MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old June 29th, 2012, 01:49 AM
VIP

Re: Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

Played a four hour gig today with my wife's shuttle xp setup from 4 to 8 o'clock. Her show ran flawless. I started another four hour gig at 8:00 using my new laptop with H5.07. I removed a windows 7 gadget (a clock) off the desktop, and set fade in and out to zero, and clicked always on top for preview screen. All that is left for extras was remove silence with 2 seconds added silence at the beginning and end of songs and mcafee running in background.

The fourth song into the show, I remembered there I remembered That I had left a usb drive I didn't need in the slot so I took it out after the song finished, it seemed like as soon as I touched it, the hoster error must close screen popped up. Although I was pretty sure the song had completely stopped, but maybe I grabbed the thing too soon. Hoping this might be another clue so wanted to mention that.

Then, three hours into the show, at the end of a song anoter completely random crash occurred. The only thing I remember doing was making a few movements and deletions/additions to the playlist during the song before.

I'm not trying to be a continual complaner, but want to report every crash that might contain even a bit of a clue and that some one else might remember experiencing.

Old June 29th, 2012, 04:59 AM

[quote=Skybird74;112747]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Problem with Hoster 5.07 Crashing
My brand new laptop is Windows 7 (all updates (drivers too) and MTU tweaks) a Dell XPS 15z with 8 GB ram, 1 GB dedicated video card, 7200 rpm 750 GB HD.

The first night I had it out I used the mini-display out of the Dell to a vga adaptor into a convertor that sent the video from a vga cord to the singers monitor, and from the composite out of the adaptor to another monitor for the audience view:

I had one crash that first night by the tenth song I played. I was doing nothing with the keyboard at the time of the crash and the crash was at the very end of the song, when the song was completely finished. Oh, I used manual mode, using Remove Silence On (which worked great), had fade in and fade out set at 2 seconds. And when it did crash and I restarted hoster the monitor screen came on at about 1/2 the original size.(I thought one of the previous updates that was mentioned a registry entry was adjusted and it wasn't supposed to happen any more). I also thought that a bit of work was done on the playlist that nearly eliminated all the causes of random crashes.

The second night I used the hdmi out from the dedicated card into an HDMI to composite convertor to one singers monitor:

I had two crashes, one at about an hour and a half into the show, and another about an hour later. I get the Windows 7 Hoster has failed and must close error again. Restarted both times again with diminished size show display. Both crashes were at the end of the song while I was sitting there waiting for something to happen; not doing anything on the keyboard.Same settings as above, remove silence on, fade in/out at 2 sec., etc. :(
I did note the songs that it ended on and the next song afterwards both times that night.

I compare this to maybe one random crash every 6 or 8 months doing 6 to 10 shows a week (4 to 5 hours each) with 4.09D. The average "once a week DJ/KJ" would only see this behavior once every six years or so, and maybe never if they haven't been in business that long. This is with XP and a very old Dell e1505 2 GB ram with a very small, weak, 128 mB integrated card, 500 GB 5200 rpm HD.

At this rate I could expect one crash per show, this is really scary for me, but I don't think I can use 4.09D with windows 7, however, on this laptop.

Is anyone else having any of these type of crashes with 5.07? If so, do you use remove silence and fade in or fade out on the playlist songs.[/quote]
Yes, I've had similar crashes (on Vista), 2-3 times a night with 5.07 - for no apparent reason it just decides to quit, sometimes while playing a disk in my separate machine and then just as I decide to play a song in Hoster, it just "stops responding" while I'm just looking at it. I don't use remove silence and this can happen even if I don't have BA turned on. I'm hoping 5.08 fixes this.
Hi Bryant, I have also experienced this random crashing on my main laptop, Its running v5.07 hoster, I have tried it with remove silence set at 3 sec before and 3 sec after, I don't use BA. When it happens it will do it just as the song has finished, and it normally happens on the same song. When i try that particular song at home it doesn't crash after it finishes so that makes it hard to identify the problem. The only thing in common is that when it does crash it is about 2 hours in to my show. The saving grace is that it is quick to get everything back up and running so not a major issue for me. Regards Marco
Old June 29th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Regarding the crash on your removing the hard drive, did you just pull the usb plug out ?
Check if your Hard drive Properties/Policies setting is set to quick removal.
If set to better performance then you must use the "Safely remove hardware icon on the task bar" I personally always select this even though my drive it set to quick removal.

Have you noticed when the random crash occurs if it is the same file type CDCDG, HDZIP, HDMP3G etc or are they random types ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM

Anyone having these Crashes at the end of the song, please email me at support at mtu.com .

I have a 5.08 beta version that should fix this, if you are willing to try it. It is stable, but this is the main fix in it.
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTUSUPPORT View Post
Anyone having these Crashes at the end of the song, please email me at support at mtu.com .

I have a 5.08 beta version that should fix this, if you are willing to try it. It is stable, but this is the main fix in it.
Is that your complete email address????
If I can get a hold of it this afternoon I will use it tonight.

