MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 7th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Frequent Member

Videopro....

I'm running out of ideas......other than re-installing your older version of MicroStudio and it if it works.....stay with it for now.

Does XP have anything like SFC (System File Checker) to check for missing, altered, corrupted System Files?
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:12 PM

Videopro,
Did you try to change the display setting under the View Menu in Microstudio?

Which CDR drive are you using?
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:20 PM

Now we're answering questions for the second time around. PLEXTOR 12/10/32A and yes the setting was changed-a few times. Direct X 8.1 is installed. The ASPI checker showed the latest were installed. Spending all day to get one program running is a little ridiculous. So now what did I spend the money on the program where if there were bug fixes in the last version that's what I'm stuck with or do I just look for another karaoke program.
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Frequent Member

Videopro...

Re: Video Card Drivers.......Nvidia
Is this the Drivers you downloaded.....Version 41.09?

Are you saying that an older version of MicroStudio was installed on the very computer you are having problems with v2.4 and that it was running correctly and
That you merely upgrade to v2.4 and it won't run?

Does XP have anything like SFC (System File Checker) to check for missing, altered, corrupted System Files? Have you ran it?

Did you try installing the older version of MicroStudio to see it it runs correctly?

When you ran the AspiChecker for XP did it say it was installed correctly?

If so what files were displayed?
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:34 PM

Videopro,
Send me your DXDIAG again now that you have all the drivers updated so that I can double check the differences between your old one.

Also are you trying to play from the CD-Rom or from the Hard drive?

If you haven't tried from the hard drive please do so to see if it is an issue with playing from the CD.
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:40 PM

As stated earlier this happens when I'm playing from CD-Rom & hard drive
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:49 PM

KJZONE, your question was:

"Videopro.....

Are you saying that an older version of MicroStudio was installed on the very computer you are having problems with v2.4 and that it was running correctly and

That you merely upgrade to v2.4 and it won't run?"

Remember he said early on that he also had a re-formatted hard drive. You don't do that just to pass the time of day. So he had some kind of serious problem before this ever started.

George
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:03 PM

As I've already stated several times. When you try to play a disc by clicking on the play tab you get maybe 20% of the screen. The music plays but no graphics. They just freeze on the first page but you only see a small portion of the graphics. They don't scroll-they do nothing. The song continues to play but nothing happens to the graphics. I tried two different video cards with the same results. I reformatted the computer to make sure there was no trace of the original program causing this problem. After it was reformatted I put MTU on first to see if there by some bizarre chance of another program causing this. Everything I tried did not help. I have better things to do than reformat computers. This is unacceptable. All I wanted to do was upgrade to the new version since I am entitled to it. I deal with sonic foundry products, steinberg, sonic & none of these ever game me a problem & no don't even try to say one of those might be causing this because remember I reformatted the hard drive & tried it with MTU as the ONLY program on my computer. I have much better things to do than this!!!!
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:21 PM

And so do I, adios.
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Frequent Member

Videopro........

I'm a retired PhD Engineer.....and I enjoy the challenge to troubleshoot problems. I have ask you very specific questions..which you have failed to answer. This is an excellent Forum and most problems can be solved by users like my self, George, Jim in Ohio, etc. We enjoy helping others get the MTU programs working right.......but questions posed to you by Senior Members of the Forum were not being answered by you and therefore to get you from point A to point B you have to take logical steps and systematically check out various components of your computer. You have failed us so far. You may think you have answered our questions, but you have not. Please go back and answer each of the questions I have proposed and I will continue to work with you.....otherwise I must assume you don't wish our help any longer.

Kjzone
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:29 PM

How many times do you need to get answers. You don't have solutions. If the old version works & the new one doesn't well then the problem is MTU's. What question do you claim wasn't answered anyway?
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:32 PM

Videopro,
Have you done any of the Windows Updates, since you had reformatted the drive? This may be something to try before you reformat the system again. Just a last thought that I do have. Also send me your Dxdiag, one more time and let me compare it to the one from earlier and see what changed.
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:40 PM

He has reinstalled Microstudio 2.315 and it is no longer working on this system either. So there is a problem with the system of some type, the problem is trying to diagnose this.
Old January 7th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Frequent Member

Videopro......

The Program WORKS.........something, in your computer system is not working properly. It's not the PROGRAM.

The problem, is to check each component. I will not go back and retype my questions, you can look at the posts, but for example:

1. I asked you when you upgraded you Video Drivers was it version 41.09? NO ANSWER.

2. I asked you when you ran the AspiChecker for XP, did it say the Aspi Layer was installed properly? NO ANSWER

3. I asked you what files were were displayed when you ran the AspiChecker? NO ANSWER

4. I asked you if you tried re-installed the version of MicroStudio that was working properly and if so was it working now. NO ANSWER

THERE WERE OTHER QUESTIONS I ASKED, BUT NO ANSWER AS WELL AS QUESTIONS FROM OTHER SENIOR MEMBERS......

THERE WERE MANY MORE........EACH QUESTION WAS ASKED SPECIFICALLY TO RULE OUT THAT COMPONENT.
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:00 PM

Brian Cox could even verify this. The latest drivers were installed.
The ASPI layer was installed properly
The old one works The new one doesn't
What more do you need to know? It's not working
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:05 PM

Videopro,
Are you saying that Microstudio 2.315 is now working on your system? You emailed me saying that it didn't work anymore on this computer. Which is correct? You can send me an invitation from Remote Assistance on your XP Pro system, and I can come and take a look at it through the internet. Would you like to try this?
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Videopro
Brian Cox could even verify this. The latest drivers were installed.
The ASPI layer was installed properly
The old one works The new one doesn't
What more do you need to know? It's not working
"He has reinstalled Microstudio 2.315 and it is no longer working on this system either. So there is a problem with the system of some type, the problem is trying to diagnose this."

I CAN'T TELL FROM THESE POSTS IF THE OLDER VERSION IS WORKING OR NOT?

VIDEOPRO.....DO YOU HAVE NORTON UTILITES 2002 OR 2003, GREAT PROGRAM TO TROUBLESHOOT WINDOWS PROBLEMS AND CORRECT THEM AUTOMATICALLY.

GOT TO CALL IT A NIGHT.......
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:15 PM

This is getting nowhere.
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:36 PM

You didn't answer if you were willing to try the Remote Assistant or not. It is located on your Start Menu\ Programs Remote Assistant. Let me know if you would like to try this or not.
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:46 PM

Videopro...

You STILL have not answered the questions asked by KJZone and other senior members in the order they were asked. They are not being curious. THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT...

The program works!!!!!!!

Try to gain your composture...frustration leads nowhere. Everyone here is trying to help you.

The program works!!!!

Good luck

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; January 8th, 2003 at 12:31 AM.
Closed Thread