MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 1st, 2010, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Roy this is incorrect. The file would be named exactly the same way Hoster names them. That is with DiskID-Track Number.
Hi Dale
If you convert a song in songverter to a .kma it does retain the file name( I tried it). As far as I can tell you can not import the .kma file into Hoster data base using import hard drive files, the only way I think you can get them into the data base is to copy & paste Which is basically what he did as shown in this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskydiverr View Post
I tried importing zip files to Hoster. Tedious process, so I bought Songverter, converted the zips to Kma, moved them to my KMA folder and rebulit my database.

4.11?
May be I am wrong but that's how I read it.

Roy.
Old February 1st, 2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Hi Dale
If you convert a song in songverter to a .kma it does retain the file name( I tried it). As far as I can tell you can not import the .kma file into Hoster data base using import hard drive files, the only way I think you can get them into the data base is to copy & paste Which is basically what he did as shown in this quote.

May be I am wrong but that's how I read it.

Roy.
Not if the DiskID and track number are part of the name. If they are present then that is what it uses for the KMA file which is what I think he had since he didn't know how to find them in the folder.
And yes you are right hte only way to add KMA files to Hoster is to copy them to the KMA folder, then run the Add to include the files in the database and assign BookIDs. The problems I see with this method though is that you have no control over what BookID they get and the file is not unzipped down to the MP3 and CDG files before adding the KMA extension. This means that Hoster has to unzip the file before playing causing a longer delay between hitting the play and when the song starts playing which is why Hoster unzips them before conversion to KMA.
Old February 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Not if the DiskID and track number are part of the name. If they are present then that is what it uses for the KMA file which is what I think he had since he didn't know how to find them in the folder.
And yes you are right the only way to add KMA files to Hoster is to copy them to the KMA folder, then run the Add to include the files in the database and assign BookIDs. The problems I see with this method though is that you have no control over what BookID they get and the file is not unzipped down to the MP3 and CDG files before adding the KMA extension. This means that Hoster has to unzip the file before playing causing a longer delay between hitting the play and when the song starts playing which is why Hoster unzips them before conversion to KMA.
Dale Ive just been experimenting with some of these zip file names. Yes you are right if If the Disk Id and track is in the file name it does just use that, I have some that only have artist & song so that is why it sets the file name as I suggested, also I have some where the Disk Id & track are in brackets then they show as full File name as this example
"Don_Gibson_-_Oh_Lonesome_Me_(SC7539-09).kma"

I wonder if it is a good idea to be able to convert too .kma If it wasn't available you wouldn't have people trying to load them into Hoster data base and you can't use them in any other software other than MTUs and as you say "you have no control over what BookID they get "

Roy.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Hoster 4.20 when released, will fix ALOT of these Batch import issues that we are seeing. We have done a major redo of how the Hard drive files are imported.

Also we just released version 1.22 that does fix some crash issues with converting .kma files to MP3+G. They were mainly under Windows Vista and Windows 7 that I had found the problem with.

You can download it from here.