Oh wait I see it must be support@mtu.com thanx.

Last edited by bryant; June 29th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Regarding the crash on your removing the hard drive, did you just pull the usb plug out ?
Check if your Hard drive Properties/Policies setting is set to quick removal.
If set to better performance then you must use the "Safely remove hardware icon on the task bar" I personally always select this even though my drive it set to quick removal.

Have you noticed when the random crash occurs if it is the same file type CDCDG, HDZIP, HDMP3G etc or are they random types ?
Roy,
I usually do that when I remove those thumb drives. This time, because Hoster was open and I had used it before the show to load a few songs in, it doesn't give me the "safe to remove bubble" unless I close hoster then try it again. So this time i did just pull it out, aware of the possibility that I can damage any files on the thumb drive. I have done this before a few times with the older 4.09D laptop, and Hoster never crashed, indicating to me some sensitivity with H5.07.

I will check the type of files when I'm at the laptop again today and let you know as I remember three of the file names.

Thank you.

Old June 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
VIP

[quote=mjekaraoke;112760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post

Hi Bryant, I have also experienced this random crashing on my main laptop, Its running v5.07 hoster, I have tried it with remove silence set at 3 sec before and 3 sec after, I don't use BA. When it happens it will do it just as the song has finished, and it normally happens on the same song. When I try that particular song at home it doesn't crash after it finishes so that makes it hard to identify the problem. (I have that same problem too)The only thing in common is that when it does crash it is about 2 hours in to my show. The saving grace is that it is quick to get everything back up and running so not a major issue for me. Regards Marco
Maybe the program needs a little time to built up "the nerve" to crash, as I have had a crash every time after 2 to 2-1/2 hours, although my very first crash was in an hour (not counting the usb one, which was 4 songs).

Good, that's more ammunition we get to the "fixers". You gonna try the fix Bryan has out??

Old June 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM
VIP

[quote=bryant;112766]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjekaraoke View Post

Maybe the program needs a little time to built up "the nerve" to crash, as I have had a crash every time after 2 to 2-1/2 hours, although my very first crash was in an hour (not counting the usb one, which was 4 songs).

Good, that's more ammunition we get to the "fixers". You gonna try the fix Bryan has out??

Hi Bryant, the only thing from me was in blue. The rest is "mjekaraoke", as I only have Hoster on my Vista laptop. And, I have never yet used Remove Silence. I did respond the other day that I still have random crashing, for no apparent reason & on no particular song. But it does NOT happen at every Show. When 5.07 first came out, it crashed so much that I reverted to 5.06. Ran 2 perfect shows with 5.06 until it started crashing, so I went back to 5.07 a few weeks ago. I like to use BA whenever possible as it takes the singers so long to get to the stage.
I plan to use 5.08 tomorrow.

DUH - I think the quotes are messed up. I quoted Bryant & it shows mjekaraoke. Bryant quoted mjekaraoke and it show "originally by Skybird". Is that some kind of glitch???
Old June 29th, 2012, 04:54 PM
VIP

I did notice one other thing last night was that when I played an instabutton that was a .wav file , it came out over the laptop speakers, not the main speakers that are fed from my usb mixer. Were the .wav files on instabuttons meant to be this way? I couldn't remember.

Old June 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I did notice one other thing last night was that when I played an instabutton that was a .wav file , it came out over the laptop speakers, not the main speakers that are fed from my usb mixer. Were the .wav files on instabuttons meant to be this way? I couldn't remember.
If you have a USB mixer then that could account for it, have a look in your Tools/Audio Controls, the playlist audio card normally shows as the speaker selected by default. (which on most is the headphone socket out which disables speaker) You can see if the drop down arrow allows you to choose another, see what happens if you do.
Also having the usb mixer may make the search audio card appear as well, check which audio card that has showing as well.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old June 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM
VIP

Quote:
If you have a USB mixer then that could account for it, have a look in your Tools/Audio Controls, the playlist audio card normally shows as the speaker selected by default. (which on most is the headphone socket out which disables speaker) You can see if the drop down arrow allows you to choose another, see what happens if you do.
Also having the usb mixer may make the search audio card appear as well, check which audio card that has showing as well.
Yes, I have done that and run hoster thru the usb audio and preview under the laptop speakers...other mp3 instabuttons play normally.

Old June 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

I can confirm what you say, I just plugged in a usb sound card and set it as playlist audio card which then sets the internal speakers as search audio card and sound from video instabuttons still comes through speakers.
There is no problem when using the internal as playlist audio card, the problem only comes about when reversing them.
Old June 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM
VIP

Quote:

I got the 1706 error: valid source for hoster product cannoy be found. but it continued to install anyway. Will I be okay.

