file you find on a particular song is only as good as the musician or person creating it. You may have to play several versions till you find one you like.

MIDI FILES ARE DIGITAL DATA, they contain NO Sound. The Windows MIDI file player is VERY POOR. Many songs played through them sound terrible. That is because Windows has a very limited selection of default instruments to play the File.

Until now the only way to really hear what the MIDI file arrangement sounded like was to run it through a SOUND MODULE and bring it back on to your Hard Drive as a Wav file.
Sound Modules start at about $800.

But NOW "ROLAND" one of the biggest supplies of Audio and Instrument equipment in the world has a little $ 49.00 program call VIRTUAL SOUND CANVAS v3.23 Multi-Instrument Software Synthesizer. You can get it and read more about it at:

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/vscmp1.html

When you play your MIDI file through this Software it is as good as playing it through an $800+ Sound Module. The Software has over 950+ INSTRUMENTS AVAILABLE, to link to those selected by the original musician who created the Midi File, so you get the full flavor of the arrangement. Also the software imports each instrument track the musician used. If you didn't like, say for instance his use of a saxaphone, right mouse click and change it to a miramba (for a softer sound or for jazzey feel), you can also change the Tempo and Key of the Arrangment to suit you. BUT BEST OF ALL YOU CAN INSTANTLY CONVERT THE MIDI TO A "PCM, 44,100Hz, 16 Bit STEREO" WAVE FILE. Exactly what KHP needs.

I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE!

P.S. You can mute an instrument you don't like in the arrangement, change the volume or re-verb values, add special sound effects and hear your changes in real time, as the File plays.
Old June 5th, 2002, 11:20 AM

I use converted midi files mostly for KHP use and I have to say if you hunt hard enough their are some really good version out there. And a lot of rubbish too.
Old June 13th, 2002, 02:27 PM

KJZONE,
just one question:how does one find Roland's website? Keep getting everything in the world but. The Edirol site gives no purchase info or dealer location???

Thanks,
George
Old June 13th, 2002, 03:11 PM

George Here Is A Purchase Site For The UK

Couldn't find a US one
Old June 13th, 2002, 03:22 PM

Thanks, Brian. Was just going to cancel request for info. I stumbled around and found an Edirol Phone number.

For anyone interested, it's (USA) 1-800-380-2580.

The rep said they were in the process of changing their website which she hoped was the reason there was no ordering or dealer info available.. Price of $49.00 + shipping on cd.

Thanks again,

George

Might add that if the thing works as well as the demo tracks at the Edirol website, it is going to be a valuable addition to KHP and Microstudio. Sounded great...we'll see.
Old June 13th, 2002, 03:37 PM

Think I might try it myself. I have WinGroove but its very basic and you can not always get the midi sounds you want. No editing either.
Old June 13th, 2002, 04:09 PM

Don't know if the UK site has demo tracks or not, probably do, but I was impressed. Possible they may have used some real good stuff to begin with, who knows ? Their demo's didn't have that "artificial" sound, much more pleasing.
Old June 14th, 2002, 09:35 AM

Went to buy it from the UK site and it was £49.99 and then they wanted £9.95 for shipping.

Think I'll order it from the States
Old June 14th, 2002, 09:55 AM

Have no idea what the postal shipping would be from U.S. Price here was $49.00 plus $6.00 shipping.(that's ground carrier, UPS)
Kinda steep for just a c.d. which could go U.S.Mail for a bit over a dollar, but they're not the only ones doing it. Quite common.
Old June 25th, 2002, 12:46 PM

Edirol Roland VSC-MP1 Virtual Sound Canvas Multi-pack CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO

Above is a link to the formentioned product. They now have a demo. I downloaded it and tried it. I have now ordered it from Amazon.

You can work wonders with what were pretty poor midi files. No need to know anything about music at all. Just click and change the instruments, reverb, chorus etc etc.
Old June 25th, 2002, 02:12 PM

You're right on, Brian. I noticed you can also take the lead "instrument" clean out, upgrade the remaining sound and have a true Karaoke file to work with.

Just now recovering from the P.C.Blues so haven't had much opportunity to mess with it much at all.

take care,

George

Last edited by George; July 8th, 2002 at 08:06 AM.
Old June 25th, 2002, 09:35 PM

Hi guy's
have you ever tried CakeWalk pro. I use a lot of midi files for karaoke, and this works, and does just what the others say and more. Mute any single instruments or make it solo so you can change it to one of your choice at the touch of a buton. Duplicate an instrument and add just about any sound efect you like. I have even taken a chorus section from a wav file and laid it down along side the midi file and it all plays like the real thing (takes a bit longer but worth it)
Not sure where to get it now as I have had mine a long time, but someone might know. Well worth it.

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.
Old June 26th, 2002, 10:55 AM

Lightbulb Have To Try It

This sounds like a great tool to use from what I have seen here, so I went ahead and ordered it a few minutes ago. I ordered it from MTLC for $46.70 plus shipping.
Can't wait to try it out.
Thanks to all of you who are inputting this great info, as I am a new user to most of this software. Eager to learn and produce some of my own cd+g's.

Thanks,

Jerry
Old June 26th, 2002, 11:43 AM

bassn99 >>>> Glad we have been of help

I have downloaded loads of midi files that are just waiting to get tweeked and converted to wav.

I feel sorry for my space bar, as KHP is going to take a hammering once I get these midi files converted.
Old June 26th, 2002, 12:21 PM

Brian, just finished processing "love Is In The Air" with Edirol Sound Canvass, and converting it from MIDI to .WAV and the whole process took a few minutes,and sounds GREAT.

Thought you'd like to hear that.

Take Care,

George
Old June 26th, 2002, 12:34 PM

Thats not what I wanted to here

I don't get mine until 1-2 weeks according to Amazon

Enjoy it
Old June 26th, 2002, 03:27 PM

Midi's

Hey guys, any suggestions as to where I can find some of the better midi files to use in KHP. As Brian mentioned, "there is a lot of rubbish" out there too.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Last edited by bassn99; June 26th, 2002 at 04:22 PM.
Old June 26th, 2002, 05:36 PM

Music Robot

Beatles Midi Page

Midi Farm

I am afraid its a lot of surfing to find good ones. But now with the is prog you can find ones with terrible lead instrument and change it or get rid of it.

Happy Hunting
Old June 26th, 2002, 06:33 PM

Here's a few midi sites I have found,

www.angelfire.com/ok/francisyeow/midi.html
www.lerenti.com/ekaraoke/woof.htm
http://users1.ee.net/lstone/midi.htm
http://members.madasafish.com/~andys...re/various.htm

LYRICS
www.ntl.matrix.com.br/pfilho/html/main_index/

DELL Dimension 4550.
XP Home. (Factory Installed)
Intel Pentium 4CPU 2.40Ghz.
768 Mb Ram.
Boot Drive 1 60gig Turbo
Boot Drive 2 80gig
80gig HD (Storage)
Radeon 9550.
Old June 27th, 2002, 09:29 AM

Edirol Sound Canvass

If you have downloaded the trial version of this program and changed some midi files and then elected to convert them, did your trial copy only record .30 seconds?
I played with this program last night and have pretty good results. My full version should be in next week. Just wondering.

Thanks,

Jerry