Old June 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I got the 1706 error: valid source for hoster product cannoy be found. but it continued to install anyway. Will I be okay.
Should be OK, it usually tells you to ignore this if you see it.
Old June 29th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Right back to the audio instabutton set up.
I just went into the audio properties and got the instabuttons playing correct with the videos using usb audio card as playlist card.
Right click the speaker icon on task bar and select playback devices, find your usb audio card right click and make it default device, then in your Hoster Tools/Audio Controls select it again there for Playlist audio card.
Then try your video instabuttons. Worked for me.
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:05 AM
VIP

Quote:
Right back to the audio instabutton set up.
I just went into the audio properties and got the instabuttons playing correct with the videos using usb audio card as playlist card.
Right click the speaker icon on task bar and select playback devices, find your usb audio card right click and make it default device, then in your Hoster Tools/Audio Controls select it again there for Playlist audio card.
Then try your video instabuttons. Worked for me.
Yes, I did all that, the first time.
The videos played fine too in instabuutons.
It was the one instabutton that was a .wav file.

Were your instabuttons mp3 or .wav?

Old June 30th, 2012, 02:16 AM
VIP

Unhappy Re: Post Hoster 5.07 Problems Here

Quote:

I did exactly as you stated.
However, I had 4 crashes tonight. The first one in the first 1/2 hour..the second a half hour after that. Both of those came back after a restart with a normal sized singers screen (usually, after a crash, I get a 1/2 size singers screen.). The next two crashes, after a restart of Hoster, the singers screen came up 1/2 size as in the past. That makes it difficult as I have to resize the screen(big 60" and singers monitor) in front of the audience and they all yell out "Hey, wassup with that!".

Also, the very last song indicated a crash. Total of four between 9:30 and 12:45!
I also wanted to mention that. "I ran one song (Barbara Ann-BeachBoys) for an hour and a half at home on auto with no crashes before I left for the show. Assumed it was stable at that point.

Last edited by bryant; June 30th, 2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Were your instabuttons mp3 or .wav?
Both, I have 3 .wav files a number of other video formats and .mp3.
All played alright after selecting the usb card as default from the windows playback properties.
Old July 4th, 2012, 02:24 AM
VIP

Okay, here's what I did tonight:
I did Not have virtual DJ up in the background, had McAfee disabled too (although I am never online anyway with Show machines during a show). Turn off gadget (wall clock).
Remove Silence was not used at all((except for the first two songs, then I put it back to normal ( no remove silence) mode)). Of course, tempo was disabled so must've been using old player. Fade in/out was left on at 3 seconds each. No B.A. as usual. Manual mode for playlist songs. 3 - 1/2 hour show with 48 songs with a lot of moving around singers, renaming, skipping, deleting, using mp3 instabuttons, etc. Most of my songs are cdcdg, some are hdmp3g, and a few are hdbin.

The one thing I did was to NOT let many songs at all reach the end. I would hit the stop button if I saw 4 or 5 seconds left (actually, shift-stop as I like to see played songs shown as "played". very few, if any, songs reached the end by themselves (where the crashes had been occurring).

There were no crashes. Not sure what this means, maybe just randomness?

Hoping I can supply clues and get advice from anyone on what I should try next?

Oh, show machine is Dell XPS15z, i5, 8 gB ram, dual core 2.67 MHz, 7200 rpm 750 GB HD, 1 gB nvidia dedicated video card, all tweaks and Hoster recommendations made on Windows 7 platform.

Old July 4th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Okay, here's what I did tonight:
I did Not have virtual DJ up in the background, had McAfee disabled too (although I am never online anyway with Show machines during a show). Turn off gadget (wall clock).
Remove Silence was not used at all((except for the first two songs, then I put it back to normal ( no remove silence) mode)). Of course, tempo was disabled so must've been using old player. Fade in/out was left on at 3 seconds each. No B.A. as usual. Manual mode for playlist songs. 3 - 1/2 hour show with 48 songs with a lot of moving around singers, renaming, skipping, deleting, using mp3 instabuttons, etc. Most of my songs are cdcdg, some are hdmp3g, and a few are hdbin.

The one thing I did was to NOT let many songs at all reach the end. I would hit the stop button if I saw 4 or 5 seconds left (actually, shift-stop as I like to see played songs shown as "played". very few, if any, songs reached the end by themselves (where the crashes had been occurring).

There were no crashes. Not sure what this means, maybe just randomness?

Hoping I can supply clues and get advice from anyone on what I should try next?

Oh, show machine is Dell XPS15z, i5, 8 gB ram, dual core 2.67 MHz, 7200 rpm 750 GB HD, 1 gB nvidia dedicated video card, all tweaks and Hoster recommendations made on Windows 7 platform.
I know I asked this before but can't remember if you answered it but you say " Most of my songs are cdcdg, some are hdmp3g, and a few are hdbin." Have you ever noted if the crashes were related to any particular type ?
I personnly don't have any HDBIN files so that is one thing different on your computer to mine.

I would suggest running next time with everything dissabled as before except RS and see if you get the crashes again, if so disable the RS again but let songs play to their natural end and see if they crash then, at least that might narrow it down to either the RS or just the ending of the songs.
If it plays OK with RS enabled then try next time enabling virtual dj, it's just a process of elimination to find what is causing it.
Closed Thread